Author Topic: Carter Kieboom: finally the year?  (Read 146 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Offline Section214

Re: Carter Kieboom: finally the year?
« Reply #1: January 21, 2023, 08:12:27 AM »
As many have said, I expect Kieboom to get every opportunity to win the 3B job to start the season. It would be fantastic for the entire organization if he took the opportunity and ran with it. The skill set for a good player is in there, still only 25. C'mon Carter!

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #2: January 21, 2023, 09:50:28 AM »
Sorry folks but I have been a KieBUSTS detractror for a long time. I just don't see it as he can't hit or field. Those early HR's on his initial call up made him feel like he was the second coming of Anthony Rendon. Give him a shot then DFA him.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #3: January 21, 2023, 10:30:19 AM »
Sorry folks but I have been a KieBUSTS detractror for a long time. I just don't see it as he can't hit or field. Those early HR's on his initial call up made him feel like he was the second coming of Anthony Rendon. Give him a shot then DFA him.
Most likely. Might as well give him a chance as you say.  Maybe Robles will learn to hit.  :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #4: January 21, 2023, 10:57:17 AM »
As many have said, I expect Kieboom to get every opportunity to win the 3B job to start the season. It would be fantastic for the entire organization if he took the opportunity and ran with it. The skill set for a good player is in there, still only 25. C'mon Carter!
I don't see him getting a legit shot for the 1st half of this year with Dom and Meneses at 1st and DH and with Candelario needing to play. Candelario and Dom have to play, and Dom is not playing the OF.  Unless they are contemplating Meneses playing a fair amount in right with Thomas in CF, and Dom sitting vs LHP, I don't see him even sticking on the 26 man out of spring if he has an option.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5: January 21, 2023, 11:07:41 AM »
I don't think they are contemplating heavy platooning, but the Kieboom scenario might be:

vs. LHP

Kieboom 3rd, Candelario 1st, Meneses DH, Thomas RF, Robles CF, Call/Garrett LF.  both Dickerson and Smith on the bench.

vs RHP
Kieboom 3rd, Smith 1st, Candelario DH, Meneses RF, Dickerson LF, Thomas / Call CF.  More realistically, one of Kieboom, Candelario, Meneses, and Thomas probably rests vs. RHP, but I regard both these line ups vs. RHP as improbable.

Much more likely is both Garrett and Kieboom start the year in AAA, with Robles in CF close to full  time and Call as the 4th OF.

Offline welch

• 2019: Won the fight
« Reply #6: January 21, 2023, 11:59:15 AM »
Just as the Nats have collected other teams' former 1st round picks, somebody will collect Kieboom this season. At least Robles can play CF in the 8th and 9th innings. Kieboom can't field and he can't hit.

Sure, Vargas might only be a .230 hitter, but he can field.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #7: January 21, 2023, 02:46:40 PM »
I don't see him getting a legit shot for the 1st half of this year with Dom and Meneses at 1st and DH and with Candelario needing to play. Candelario and Dom have to play, and Dom is not playing the OF.  Unless they are contemplating Meneses playing a fair amount in right with Thomas in CF, and Dom sitting vs LHP, I don't see him even sticking on the 26 man out of spring if he has an option.

Gonna be pretty obvious pretty quickly why no one wanted Dom Smith or Candelario. They can start Kieboom in Triple A, as he hasnt seen competitive pitching in over a year. Get him back into playing shape and make sure his arm is good.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8: January 22, 2023, 10:07:25 AM »
Considering what Anderson got from Milwaukee, I 'd say Candy did ok for himself