Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 243721 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #1850: April 02, 2023, 01:10:17 PM »
Kosher stand reopens under a nee vendor. They have falafel sliders, unlike the falafel pita Max's had. Tbh, could use less of a slider bun and pickles, more harissa too. Ok. Also have kosher dogs and knishes. The latter I might try sometime. Potato. If it is as good as opacy, then that may be a go to.

the square fried knishes like you find at Nathans in NY or the round ones?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1851: April 02, 2023, 01:17:02 PM »
the square fried knishes like you find at Nathans in NY or the round ones?
will have to check

Offline wj73

« Reply #1852: April 03, 2023, 05:23:42 PM »
How strict are they about the size of permitted clutch bags? We’re going to this Wednesday’s game. I have a Nats clutch purse that’s 6” x 8”. Allowed size according to the website is no more than 5” x 7”. Do they actually measure, or do they just eyeball it?

Offline imref

« Reply #1853: April 03, 2023, 05:34:10 PM »
How strict are they about the size of permitted clutch bags? We’re going to this Wednesday’s game. I have a Nats clutch purse that’s 6” x 8”. Allowed size according to the website is no more than 5” x 7”. Do they actually measure, or do they just eyeball it?

eyeball it in our experience. Much different from Capital One Arena where they have a template that they use to measure purses.  Worst case scenario if you can't bring it in is to use one of the lockers at the park.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1854: April 04, 2023, 08:58:42 AM »
diamond Club I take it?  Figures they do this the year my doctor tells me to cut my liquor intake down to "an occasional glass of wine."

Yes. Diamond Club. It’s also apparently already been discontinued due to drunkenness.

Offline wj73

« Reply #1855: April 04, 2023, 12:16:43 PM »
eyeball it in our experience. Much different from Capital One Arena where they have a template that they use to measure purses.  Worst case scenario if you can't bring it in is to use one of the lockers at the park.

Thanks. Of course, with only about 347 or so of us in attendance Wednesday, Security could give everyone a lot more scrutiny. On the upside, I’m guessing lines will be non-existent.

Offline machpost

« Reply #1856: April 04, 2023, 03:01:08 PM »
The other downside to lightly attended games that I was reminded of last night, is that half or more of the concessions stands upstairs are closed down.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1857: April 04, 2023, 03:40:04 PM »
The other downside to lightly attended games that I was reminded of last night, is that half or more of the concessions stands upstairs are closed down.
what's worse is that WNFF shuts down half the keys when the number of posts in a GDT are < 25.

Offline imref

« Reply #1858: April 04, 2023, 04:03:44 PM »
do we have an over/under on when they start closing off sections of the stadium ala Baltimore?

Obviously what this stadium needs is a beer snake.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1859: April 04, 2023, 04:05:15 PM »
do we have an over/under on when they start closing off sections of the stadium ala Baltimore?

Obviously what this stadium needs is a beer snake.

The beer snake is coming on 4/16, the Defenders play at noon and the Nats play at 1:35.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #1860: April 04, 2023, 05:47:57 PM »
I think I'll just sneak in a keg tonight

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #1861: April 04, 2023, 08:09:32 PM »
 :D
what's worse is that WNFF shuts down half the keys when the number of posts in a GDT are < 25.

Offline NatMan

« Reply #1862: May 14, 2023, 09:12:25 AM »
any chance nats allow people with tickets for the previously scheduled 1:30 start on Mother's Day who can't now attend the later start get to exchange them for a future game.   Kinda of last minute by the nats and now conflicts with late afternoon Mother's Day plans.   :(

Offline imref

« Reply #1863: May 14, 2023, 11:11:27 AM »
folks on the twitterverse are saying it's impossible to get through to the box officer right now. It's awful that they pushed back the 1:30 start, i'm sure a lot of plans were disrupted.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #1864: May 14, 2023, 11:13:27 AM »
And all they'd have to do is make an announcement.

So they don't intend on helping anyone out.

folks on the twitterverse are saying it's impossible to get through to the box officer right now. It's awful that they pushed back the 1:30 start, i'm sure a lot of plans were disrupted.

Offline blue911

« Reply #1865: May 14, 2023, 01:46:44 PM »

When you never had a Mother it’s hard to grasp the concept of minimal consideration

Offline imref

« Reply #1866: May 18, 2023, 03:13:19 PM »
The Nats are offering vouchers to those who had tickets for the 5/13 Mets game.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #1867: May 18, 2023, 03:54:01 PM »
Good to hear.

Offline OfftheBat

« Reply #1868: July 30, 2023, 09:29:42 AM »
Hi guys, I will driving down from Montreal in a few weeks to Nationals Park. Can you recommend any hotel and/or area where I could stay where it'd be safe and "trendy"? (an area that has good restaurants and bars, mostly, and not too far from Nationals Park)

TIA!!

Offline machpost

« Reply #1869: July 31, 2023, 09:04:15 AM »
Hi guys, I will driving down from Montreal in a few weeks to Nationals Park. Can you recommend any hotel and/or area where I could stay where it'd be safe and "trendy"? (an area that has good restaurants and bars, mostly, and not too far from Nationals Park)

TIA!!

Within just a few blocks of the ballpark, I've had family stay at the Thompson Hotel (Hyatt) and the AC Hotel by Marriott, and both were very nice. There are lots of great restaurants and bars around the neighborhood, too. Albi, one of DC's few Michelin-starred restaurants and my favorite restaurant in all of DC right now, is about a block away from the Thompson. Multi-course Middle Eastern food. So good. La Famosa has great Puerto Rican food, Bammy's has fantastic Caribbean food, the Salt Line is great for seafood, and All Purpose is good for pizza. The latter two are just south of Nationals Park and are on the water. This is just a small sampling of restaurants in the neighborhood, and there are lots of other areas to stay in as well. The Wharf (which is about a mile west of Nats Park) and Union Market are two other very trendy neighborhoods that would probably be fun, too.

Offline imref

« Reply #1870: July 31, 2023, 10:10:25 AM »
if you are a Hilton person, there is a Hampton Inn directly across from the stadium and an embassy suites about a block north of the stadium. The whole area around the park is relatively safe and very trendy/hip/young with tons of 20-30 somethings living in the area now. Salt Line, on the river behind the stadium is partially owned by Ryan Zimmerman and is popular. The Bullpen bar has been around almost since the park opened and is very popular with locals.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #1871: July 31, 2023, 10:21:55 AM »
Just don’t wander too far south of the stadium area. Or west. Or east.  Or north. 

On a serious note take precautions you would in any urban area.

Have a great trip to DC.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #1872: July 31, 2023, 10:23:24 AM »
One of these years I am going to make a winter trip to watch the Candiens. And maybe the Maple Leafs. I will hit you up for some suggestions if that happens. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1873: July 31, 2023, 06:05:51 PM »
Tried a potato knish at the kosher stand. Nice.  Good potato and onion blend inside. Pastry is nothing special, but overall, as good as OPACY's kosher stand used to be. Cheapish eat ($5), filling, not fried.

Offline imref

« Reply #1874: July 31, 2023, 06:39:44 PM »
Tried a potato knish at the kosher stand. Nice.  Good potato and onion blend inside. Pastry is nothing special, but overall, as good as OPACY's kosher stand used to be. Cheapish eat ($5), filling, not fried.
good to know.