Author Topic: I, For One, Welcome Our New CF Overlord (The Robles Thread)  (Read 48046 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Its only because Gallo is still on the team. Play Menses at first, Winker at DH, Rosario in LF and Robles in CF.

Putting a two time gold glover at first base to play Winker in LF is so freaking dumb
how bad must Meneses be at first for them not to be playing Gallo in left and Winker at DH?

Offline aspenbubba

Is DM sending a message to Robles that if he doesn’t up his game he will be on the 4th OF. I agree with Slate about Gallo. Just a bad signing.

Online Natsinpwc

Is DM sending a message to Robles that if he doesn’t up his game he will be on the 4th OF. I agree with Slate about Gallo. Just a bad signing.
I think Davey is sending a message to Rizzo that he doesn’t want Robles on the roster. 

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Vic out again today

Offline aspenbubba

Vic out again today

That’s why I posted today after seeing the lineup

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
I think Davey is sending a message to Rizzo that he doesn’t want Robles on the roster. 
Thats a conversation that should have been had in December.

I genuinely feel that this is Rizzo saving face for signing Gallo.

Offline imref

More than likely Robles is dealing with some kind of injury.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
More than likely Robles is dealing with some kind of injury.
to his self esteem.

Does anyone think Robles could touch Hunter Greene?

Davey just optimizing the talent in the OF.

Offline Slateman

to his self esteem.

Does anyone think Robles could touch Hunter Greene?

Davey just optimizing the talent in the OF.
By putting the worst OF defense on the field?

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
By putting the worst OF defense on the field?

Let Rosario platoon with Robles. Then dump Victor when nobody else wants him.

Offline imref

Guess who’s not in the lineup again today.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Guess who’s not in the lineup again today.
looks like it's at best a

<=============

Offline Slateman

Gets a start against LHP

Online Natsinpwc

Gets a start against LHP
Look like they will play today?

Online Five Banners

Look like they will play today?

Looks like a good window is there, with the rain, potentially not coming till later

Offline welch

Can the Nats flip Robles for anything? Maybe for Dom Smith, and an end to the Joey Gallo Experience? A ight-handed platoon bat who cannot learn where to throw once he catches the ball. and who cannot learn how to run the bases?

Offline Slateman

Can the Nats flip Robles for anything? Maybe for Dom Smith, and an end to the Joey Gallo Experience? A ight-handed platoon bat who cannot learn where to throw once he catches the ball. and who cannot learn how to run the bases?
If they played him and he played well, sure. But they have to play him. And Joey Gallo on the roster kinda freaks that up.

It really doesnt make sense to me. Victor did everything he was asked last offseason. Got hurt. Did well this offseason and ST. And for some reason, he's riding the pine to play Joey Gallo at first base and Eddie Rosario in CF.

Its hilarous that certain (old) fans crap on him, but he has been one of the best defenders in CF since he entered MLB.

Online Natsinpwc

If they played him and he played well, sure. But they have to play him. And Joey Gallo on the roster kinda freaks that up.

It really doesnt make sense to me. Victor did everything he was asked last offseason. Got hurt. Did well this offseason and ST. And for some reason, he's riding the pine to play Joey Gallo at first base and Eddie Rosario in CF.

Its hilarous that certain (old) fans crap on him, but he has been one of the best defenders in CF since he entered MLB.
Seems like a good late inning defensive replacement! 

I think he needs a change of scenery.  It’s pretty clear he and Davey don’t mesh.

Offline Slateman

Seems like a good late inning defensive replacement! 

I think he needs a change of scenery.  It’s pretty clear he and Davey don’t mesh.
Then why tender him a contract? If you weren't going to play him, why keep him?

Nats are paying 7 million dollars for the two best outfield defenders to not play in the outfield.

Online Natsinpwc

Then why tender him a contract? If you weren't going to play him, why keep him?

Nats are paying 7 million dollars for the two best outfield defenders to not play in the outfield.
I think he has done something to dig his way back into Davey’s doghouse again.  GMs assemble the roster and managers decide who will play.  That’s the way it is.   I mean Vic is a career 82 OPS+.  The Phillies can afford to go with Rojas in CF because they have a lineup that can score runs.  A defensive no hit CF is really something the Nats don’t need.  I don’t know why they signed him again. I would have moved on.  He might develop a bit somewhere else. 

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Because he plays the game like 2018 Royce did...lazy as freak...

Offline Slateman

Because he plays the game like 2018 Royce did...lazy as freak...

Lmao, youre the only one who think Bryce Harper is lazy

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Lmao, youre the only one who think Bryce Harper is lazy

His 2018 was easily the laziest performance in MLB history...

Offline welch

Robles has never been a great fielder. He throws to the wrong base. He doesn't learn. He is a lousy base-runner, demonstrated yet again a few hours ago. He doesn't learn. He is a miserable hitter.

Robles appears to be mentally lazy. Fangraphs wrote, "He lacks big raw power, but Robles has every other tool and they all play up because he has terrific feel and instincts. He should be a great defensive center fielder and baserunner who makes lots of quality gap-to-gap contact." No. He has played for years as if he has no feel and bad instincts.

Offline Slateman

Robles has never been a great fielder. He throws to the wrong base. He doesn't learn. He is a lousy base-runner, demonstrated yet again a few hours ago. He doesn't learn. He is a miserable hitter.

Robles appears to be mentally lazy. Fangraphs wrote, "He lacks big raw power, but Robles has every other tool and they all play up because he has terrific feel and instincts. He should be a great defensive center fielder and baserunner who makes lots of quality gap-to-gap contact." No. He has played for years as if he has no feel and bad instincts.

He's never been a great defender ...  yet has repeated nominations for gold glove and advanced metrics that say he's a good defender (advanced metrics that also account for baserunners advancing on throws, FYI)

But sure, not a good fielder.