Author Topic: What to trade?  (Read 49216 times)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: What to trade for?
« Reply #550: July 11, 2018, 04:47:49 PM »
Fangraph’s totall legitimate and not full of crap playoff odds still have us winning the division, so there’s that
Oh okay.

Online Slateman

Offline Monarch

Re: Re: Re: What to trade for?
« Reply #552: July 12, 2018, 03:55:41 PM »
Jon Morosi of MLB Network reports that the Astros and Rays have been "in contact" about a possible Wilson Ramos trade.

Brian McCann underwent surgery on his right knee earlier this month and is expected to be out until sometime in September, so the defending World Series champions are looking to bring in an established catcher for the stretch run. Ramos, 30, has batted .291/.340/.479 with 14 home runs and 51 RBI in 75 games this season and was named an American League All-Star on Sunday. He's scheduled to become a free agent in November.
Source: Jon Morosi on TwitterJul 12 - 2:38 PM

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

« Reply #553: July 13, 2018, 11:31:37 AM »
What about the division? Frangraphs has us in the lead, which is even funnier when you consider that the Mariners (facing a similar deficit) only have a 2% chance.

Wells they are chasing the Astros and we are chasing the Braves.  So there's that.

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

« Reply #554: July 13, 2018, 11:58:05 AM »
The 1st half has been disappointing, but I expect us to catch the Braves/Phillies.  Those are young teams that I see some regression coming for this year.  Even if they don't, I expect us to win a lot more in the 2nd half barring more significant injuries.  Murphy is just now rounding into form, and we know what kind of damage he can do as a hitter.  Harper is not going to continue in his funk forever.  Strasburg is on his way back, which means an Ace replacing AAA fill-ins in the rotation.  I imagine Roark once again works out of a funk and becomes solid again as he's done in the past. 

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #555: July 13, 2018, 12:12:16 PM »
The 1st half has been disappointing, but I expect us to catch the Braves/Phillies.  Those are young teams that I see some regression coming for this year.  Even if they don't, I expect us to win a lot more in the 2nd half barring more significant injuries.  Murphy is just now rounding into form, and we know what kind of damage he can do as a hitter.  Harper is not going to continue in his funk forever.  Strasburg is on his way back, which means an Ace replacing AAA fill-ins in the rotation.  I imagine Roark once again works out of a funk and becomes solid again as he's done in the past.

Don't forget we get Zimm back soon, too...

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #556: July 13, 2018, 01:01:52 PM »
Don't forget we get Zimm back soon, too...
In a world where Zimmerman was hitting half as well as last year, the Nats could shop Mark Reynolds hard.

But we don't live in that world.

Online Slateman

« Reply #557: July 13, 2018, 01:07:34 PM »
In a world where Zimmerman was hitting half as well as last year, the Nats could shop Mark Reynolds hard.

But we don't live in that world.
Not sure why we can't now. Even if Zim doesn't hit well, his salary will command that he start. By the time he admits he's still hurt, the season will be done.

Online Slateman

« Reply #558: July 13, 2018, 01:11:15 PM »
https://fancredsports.com/articles/inside-baseball-mlb-notes-mike-trouts-mickey-man

So another tidbit from this article.

— Sources: The Nationals also declined to part with Víctor Robles for Gerrit Cole …

I can't say that I disagree with Rizzo's decision at the time, but man, in hindsight, that is pretty devastating.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #559: July 13, 2018, 01:11:47 PM »
I know the Nats look like crap but I can't believe so many of you are pretty much giving up on them getting it together and winning the division (or rivals coming back down to earth). :shrug:

how about we start a poll during the break to see if posters think the Nats can win division, wild card, etc.?

Offline Monarch

« Reply #560: July 13, 2018, 02:25:07 PM »
I know the Nats look like crap but I can't believe so many of you are pretty much giving up on them getting it together and winning the division (or rivals coming back down to earth). :shrug:

Because the the other NLE teams aren't coming back down to earth. At least not both of them. The fact is, the teams we feasted on the past 2 years don't suck anymore.

Online Slateman

« Reply #561: July 13, 2018, 05:13:53 PM »
Phillies pushing hard on Machado.

Rizzo needs to go big or start getting ready for next season.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #562: July 13, 2018, 05:37:08 PM »
Phillies pushing hard on Machado.

Rizzo needs to go big or start getting ready for next season.
Imagine plugging him at SS in that lineup.  Yikes. 

Offline Greg_SRT

• Fun while it lasted
« Reply #563: July 13, 2018, 05:50:59 PM »
Yikes is that bullpen over 162.

Online Slateman

« Reply #564: July 13, 2018, 07:31:57 PM »
If Rizzo doesnt find a replacement for Roark, hes basically telling the the team this season doesnt matter

Offline ZimW1N

• ResignSoto2025
« Reply #565: July 13, 2018, 07:33:10 PM »
If we don't add another starter by the Braves series after the ASB than Rizzo has done a major disservice to the fans. We need to move on from Tanner. I think he still might have a small amount of trade value as a rehab project so maybe we can move him and a decent prospect for Eovaldi

Offline rileyn

« Reply #566: July 13, 2018, 08:12:57 PM »
If we don't add another starter by the Braves series after the ASB than Rizzo has done a major disservice to the fans. We need to move on from Tanner. I think he still might have a small amount of trade value as a rehab project so maybe we can move him and a decent prospect for Eovaldi
They will tell you that getting Strasburg back is like adding a SP.  Same with Zimm. 

Offline ZimW1N

• ResignSoto2025
« Reply #567: July 13, 2018, 08:26:23 PM »
They will tell you that getting Strasburg back is like adding a SP.  Same with Zimm. 

Getting Strasburg back is like getting a pitcher but we still need the number 3 starter we've needed all season

Online Slateman

Offline RichMinSC

« Reply #569: July 14, 2018, 07:31:49 PM »
If Rizzo doesnt find a replacement for Roark, hes basically telling the the team this season doesnt matter

Since january I have said Rizzo needs to make a splash for an SP  to slot in at #3   I wanted Arrietta instead we got Gio as 3 Roark as 4 and Cole hellickson Rodriguez Fedde and now Voth   to make the [layoffs this team has to win 40 of 66 games left   NOT happenning     The Nats nee dto be sellers  at the deadline rizzo screwed the pooch this year

Offline nats4ever

« Reply #570: July 14, 2018, 07:47:10 PM »
Since january I have said Rizzo needs to make a splash for an SP  to slot in at #3   I wanted Arrietta instead we got Gio as 3 Roark as 4 and Cole hellickson Rodriguez Fedde and now Voth   to make the [layoffs this team has to win 40 of 66 games left   NOT happenning     The Nats nee dto be sellers  at the deadline rizzo screwed the pooch this year
Season isn't done yet is it.

Online Slateman

« Reply #571: July 14, 2018, 08:16:04 PM »
Technically no, but the Nats are going to be able to catch the Phillies/Braves. Particularly since those teams are going to be adding talent at the deadline

Offline RichMinSC

« Reply #572: July 14, 2018, 09:07:42 PM »

yeah right........................this one was done in March when Dizzo refused to get a starting pitcher

« Reply #573: July 14, 2018, 10:03:10 PM »

Rizzo might be wondering if it's worth it to give up good prospects for a pitcher who probably won't get enough run support to consistently win, especially in a season that's circling the drain at this point.

Offline nats4ever

« Reply #574: July 14, 2018, 10:48:07 PM »
yeah right........................this one was done in March when Dizzo refused to get a starting pitcher
Then stop watching them.