Author Topic: The "Former Nat Watch" Thread (2011)  (Read 44789 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: The "Former Nat Watch" Thread (2011)
« Reply #200: April 23, 2011, 01:07:08 PM »
I heard FLop is talking to Sears about a commercial for its Craftsmen's line.  The tag line is "when you want a tool not named Felipe."

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #201: April 23, 2011, 02:40:12 PM »
I heard FLop is talking to Sears about a commercial for its Craftsmen's line.  The tag line is "when you want a tool not named Felipe."

:clap:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #202: April 23, 2011, 06:26:55 PM »
Better would have been "a more useful tool than Felipe."  But I don't always come up with the best line my first try. Ask any woman I've talked to in a bar recently.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #203: April 23, 2011, 06:37:23 PM »
Better would have been "a more useful tool than Felipe."  But I don't always come up with the best line my first try. Ask any woman I've talked to in a bar recently.

:lmao:  You need a time machine to get your game right.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #204: April 24, 2011, 06:27:51 PM »
Not too many former Nats doing that well around the league.  Dunn and Hammer are both struggling.  Adam Kennedy might be the best of the bunch (minus the DUI, of course) - around a .900 OPS. 

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #205: April 25, 2011, 07:49:53 AM »
Willingham now batting .240 with 13 rbi.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #206: April 29, 2011, 04:29:42 PM »
Willie Harris said some nice things talking to Debbie Taylor around the top of the 7th in last night's game. Nice guy. :D

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #207: May 01, 2011, 04:56:17 PM »
Adam Dunn with a pinch hit homer today!!!

Offline PC

« Reply #208: May 03, 2011, 03:38:09 PM »
Rays Designate Felipe Lopez For Assignment
By Tim Dierkes [May 3 at 2:15pm CST]

The Rays designated infielder Felipe Lopez for assignment to make room on the active roster for Evan Longoria, tweets the Tampa Tribune.

The Rays had signed Lopez to a minor league deal in February, and his contract was purchased on April 3rd when Longoria hit the DL.  Lopez hit .222/.263/.347 in 76 plate appearances and further frustrated the Rays by not running out multiple grounders.  The 30-year-old has been used all over the infield in his 11 big league seasons.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #209: May 03, 2011, 03:40:39 PM »
and before anyone says anything ... NO WE DO NOT WANT FLOP BACK!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #210: May 03, 2011, 05:18:46 PM »
but his wife is smoking

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #211: May 03, 2011, 06:00:57 PM »
+1

Offline soxfan59

• Gough, Gough White Sox!!!
    • John R. Russell, Ltd.
« Reply #212: May 04, 2011, 06:05:02 PM »
Adam Dunn is now hitting a robust .153.  The humiliation that is the Chicago White Sox continues unabated.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #213: May 04, 2011, 06:07:52 PM »
Adam Dunn is now hitting a robust .153.  The humiliation that is the Chicago White Sox continues unabated.
He wouldn't fit in around here because he would be hitting for TOO LOW an average :shock:

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #214: May 04, 2011, 06:14:31 PM »
Mets call up Mike O'Connor from AAA.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #215: May 04, 2011, 08:40:16 PM »
He wouldn't fit in around here because he would be hitting for TOO LOW an average :shock:

I don't know about that, he certainly is way outperforming Stairs or Bixler.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #216: May 04, 2011, 08:55:04 PM »
Mets call up Mike O'Connor from AAA.

Reliever?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #217: May 06, 2011, 01:30:27 PM »
Nyjer out with a broken finger.

The Usual Suspects
by Corey Dawkins and Marc Normandin, Baseball Prospectus

Nyjer Morgan, MIL (Left middle finger fracture)
We don't think the Brewers meant for this level of sacrifice when Morgan strode to the plate in the eighth inning of Thursday's game. Morgan was able to get a bunt down, but he broke the middle finger on his left hand in doing so, and he will miss the next two to four weeks.

Fans have to be getting a little frustrated. Morgan already missed a large part of April with a deep thigh bruise and was active for only two days before breaking his finger Wednesday night. Morgan's injury means that once again Carlos Gomez and his replacement-level bat will see the majority of time in center. See why you shouldn't bunt, Nyjer? Not only do you throw away outs, but you put Gomez in a position to waste even more.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #218: May 06, 2011, 01:32:25 PM »
Nyjer out with a broken finger.

The Usual Suspects
by Corey Dawkins and Marc Normandin, Baseball Prospectus

CarGo's replacement level bat > Morgan's bat

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #219: May 06, 2011, 07:26:28 PM »
My best friend just got a job in Dallas. She hates the Rangers, so I told her to go see the Fort Worth Cats. I googled the Cats to send her their website, and discovered that the top news story right now is that they just signed... Mike Bacsik.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #220: May 06, 2011, 10:19:43 PM »
My best friend just got a job in Dallas. She hates the Rangers, so I told her to go see the Fort Worth Cats. I googled the Cats to send her their website, and discovered that the top news story right now is that they just signed... Mike Bacsik.

Haha because he got fired from the radio

Offline Coladar

« Reply #221: May 07, 2011, 02:42:19 AM »
Man, Adam Dunn was 0-2 tonight with two walks... Batting .149 now!?! I've always been a proponent of Dunn, thought he was great while he was here and wanted us to resign him as much as anyone. But wowser. This is beyond bad. I mean, batting .149 in May? Jeez. I think we won out with the extra compensatory draft pick via Type A status. And not paying him to bat .149. Werth is hardly any better, but he sure ain't batting .149 either. At this point, you cannot blame it on the appendicitis surgery.

I wonder how much of this might be due to being a DH, which Dunn always said he never wanted to be. He warned that he'd get bored playing DH, sitting on the bench 95% of the time. And that's why he sucked in the outfield, he'd get bored and lose focus. That playing first base kept him focused and in the game. I've got a feeling that might be part of the problem, because he admitted he loses focus and can't stay in the game unless he's got something to keep his attention. A player isn't going to admit that kind of a weakness unless it's a serious problem... And batting .149? That's a damn serious problem. I hope he figures it out soon, because he's an awesome guy and doesn't deserve that kind of embarrassment. But for the meantime, it sure looks like we made out like crazy not paying him to put up a .149 BA. Jeez, that's just awful.

Offline soxfan59

• Gough, Gough White Sox!!!
    • John R. Russell, Ltd.
« Reply #222: May 07, 2011, 10:22:13 AM »
Man, Adam Dunn was 0-2 tonight with two walks... Batting .149 now!?! I've always been a proponent of Dunn, thought he was great while he was here and wanted us to resign him as much as anyone. But wowser. This is beyond bad. I mean, batting .149 in May? Jeez. I think we won out with the extra compensatory draft pick via Type A status. And not paying him to bat .149. Werth is hardly any better, but he sure ain't batting .149 either. At this point, you cannot blame it on the appendicitis surgery.

I wonder how much of this might be due to being a DH, which Dunn always said he never wanted to be. He warned that he'd get bored playing DH, sitting on the bench 95% of the time. And that's why he sucked in the outfield, he'd get bored and lose focus. That playing first base kept him focused and in the game. I've got a feeling that might be part of the problem, because he admitted he loses focus and can't stay in the game unless he's got something to keep his attention. A player isn't going to admit that kind of a weakness unless it's a serious problem... And batting .149? That's a damn serious problem. I hope he figures it out soon, because he's an awesome guy and doesn't deserve that kind of embarrassment. But for the meantime, it sure looks like we made out like crazy not paying him to put up a .149 BA. Jeez, that's just awful.

I don't think its just Dunn.  The White Sox are the worst team in the majors now.  Everyone is pressing.  Sure, Dunn is in a slump, but he won't see decent pitches to hit when the whole lineup blows, and then, of course, he's pressing along with everyone else.  This was a team that, on paper, should be tearing up the AL Central.  It is embarrassing when you were expecting to contend for the title, and your season is over before June 1.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #223: May 07, 2011, 11:43:44 AM »
CWS have me baffled, too. One of my best friends is a White Sox fan, and during spring training we kept congratulating each other on how good the Sox were going to be, how they had a potent rotation and young stars in Alexei, Beckham, and Quentin, how Dunn and Konerko were going to absolutely mash the ball, how Matt Thornton was a beast. What's happened to the team is totally unthinkable. I just don't know how a team built for the playoffs can fall so easily down into the cellar and on its face.

Offline mikehughes

« Reply #224: May 07, 2011, 02:12:41 PM »
He will be back in the majors in no time