Author Topic: Out of Town Ballparks  (Read 12433 times)

Offline dracnal

Re: Out of Town Ballparks
« Reply #150: September 10, 2020, 09:44:54 PM »
Until I googled his name and saw what he looked like, I was thinking this was that white, Canadian rapper guy..who's name I can't think of...

I'm guessing Justin Bieber?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #151: September 10, 2020, 09:45:40 PM »
I'm guessing Justin Bieber?

There ya go...thanks...

Online imref

• Redemption
« Reply #152: March 10, 2021, 04:35:17 PM »
Texas Rangers announce 100% occupancy allowed for opening day, masks required when not eating/drinking/smoking. They will have socially distanced sections for games after OD.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #153: March 10, 2021, 04:48:39 PM »
Texas Rangers announce 100% occupancy allowed for opening day, masks required when not eating/drinking/smoking.

Go big or go home. :thumbs:

Online GburgNatsFan

« Reply #154: March 10, 2021, 08:36:35 PM »
Texas Rangers announce 100% occupancy allowed for opening day, masks required when not eating/drinking/smoking. They will have socially distanced sections for games after OD.

I'm imagining food lines, restroom lines, beer lines...

It'll be interesting to see who attends.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #155: March 10, 2021, 08:39:35 PM »
I'm imagining food lines, restroom lines, beer lines...

It'll be interesting to see who attends.
Rednecks?

Hopefully mostly those vaccinated. 

Online imref

• Redemption
« Reply #156: March 10, 2021, 09:14:32 PM »
The rangers are an awful team so they will need the ballpark to be the draw.

Online imref

• Redemption
« Reply #158: May 05, 2021, 11:58:20 AM »
NY to end capacity restrictions at Citi and Yankee Stadium for those with proof of vaccination, and they will offer vaccines AT the games, those who get vaccinated get a free ticket to a future game.

Online Count Walewski

« Reply #159: May 11, 2021, 09:52:59 AM »
Anyone going to a minor league game in 2021? My daughter turned 3 recently and we are thinking of taking her to a Frederick Keys or Bowie Baysox game (those are the nearest minor league teams) as a test to see if she has the attention span for a baseball game yet. If it went well we'd follow it up with a Nationals game.

MiLB websites are not super informative so I'd love to know what the MiLB experience is like in this the current year.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #160: May 11, 2021, 11:20:29 AM »
Anyone going to a minor league game in 2021? My daughter turned 3 recently and we are thinking of taking her to a Frederick Keys or Bowie Baysox game (those are the nearest minor league teams) as a test to see if she has the attention span for a baseball game yet. If it went well we'd follow it up with a Nationals game.

MiLB websites are not super informative so I'd love to know what the MiLB experience is like in this the current year.

We'll be at the FredNats game tomorrow night and I'll share my thoughts here...

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #161: May 11, 2021, 11:58:32 AM »

I've been to AA this season, but not Bowie.  Capacity and distancing and things are up to local restrictions, not any league-wide policy as far as I can tell.  In my area, that's 40% cap on attendance, masks when you're not eating or drinking (most people ignored that because it's Tennessee and outdoors).  Otherwise fairly normal.

FYI, the Keys don't exist anymore as a MiLB team.  You can thank Manfred and his buddies for that.

Online imref

• Redemption
« Reply #162: May 11, 2021, 02:37:17 PM »
MLB gives the A’s permission to investigate relocation. Gotta think Portland and Vegas will make offers.

Online Five Banners

« Reply #163: May 11, 2021, 02:40:13 PM »
MLB gives the A’s permission to investigate relocation. Gotta think Portland and Vegas will make offers.

And maybe Nashville and Carolina

Online imref

• Redemption
« Reply #164: May 11, 2021, 02:43:52 PM »
And maybe Nashville and Carolina

From the ESPN piece I saw, it sounds like this is to force Oakland’s hand in supporting a new stadium

Online Count Walewski

« Reply #165: May 11, 2021, 03:09:49 PM »
FYI, the Keys don't exist anymore as a MiLB team.  You can thank Manfred and his buddies for that.

Whoa, it's true. The Frederick Keys are part of the new MLB Draft League and the players there are college students, basically unpaid summer interns for pro ball.

You couldn't tell from the Frederick Keys website: still orange and black and full of pictures of former Keys who went on to play in Baltimore. Website still makes it look like they are an Orioles affiliate and they fooled me.

Coco Crisp and Jedd Gyorko are managing teams in the Draft League this year.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #166: May 13, 2021, 10:24:07 AM »

I put a mini-review of the FredNats Park in THE FARM FredNats MiLB thread...