Author Topic: Washington [Insert Name Here for an NFL team] Thread (2020)  (Read 16579 times)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

That should do it...he can claim standing room only crowds...

Offline HalfSmokes

Still no sign of the new jerseys on the redskins store

Online Five Banners

Still no sign of the new jerseys on the redskins store

You have to account for the turnaround time from Switzerland

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Alex Smith cleared for resume football activities. Incredible.

Offline HalfSmokes

Great for him, haha for the skins recovering his contract from insurance

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
'Washington Football Team'...well since this club has accomplished so little in the past quarter-century, maybe generic is the way to go.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Guice arrested for DV. He has been released by the WFT

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
'Washington Football Team'...well since this club has accomplished so little in the past quarter-century, maybe generic is the way to go.
hey, your a soccer guy. How many teams are [location] FC?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Derrius Guice has been released.

Offline 1995hoo

My brother asked whether he’s imitating OJ. I said we have to wait and see whether he goes in pursuit of the real abuser.

Offline imref

Ignoring slate?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
My brother asked whether he’s imitating OJ. I said we have to wait and see whether he goes in pursuit of the real abuser.

:hysterical:

Offline imref

the team without a name announces no fans in 2020 (not there were many there in 2019).

Offline 1995hoo

the team without a name ....

I'm thinking about calling them the OFKAR, similar to how people used to refer to a certain musician as TAFKAP.

OFKAR: Organization Formerly Known as Redskins.

Offline imref

Just to give the players the feeling of normalcy, the team further announces it will be placing cardboard cutouts of visiting team fans in the stands for NFC East games, and putting cardboard cutouts of empty seats in the empty seats for all other games.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Just to give the players the feeling of normalcy, the team further announces it will be placing cardboard cutouts of visiting team fans in the stands for NFC East games, and putting cardboard cutouts of empty seats in the empty seats for all other games.

They may as well do that for all opponents - practically every home match is a 'takeover' match; even the Houston Texans brought numbers a couple of years ago.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Alex off the PUP...until he's placed on the RONA with everyone else...

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
This sounds totally OK

In “Beauties on the Beach,” the official video chronicling the making of the Washington NFL team’s 2008 cheerleader swimsuit calendar, the women frolic in the sand, rave about their custom bikinis and praise a photographer for putting them at ease in settings where sometimes only a strategically placed prop or tightly framed shot shielded otherwise bare breasts.

What the cheerleaders didn’t know was that another video, intended strictly for private use, would be produced using footage from that same shoot. Set to classic rock, the 10-minute unofficial video featured moments when nipples were inadvertently exposed as the women shifted positions or adjusted props.

The lewd outtakes were what Larry Michael, then the team’s lead broadcaster and a senior vice president, referred to as “the good bits” or “the good parts,” according to Brad Baker, a former member of Michael’s staff. Baker said in an interview that he was present when Michael told staffers to make the video for team owner Daniel Snyder.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/08/26/redskins-cheerleaders-video-daniel-snyder-washington/?p9w22b2p=b2p22p9w00098&tid=a_classic-iphone&no_nav=true

Offline HalfSmokes

Now that they’re cleaning house, the fired underlings will talk- I’d expect more of the same

Offline UMDNats

Most of the video staff quoted or sourced in the article has left voluntarily, in fact I overlapped with some of the events and people there in the story. I experienced many things in the same vein as this in my short time there.

I distinctly remember the calendar shoot was a big thing and women on our staff were absolutely not permitted to walk around the gym/locker room/football ops offices unless it was during normal media availability.