Author Topic: Carter Kieboom: finally the year?  (Read 14677 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Carter Kieboom: finally the year?
« Reply #300: January 25, 2024, 02:37:07 PM »
Garcia will be given every chance to be the everyday 2B. Remember he was pretty good when he returned last September.

Robles was also very good until he got hurt. The best case scenario is he equals his 2023 production and we trade him at the deadline and bring up Crews.

Kieboom is a different case, he has never shown that he can hit at the major league level, and last year, IIRC, he couldn't hit at the minor league level either. ST is his last shot.

Offline machpost

« Reply #301: January 26, 2024, 08:21:31 AM »
Robles was also very good until he got hurt. The best case scenario is he equals his 2023 production and we trade him at the deadline and bring up Crews.
Bonus for whichever team lands Robles: He has talents beyond baseball.

Offline IanRubbish

• Mike Rizzo...putting the "me" in mediocre baseball
« Reply #302: January 26, 2024, 04:20:16 PM »
Kieboom is a different case, he has never shown that he can hit at the major league level, and last year, IIRC, he couldn't hit at the minor league level either. ST is his last shot.

He's a china doll, can't stay healthy.  Can't see him playing everyday even if he does hit in ST.

Offline imref

« Reply #303: February 23, 2024, 04:07:11 PM »
Golden on Kieboom's chances of making the team:
Carter Kieboom is at camp! He’s in the mix at third base, but I think his only path to making the team is if Nick Senzel gets injured and they need him for depth. I think three factors are working against him.

1.Ildemaro Vargas was signed to a one-year deal last September to be the team’s backup infielder. I don’t see a path for playing time for Kieboom.

2. Kieboom is out of minor league options, so he has to play out of this world and make the roster out of camp. If he doesn’t, he’ll be designated for assignment — which removes him from the roster — and he’ll have to clear waivers. That makes his path of getting back even more difficult.

3. He had 62 games last year to make his case. His stats: .207 batting average, .266 on-base percentage and .634 on-base plus slugging. He had four home runs and 11 RBI. 

I can't see any team claiming Kieboom if he's waved.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #304: February 23, 2024, 04:11:17 PM »
Golden on Kieboom's chances of making the team:

There's really only one thing working against him.

Offline imref

« Reply #305: March 13, 2024, 02:18:54 PM »
Kieboom DFA'd, cleared waivers, and has been outrighted to Rochester! (per TalkNats)

Offline imref

« Reply #306: March 13, 2024, 02:25:37 PM »
JCA, time to lock this thread, i'll reopen the Farm one.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #307: March 13, 2024, 02:40:57 PM »
Looks like ST could be the end of the line for Kieboom. There's no place for him to play with Senzel and Gallo, and no need for a CI who can't hit. I assume he gets some chances in ST and if he doesn't produce, it's DFA time (he's out of options).

He,Robles and Garcia can all piss off.
but how do you really feel? No couching it in soft terms. ...

I suspect Garcia has a longer leash than Kieboom and Robles.

I'll say Kieboom doesn't last the spring, Robles is gone by August, and Garcia last the whole year.
Well, perhaps our front office hired Captain Obvious who made this decision. Not worth a roster spot on the 40 man, let alone the active roster. Given his lack of options, no surprise no one claimed him. Easy to outright.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #308: March 13, 2024, 04:03:33 PM »
Good riddance. He can get a job at Walmart as a manager trainee