Author Topic: The ZDK Trade Proposal Extravaganza Thread To End All Threads #OhYeah  (Read 41365 times)

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Bell to the yanks for Voit, hicks, pereira, Schmidt, and wells.

Who says no?

Online Natsinpwc

Bell to the yanks for Voit, hicks, pereira, Schmidt, and wells.

Who says no?
No. They have to sign Rizzo. ARoid told them so last night.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
To go along with Cole winning the Cy young award.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace

Bell > rizzo by a good margin

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Uh, sure, if you compare the best season of Bell's career to the worst one in Rizzo's.  Regression occurs in both directions.

Online Natsinpwc

Sorry but you will have to take that up with ARoid.   

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Uh, sure, if you compare the best season of Bell's career to the worst one in Rizzo's.  Regression occurs in both directions.

Bell was better this year as well (his second best year) and is 3 years younger.  Rizzo is clearly in a moderate decline

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Bell was better this year as well (his second best year) and is 3 years younger.  Rizzo is clearly in a moderate decline

Even given the truth of those facts, it doesn't clearly put him ahead.  Rizzo has never shat the bed like Bell did last year, for example.

Yes, Bell is probably a better player now, but to act like there's some massive gulf just isn't accurate.  For one major thing, Bell is a DH who has to play a position.  Rizzo isn't. Heck, Fangraphs even had Rizzo with a higher WAR number this year due to defense. 

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Even given the truth of those facts, it doesn't clearly put him ahead.  Rizzo has never shat the bed like Bell did last year, for example.

Yes, Bell is probably a better player now, but to act like there's some massive gulf just isn't accurate.  For one major thing, Bell is a DH who has to play a position.  Rizzo isn't. Heck, Fangraphs even had Rizzo with a higher WAR number this year due to defense. 
Shat the bed? Bell got COVID. And even with that horrendous start, he out hit Rizzo

Online Natsinpwc

Shat the bed? Bell got COVID. And even with that horrendous start, he out hit Rizzo
Think he is referring to 2020--I know--we are not supposed to count that year.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
I’m confused.  A lot of people on this forum seem to be riding bells jockstrap dying we need to extend him.  How good is he?  Who actually wants him around at $20M per year?

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Did I fall asleep and wake up in 2022?

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Seiya Suzuki please

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Bell, Harris, Finnegan for Hosmer, Cronenworth, Gore

I’m interested to see if the collapse of the Padres leads to more overhauls then just firing tingler and shedding salary.  I’m wondering if we could perhaps get machado and hosmer in a deal

Offline Elvir Ovcina

I’m interested to see if the collapse of the Padres leads to more overhauls then just firing tingler and shedding salary.  I’m wondering if we could perhaps get machado and hosmer in a deal

I like the way you're thinking, but there's no way to get Machado into a deal, realistically.  He's too good, not old, and any problems created by his contract are down the line.   I also don't get why you'd get Cronenworth in a deal where the Prellers are trying to dump salary: he's good and cheap and they're in win-now mode; or Harris going the other way: he's expensive, old, and injured.  Bell's decent but he's not going to be especially cheap as he's in his last year of arbitration, and Hosmer's contract becomes much less onerous after this year. 

More along the line you might be thinking would be pared down, Bell going there for Hosmer and assets.  I'm not sure that's Gore because the Prellers have been pumping him up for what seems like a decade now, so it'd be hard for the Preller-in-chief to use him for a salary dump.   But generally, I like the thought of this kind of deal.  Hosmer's not even terrible.  He's just not very good, not worth his contract, and he happens to be on a good team that could use the payroll flexibility.   I think it might be more realistic to take Profar in a miniature version of that deal, but I like the thinking.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
I like the way you're thinking, but there's no way to get Machado into a deal, realistically.  He's too good, not old, and any problems created by his contract are down the line.   I also don't get why you'd get Cronenworth in a deal where the Prellers are trying to dump salary: he's good and cheap and they're in win-now mode; or Harris going the other way: he's expensive, old, and injured.  Bell's decent but he's not going to be especially cheap as he's in his last year of arbitration, and Hosmer's contract becomes much less onerous after this year. 

More along the line you might be thinking would be pared down, Bell going there for Hosmer and assets.  I'm not sure that's Gore because the Prellers have been pumping him up for what seems like a decade now, so it'd be hard for the Preller-in-chief to use him for a salary dump.   But generally, I like the thought of this kind of deal.  Hosmer's not even terrible.  He's just not very good, not worth his contract, and he happens to be on a good team that could use the payroll flexibility.   I think it might be more realistic to take Profar in a miniature version of that deal, but I like the thinking.

Sadly the ship has sailed on getting Robert hassell in a salary dump deal.  Maybe at the deadline it would’ve worked but now he is too good.  Batted .300 with 30 steals and 30 doubles and got up to high a (I think).

Abrams seems like a guy who is likely to be moved by them at some point with machado, Tatis, and croneenworth locking down infield spots plus Frazier maybe ending up at 2nd if they go after more outfielders. 

Meyers would be another good guy to target.  Still has a slightly above leave average bat but is bad in the field and makes $23M for one more year

Offline Slateman

Would rather just trade them Robles for Hosmer and Gore. Actually, we should probably get more, but the Padres arent going to part with Cronenworth.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Would rather just trade them Robles for Hosmer and Gore. Actually, we should probably get more, but the Padres arent going to part with Cronenworth.

With where he’s at,  gore alone isn’t enough to get a team to take on hosmer.  Not even close

Offline Slateman

With where he’s at,  gore alone isn’t enough to get a team to take on hosmer.  Not even close
Then balance it with the Padres eating money.

They arent giving up Hassel or Abrams without a huge return. Nats are already stocked at catcher, so unless its like a three team trade with Campusano, I dont know where it goes.

Trade Robles for Hosmer, Gore, Angeles, and Campusano. Flip Campusano to the Red Sox for Yorke and Bazardo, or Downs and Jimenez

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
What about a Corbin + Harris for Rendon trade.  Bad contracts swap.  Both teams get a guy they’re familiar with.  Angels need pitching and they would save money here.  We fill the 3B void

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
What about a Corbin + Harris for Rendon trade.  Bad contracts swap.  Both teams get a guy they’re familiar with.  Angels need pitching and they would save money here.  We fill the 3B void

Add in cavalli and the angels might consider it

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Add in cavalli and the angels might consider it

Or we also take upton and give them bell

Bell, Harris, Corbin —> rendon, upton

Then also take on hosmer to play 1st in a separate deal

Offline HondoKillebrew

Or we also take upton and give them bell

Bell, Harris, Corbin —> rendon, upton

Then also take on hosmer to play 1st in a separate deal

What -- no Trout?