Author Topic: Washington [Insert Name Here for an NFL team] Thread (2020)  (Read 16732 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Most of the video staff quoted or sourced in the article has left voluntarily, in fact I overlapped with some of the events and people there in the story. I experienced many things in the same vein as this in my short time there.

I distinctly remember the calendar shoot was a big thing and women on our staff were absolutely not permitted to walk around the gym/locker room/football ops offices unless it was during normal media availability.

How exactly did they justify this policy?

Offline UMDNats

How exactly did they justify this policy?

"Females are distracting."

Female reporters still get harassed by players all the time in the locker room (and outside of it). A team like the 'Skins that is run by a bunch of good ole boys thinks the players will be "distracted" (?!) by a female camera operator getting b-roll or something. Really dumb. That place is as toxic as any.

Online 1995hoo

"Females are distracting."

Female reporters still get harassed by players all the time in the locker room (and outside of it). A team like the 'Skins that is run by a bunch of good ole boys thinks the players will be "distracted" (?!) by a female camera operator getting b-roll or something. Really dumb. That place is as toxic as any.

That sound you just heard was Mike Milbury driving to Redskins Park at high speed to apply for a job.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
That sound you just heard was Mike Milbury driving to Redskins Park at high speed to apply for a job.

:hysterical:

Online 1995hoo

Bunch of reports this morning that the Redskins are cutting Adrian Peterson.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Outside the lines is doing a retrospective of Dan Snyder’s ownership of the team on Monday at 5pm

Online 1995hoo

Outside the lines is doing a retrospective of Dan Snyder’s ownership of the team on Monday at 5pm

I would find it more enjoyable to experience explosive diarrhea rather than watch that show.

Offline HalfSmokes

What he accomplished is pretty impressive- if someone told you when he bought the team that in 20 years, the NFL would be the most popular sport in the country, but the redskins fan base would shrink year over year to the point that it’s reached- would you have believed them?

Offline Natsinpwc

See. It was the racist team name all along.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Huh.  That was a bruising defensive performance. Wentz has got to be feeling that.

I like the numbers on the helmets.  It they make a black polo with that block letter WASHINGTON, I might be in for one.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Snap, crackle, & pop

I would find it more enjoyable to experience explosive diarrhea rather than watch that show.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
I still expect a losing record, but what a win to start the season.

Secondary is weak, but the front 7 is sick. If the offense finds any consistency they may win some games.

Offline Natsinpwc

I still expect a losing record, but what a win to start the season.

Secondary is weak, but the front 7 is sick. If the offense finds any consistency they may win some games.
You may want to control any excitement about the defense.  They played against an offensive line with two rookie starters and a 38 year old at left tackle.  I’m all in on the Eagles tanking and drafting Lawrence. 

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
I really want to see the WFT in the SB

Offline ajcartwright

just wait 'til Rivera gets his DOUBLE R-DOUBLE P offense fully implemented (run, run, pass, punt)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Why does this team not have a name yet?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness

Danny said they hope to have one NEXT year...they don't want to rush things...

Offline HalfSmokes

Giant FU to the people making him change the name

Offline Natsinpwc

They do. Washington Football Team. 

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Second smart thing in a row that Snyder has done (following Rivera). No rush.
Danny said they hope to have one NEXT year...they don't want to rush things...

Offline GataNats

Defense is good enough to win some games, but Haskins will lose us an equal amount of games

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Eagles offensive line is putrid. Aaron Donald is going to run wild next week. He may have 8 sacks by himself.