Author Topic: Out of Town Ballparks  (Read 22063 times)

Offline dracnal

Re: Out of Town Ballparks
« Reply #150: September 10, 2020, 09:44:54 PM »
Until I googled his name and saw what he looked like, I was thinking this was that white, Canadian rapper guy..who's name I can't think of...

I'm guessing Justin Bieber?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #151: September 10, 2020, 09:45:40 PM »
I'm guessing Justin Bieber?

There ya go...thanks...

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #152: March 10, 2021, 04:35:17 PM »
Texas Rangers announce 100% occupancy allowed for opening day, masks required when not eating/drinking/smoking. They will have socially distanced sections for games after OD.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #153: March 10, 2021, 04:48:39 PM »
Texas Rangers announce 100% occupancy allowed for opening day, masks required when not eating/drinking/smoking.

Go big or go home. :thumbs:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #154: March 10, 2021, 08:36:35 PM »
Texas Rangers announce 100% occupancy allowed for opening day, masks required when not eating/drinking/smoking. They will have socially distanced sections for games after OD.

I'm imagining food lines, restroom lines, beer lines...

It'll be interesting to see who attends.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #155: March 10, 2021, 08:39:35 PM »
I'm imagining food lines, restroom lines, beer lines...

It'll be interesting to see who attends.
Rednecks?

Hopefully mostly those vaccinated. 

Online imref

« Reply #156: March 10, 2021, 09:14:32 PM »
The rangers are an awful team so they will need the ballpark to be the draw.

Online imref

Online imref

« Reply #158: May 05, 2021, 11:58:20 AM »
NY to end capacity restrictions at Citi and Yankee Stadium for those with proof of vaccination, and they will offer vaccines AT the games, those who get vaccinated get a free ticket to a future game.

Online Count Walewski

« Reply #159: May 11, 2021, 09:52:59 AM »
Anyone going to a minor league game in 2021? My daughter turned 3 recently and we are thinking of taking her to a Frederick Keys or Bowie Baysox game (those are the nearest minor league teams) as a test to see if she has the attention span for a baseball game yet. If it went well we'd follow it up with a Nationals game.

MiLB websites are not super informative so I'd love to know what the MiLB experience is like in this the current year.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #160: May 11, 2021, 11:20:29 AM »
Anyone going to a minor league game in 2021? My daughter turned 3 recently and we are thinking of taking her to a Frederick Keys or Bowie Baysox game (those are the nearest minor league teams) as a test to see if she has the attention span for a baseball game yet. If it went well we'd follow it up with a Nationals game.

MiLB websites are not super informative so I'd love to know what the MiLB experience is like in this the current year.

We'll be at the FredNats game tomorrow night and I'll share my thoughts here...

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #161: May 11, 2021, 11:58:32 AM »

I've been to AA this season, but not Bowie.  Capacity and distancing and things are up to local restrictions, not any league-wide policy as far as I can tell.  In my area, that's 40% cap on attendance, masks when you're not eating or drinking (most people ignored that because it's Tennessee and outdoors).  Otherwise fairly normal.

FYI, the Keys don't exist anymore as a MiLB team.  You can thank Manfred and his buddies for that.

Online imref

« Reply #162: May 11, 2021, 02:37:17 PM »
MLB gives the A’s permission to investigate relocation. Gotta think Portland and Vegas will make offers.

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #163: May 11, 2021, 02:40:13 PM »
MLB gives the A’s permission to investigate relocation. Gotta think Portland and Vegas will make offers.

And maybe Nashville and Carolina

Online imref

« Reply #164: May 11, 2021, 02:43:52 PM »
And maybe Nashville and Carolina

From the ESPN piece I saw, it sounds like this is to force Oakland’s hand in supporting a new stadium

Online Count Walewski

« Reply #165: May 11, 2021, 03:09:49 PM »
FYI, the Keys don't exist anymore as a MiLB team.  You can thank Manfred and his buddies for that.

Whoa, it's true. The Frederick Keys are part of the new MLB Draft League and the players there are college students, basically unpaid summer interns for pro ball.

You couldn't tell from the Frederick Keys website: still orange and black and full of pictures of former Keys who went on to play in Baltimore. Website still makes it look like they are an Orioles affiliate and they fooled me.

Coco Crisp and Jedd Gyorko are managing teams in the Draft League this year.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #166: May 13, 2021, 10:24:07 AM »

I put a mini-review of the FredNats Park in THE FARM FredNats MiLB thread...

Offline wj73

« Reply #167: May 17, 2021, 08:52:00 AM »
I put a mini-review is of Harrisburg in The Farm section as well. Did not see any child-friendly stuff at Harrisburg, like a play area or even a grassy berm where kids could run around, but I may have missed something like that because I wasn’t looking for it.

Online imref

« Reply #168: May 31, 2021, 10:09:18 PM »
went to the o's game today.  I think it's the first time I've been back at Camden Yards since around 2009 or so.  I really enjoyed the game experience (except for someone losing they lunch a few rows in front of us). The stadium is, as always, beautiful though there was no Boogs BBQ on Eutaw, nor much of anything else. They were operating at 50% capacity with masks required (until tomorrow) though there was no enforcement of the mask policy for those in their seats. We had a great time going over to Fells Point for dinner after the game.

The game was pretty awful, the Orioles can't hit and the Twins weren't much better. The twins won in 10 when the Orioles fell apart.

Online imref

« Reply #169: June 15, 2021, 04:06:39 PM »
Things getting worse and worse in Houston:

https://twitter.com/CopierCollin/status/1404445789246611462

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #170: June 15, 2021, 04:48:47 PM »
Things getting worse and worse in Houston:

https://twitter.com/CopierCollin/status/1404445789246611462
I will admit to using a knife and fork on a Ben's Half Smoke at least once (also eat them by hand multiple times, but I think I prefer knife and fork unless I can wolf it down before the bun falls apart).

Online imref

« Reply #171: June 15, 2021, 05:18:38 PM »
I will admit to using a knife and fork on a Ben's Half Smoke at least once (also eat them by hand multiple times, but I think I prefer knife and fork unless I can wolf it down before the bun falls apart).

what you didn't hear was the trash can banging to warn the hot dog that the fork and knife were coming.

Offline machpost

« Reply #172: June 16, 2021, 08:51:07 AM »
I won't eat a Ben's half smoke unless I have a seat at one of the picnic tables. Attempting to eat one in the stands is a disaster waiting to happen.

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #173: July 07, 2021, 10:06:55 PM »
Anyone been to a Wisconsin Timber Rattlers game?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #174: July 07, 2021, 10:39:55 PM »
Anyone been to a Wisconsin Timber Rattlers game?

Not exactly...though I was at a Fox City / Appleton Foxes game...in 1966.  They were a White Sox affiliate then...

I know...I'm pretty old...

This from their history page:

1960:

After two seasons with the Senators, the Foxes become a Baltimore Orioles affiliate. Earl Weaver led the Foxes to an 82-59 record and the Three I League Championship. Boog Powell (.312, 100 RBI) and Pete Ward (.345, League MVP) power the offense.

2019:

The 2019 Rattlers team made news off the field with a name change that caught the interest of just about everyone. At 10:00am on June 3, the Rattlers announced they would be changing their name to the Wisconsin Udder Tuggers for their Salute to Cows Night later in the month as part of National Dairy Month. The response was overwhelming. Udder Tuggers merchandise was sold out in five hours and the orders kept rolling into the team store.

The Salute to Cows Night was held on June 20 and the Udder Tuggers beat Clinton 5-2 in front of 5,842 fans.

https://www.milb.com/wisconsin/ballpark/appleton-baseball-history

BTW...A-Roid was a Fox / Timber Rattler...