Author Topic: The ZDK Trade Proposal Extravaganza Thread To End All Threads #OhYeah  (Read 41401 times)

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Robles, Fedde, Severino, Gio
FOR
McCutchen, Cole, Watson

Rendon, Giolito, Ross, Lopez, Taylor, Cole
FOR
Trout, Escobar

Online Natsinpwc

Not sure why I open/read this thread.
Because you want to read about trades that will never ever happen!

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Zdk, get us Adam Jones!

Offline GuyFromCO

Zdk, get us Adam Jones!

No MASN deal
----->
Adam Jones

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
No MASN deal
----->
Adam Jones

I was thinking Harper, Robles, and Gio?

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
What does land Mike trout though, honestly?

Would Ross, Rendon, Giolito, Lopez, Soto, Gott, and Difo do it?

What could we get from the Yankees for Harper?

Betances, Gardner, Torres, Frazier, Kapriellian

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
First,

Trade Harper and Gio to to Yankees for
Betances, Torres, Frazier, Rutherford, Mateo, Kaprielian

Then,

Trade

Ross, Giolito, Frazier, Mateo, Fedde, and Gott

For

Trout

Sign fowler.
Sign chapman

Offline WhiteWhale

Because you want to read about trades that will never ever happen!

we can do that on MLBTR

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
I think we trade Harper this offseason

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I think we trade Harper this offseason
I suggested that at one point, but I have no clue how to value him.  I'd guess there has not been a talent comparable to Harper being moved in a deal since Miggy Cabrera. 

I thought maybe a deal built around Benintendi made sense, but I'm not sure of the other pieces (at least Devers, probably a lefty starter who walks into our rotation, and then some).  As has been pointed out, I may be too much of a Boston fan so I overate their prospects.  That said, Benintendi was supposed to be Hahn's target for Sale, and the Sox preferred to put in Moncada, so it may say something about his value. Sox have not dealt talent off the 25 man other than Shaw in any of their deals, but BH would backfill in left, so maybe that's doable.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
I suggested that at one point, but I have no clue how to value him.  I'd guess there has not been a talent comparable to Harper being moved in a deal since Miggy Cabrera. 

I thought maybe a deal built around Benintendi made sense, but I'm not sure of the other pieces (at least Devers, probably a lefty starter who walks into our rotation, and then some).  As has been pointed out, I may be too much of a Boston fan so I overate their prospects.  That said, Benintendi was supposed to be Hahn's target for Sale, and the Sox preferred to put in Moncada, so it may say something about his value. Sox have not dealt talent off the 25 man other than Shaw in any of their deals, but BH would backfill in left, so maybe that's doable.

We'd be selling low right now on Harper. For him to truly be beneficial, he'd have to repeat (or come close) to 2015. Otherwise, you're moving a 4 WAR outfielder. Which, while good, isn't going to give you an amazing haul like we would hope.

The other question is who is a 4 WAR, LHH away from contending AND has  a strong farm system?

Online Natsinpwc

We'd be selling low right now on Harper. For him to truly be beneficial, he'd have to repeat (or come close) to 2015. Otherwise, you're moving a 4 WAR outfielder. Which, while good, isn't going to give you an amazing haul like we would hope.

The other question is who is a 4 WAR, LHH away from contending AND has  a strong farm system?
On the other hand the closer he gets to free agency the more risk the team receiving him takes on. Should have traded him after 2015. 

Online Slateman

On the other hand the closer he gets to free agency the more risk the team receiving him takes on. Should have traded him after 2015. 
I agree. I said that. I got mocked.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator

Well, it's 2 years of arb, the opportunity to negotiate an extension, and the right to draft pick compensation if you do acquire him.  Your exposure to the downside is limited.   I don't know what projections are for Bryce after this year and how much 2016 impacts it.  I suspect an acquiring team would expect 10 WAR, low end, over 2 years for a guy who is still before his prime.

Offline NJ Ave

Yankees are the obvious choice, especially after resigning Chapman which makes Betances a luxury. Something like Torres, Betances, Frazier/Judge would make a lot of sense. No idea if that's too much or too little. Could be either depending on whether Harper his finds MVP form.

Online Slateman

Well, it's 2 years of arb, the opportunity to negotiate an extension, and the right to draft pick compensation if you do acquire him.  Your exposure to the downside is limited.   I don't know what projections are for Bryce after this year and how much 2016 impacts it.  I suspect an acquiring team would expect 10 WAR, low end, over 2 years for a guy who is still before his prime.
So, arb and draft pick compensation I agree with. However, the pick is not as valuable as previous, as it comes at the end of the first round. Arb? I guess, but Harper won't be cheap even in arbitration. Made five million last year. I'd expect him to get to double digits. And negotiating an early extension? I think it's pretty obvious that Harper want's a crap ton of money from a big time team.

So who has the team but needs a big bat and has the prospects?

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Yankees are the obvious choice, especially after resigning Chapman which makes Betances a luxury. Something like Torres, Betances, Frazier/Judge would make a lot of sense. No idea if that's too much or too little. Could be either depending on whether Harper his finds MVP form.

I think Betances, Torres, Rutherford would be my proposed core of the deal with maybe a few secondary C/C+ guys that Rizzo likes for some reason or another.

Frazier Ks a lot and has always Ked a lot.  That might hinder his avg going forward.  Also, Judge is all tools.  I'm very skeptical of his ability to ever hit for both his power potential and a decent avg. He looks like a .220 hitter who will hit 30 hrs a year.  Think a more athletic Chris Carter with less power and more hit.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I suppose if we were to trade  Harper, getting back Betances would have to be part of the deal.  I would want to fix the closer problem and not open a hole in the everyday lineup this year, in addition to getting worthwhile prospects.  I'm sure Boras and the NYY could start work on the extension.  Would we want say, Gardner along with Betances and A type prospects (2, or an A and a couple B/C types), or is Judge or one of the outfielders capable of stepping in as a regular now for us (meaning Betances, the OF, plus an A type prospect)?

Offline Trea Burner

Rockies not trading Blackmon unless they get an "Adam Eaton type deal." Nice job getting fleeced rizzo.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Rockies not trading Blackmon unless they get an "Adam Eaton type deal." Nice job getting fleeced rizzo.

Blackmon has less control

Offline Trea Burner

Blackmon has less control

My point wasn't that rizzo should trade for Blackmon. My point was basically the Rockies saying they won't trade Blackmon unless they fleece someone with a similar trade.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
My point wasn't that rizzo should trade for Blackmon. My point was basically the Rockies saying they won't trade Blackmon unless they fleece someone with a similar trade.

Eaton=Blackmon skill wise (roughly) (eatons  probably a bit better)
Eaton has 5 years of control
Blackmon has 2

They want the 5 years worth of prospects price as to the two year price.  Understandable that they are starting high. 

Offline GuyFromCO

Stroman for Blackmon would be the crap!

Offline Trea Burner

Eaton=Blackmon skill wise (roughly) (eatons  probably a bit better)
Eaton has 5 years of control
Blackmon has 2

They want the 5 years worth of prospects price as to the two year price.  Understandable that they are starting high.

No one is going to give the Rockies anything close to the eaton haul. Rizzo overpaid plain and simple. Desperation is a funny thing.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Rendon, Ross, Robles, Fedde, Soto, Kieboom, Gott

For

Trout