Author Topic: The Garage  (Read 94549 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: The Garage
« Reply #500: December 24, 2010, 04:31:46 PM »
Honda has gone the way of Toyota IMO - totally complacent and uninspired with their sedans. Ford, Mazda, Chevy, they are really trying.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #501: December 24, 2010, 09:12:34 PM »
Don't think this is really boring

http://automobiles.honda.com/mobile/2012-civic/

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #502: December 24, 2010, 10:18:16 PM »
That's a concept car :nono: I'll believe it when I see the production model :lol:

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #503: December 24, 2010, 10:45:36 PM »
Pretty ho-hum looking if you ask me, at least based on this spy video.

http://www.burlappcars.com/2010/12/2012-honda-civic-video.html

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #504: December 24, 2010, 10:51:40 PM »
While I love Consumer Reports when it comes to most things especially appliances, I put less weight in their reviews of cars. I'm not suggesting they don't do proper research, I just tend to put more credence in car oriented magazine reviews such as Car & Driver etc... I still check out CR car issue though, just use it as a second opinion if you will, where perhaps I think the other magazine might be showing some bias or there are conflicting reviews between other publications.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #505: December 24, 2010, 11:02:37 PM »
Well Consumers is supposed to be testing that is UNBIASED.  They don't have ads on their website or in their magazine to remain as objective as possible.  I subscribe online.  In fact, I was watching CNBC doing a story on the changes at Ford.  The first thing they did was go to Consumer Reports Headquarters to get input as to what was wrong and how to improve their cars.  Couldn't be a BAD thing because now many Ford's are in the top 5 in quality and recommended vehicles!

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #506: December 24, 2010, 11:07:48 PM »
The unbiased aspect is why I do check out CR and I also was a subscriber to the online and print editions. I just prefer to get my auto info from sources that specialize in autos. I'm not knocking CR mind you, I haven't bought an electrical item, mower or anything like that without first checking their reviews.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #507: December 24, 2010, 11:22:34 PM »
The thing with the Mazda 5 is that it got a 95/100 from Consumer Reports. Any car rated that high, even not in a specialty magazine, was worth checking out. Go with Edmunds.com, though. The dealers use it, even.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #508: December 24, 2010, 11:42:48 PM »
Don't like Mazda.  Had bad experience with a used Mazda I bought.  The company wouldn't do anything about my issues.  Of course you should check more than 1 source!

Anyone going to the Auto Show at the end of January?

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #509: December 25, 2010, 11:45:24 AM »
The thing with the Mazda 5 is that it got a 95/100 from Consumer Reports. Any car rated that high, even not in a specialty magazine, was worth checking out. Go with Edmunds.com, though. The dealers use it, even.

I like Edmunds as well. I've never driven a Mazda but a co-worker has a Mazda6 that we car pooled in occasionally. It was a nice car, but at 6'2 300+, my Charger R/T fits me much better. Plus the Flowmasters that are soon to be added will make me smile even more at WOT. Had the resonators taken off already and added 4" stainless tips.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #510: December 25, 2010, 12:23:56 PM »
Mazdas are not for the tall. that is 100% true. Also, Cal, they have only been really quality cars the past couple of years. Same with Ford. It's actually the cooperative agreement between the two that made the difference.

Hell, that Fiat is no "Fix It Again, Tony."

Offline Nathan

« Reply #511: December 25, 2010, 02:41:42 PM »
I'm 6'1 and I fit in my Mazda 3 just fine.  Better than I fit in my dad's CR-V even.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #512: December 25, 2010, 07:32:14 PM »
Yeah I know Mazda's are highly recommended.   I just didn't like the way I was treated by the company.   So I'm sworn off Mazda's. 

I know Ford shed many of the companies they had agreements with.  Not sure which ones.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #513: December 25, 2010, 07:36:40 PM »
Yeah I know Mazda's are highly recommended.   I just didn't like the way I was treated by the company.   So I'm sworn off Mazda's. 

I know Ford shed many of the companies they had agreements with.  Not sure which ones.

That's how I am with HP, they are the :devil:

Ford sold off their share of Mazda, but they still develop cars together.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #514: December 25, 2010, 08:50:55 PM »
I believe the still own a stake in Mazda, but it's no longer a controlling stake like they used to have.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #515: December 25, 2010, 09:00:42 PM »
My problem with the mazda 3, is if you advertise as the driver's compact and your motto is zoom zoom, it should be a rear wheel drive car

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #516: December 26, 2010, 04:20:52 PM »
I while back (I think it was in 92 or so) I bought a 89 Mazda 323 from a Mazda dealership in PG County.  It was horrible from the get go!  1st the bearings went out on the wheel the second week I had it.  They eventually covered that repair but anything after the 1st month I was S out of luck.  Then I started to have continual oil leak problems.  Repairs to that ended up costing me about $400 to fix!  I sent a letter to the dealership that I had bought a Mazda based on its high reputation of being a reliable car.  I sent the letter return receipt requested.  It never got picked up.  I called, and nobody answered my phone calls. I wrote a complaint to the district, they did nothing for me.  I wrote to the Regional Director, and they agreed with the district which was essentially doing nothing.

Then the dealership changed owners.  I got a call from a Customer rep (I must have still been in their database) asking me about how happy I was with my purchase?  Yeah, well he got an earful from me emphatically stating how displeased I was with MAZDA's service and customer relations.  I asked as being under new ownership, is there anything he could do?  He said he would get back to me.  Well Surprise surprise, he never did.  Even after I tried to call him back.

Because of the way I was treated, I've vowed never to buy a MAZDA again.  I DON'T CARE HOW GOOD A CAR IT IS!  If I can help it, NEVER AGAIN!!!

Offline Nathan

« Reply #517: January 03, 2011, 08:23:45 PM »
US is getting the Focus ST it looks like!

Awful color, but still, I have a new car goal!

Offline blue911

« Reply #518: January 04, 2011, 07:52:07 AM »
Ford still thinks that cars should be the color of baby poop?

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #519: January 05, 2011, 06:31:57 PM »
I guess that explains the chartreuse green too.

The new Focus looks cool.  But it's not supposed to be out until March.  The expensive repair may need to be done by then.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #520: January 05, 2011, 06:35:17 PM »
We're looking for a second/commuter car. The commute is short (~7 miles up the GW to old town), so I'm looking for opinions on small cars (think used Yaris)

Offline Nathan

« Reply #521: January 05, 2011, 06:37:18 PM »
Yaris?  Ewww.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #522: January 05, 2011, 07:16:10 PM »
We're looking for a second/commuter car. The commute is short (~7 miles up the GW to old town), so I'm looking for opinions on small cars (think used Yaris)

Why? You can get a Mazda 2 for around 12 grand, or a smartcar for less.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #523: January 06, 2011, 12:37:37 AM »

I didn't fit good in a YARIS and I'm short!  Honda Fit has been rated highly!  Hyundai Elantra too.  Don't get a SMART Car, they aren't that safe!

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #524: January 06, 2011, 08:10:32 AM »
I didn't fit good in a YARIS and I'm short!  Honda Fit has been rated highly!  Hyundai Elantra too.  Don't get a SMART Car, they aren't that safe!

Is that a 2011 Elantra? Hyundai has not been able to make a decent very small car AFAIK, even though their other cars (Genesis, Sonata, etc.) are really nice.