Author Topic: Out of Town Ballparks  (Read 23344 times)

Online Natsinpwc

Re: Out of Town Ballparks
« Reply #225: May 13, 2024, 09:07:37 PM »
Niagara Falls is truly bucket list level stuff...enjoy...

If you're even a mild hockey fan, while in Toronto, a trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame would be well worth your time.  The Stanley Cup (the resident edition) is always on display.  It's rather close to the ballpark.
Can second both of those recommendations.

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #226: May 13, 2024, 11:19:15 PM »
Niagara Falls is truly bucket list level stuff...enjoy...

If you're even a mild hockey fan, while in Toronto, a trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame would be well worth your time.  The Stanley Cup (the resident edition) is always on display.  It's rather close to the ballpark.

I'll try to check it out time permitting. Thanks.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #227: May 16, 2024, 11:41:34 PM »
A tornado hit downtown Houston tonight. Rain came through the roof at Minute Maid. Video:

https://x.com/peytonyager/status/1791265816920399961

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #228: May 17, 2024, 10:32:18 AM »
whoah  :shock:

Offline imref

« Reply #229: May 17, 2024, 10:36:33 AM »
1 million without power in Houston, a major transmission line into the city went down last night.

Offline machpost

« Reply #230: May 17, 2024, 11:37:39 AM »
1 million without power in Houston, a major transmission line into the city went down last night.
As far as I can tell, the game in Houston is still on for tonight. Presumably the ballpark didn't sustain any significant damage.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #231: May 19, 2024, 01:40:29 PM »
Went to Cleveland for the Eclipse!  Unfortunately the parking wouldn’t allow you in till 3.  So I missed home opener ceremonies!  Improvements are being made to the park!  Parking is in local lots!  The one I got in was 1/2 mile walk to the stadium! 

It’s built kind of like Cap One only on a larger scale!   Very high levels with a good shot of the field!  Of course, I was in the nosebleeds! 

What surprised me was I didn’t see any Cleveland vendors celebrating the Eclipse!  No pins or T-shirts.  They had an Opening day pin and sweatshirt!  Did not want to pay 50 for the sweatshirt.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #232: May 25, 2024, 05:30:12 PM »
Went to Cleveland for the Eclipse!  Unfortunately the parking wouldn’t allow you in till 3.  So I missed home opener ceremonies!  Improvements are being made to the park!  Parking is in local lots!  The one I got in was 1/2 mile walk to the stadium! 

It’s built kind of like Cap One only on a larger scale!   Very high levels with a good shot of the field!  Of course, I was in the nosebleeds! 

What surprised me was I didn’t see any Cleveland vendors celebrating the Eclipse!  No pins or T-shirts.  They had an Opening day pin and sweatshirt!  Did not want to pay 50 for the sweatshirt.

Went there a few years ago. Maybe 2018.  Nice park and good views of the city. 

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #233: May 25, 2024, 05:35:09 PM »
Headed to Tampa tomorrow to watch the Rays and Royals. Well actually St Pete. Only supposed to be 90 degrees there. Versus 96 here in Orlando.  Thank goodness for air conditioning.  Checked the standings and was surprised at how well the Royals are doing. Knew they signed some folks in the off-season. Rays are struggling.

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #234: May 25, 2024, 07:51:39 PM »
Headed to Tampa tomorrow to watch the Rays and Royals. Well actually St Pete. Only supposed to be 90 degrees there. Versus 96 here in Orlando.  Thank goodness for air conditioning.  Checked the standings and was surprised at how well the Royals are doing. Knew they signed some folks in the off-season. Rays are struggling.

I read earlier today the Royals are setting some kind of record scoring 8 runs or more in consecutive games. I have no idea who's on their team but somebodies making noise.

Offline wj73

« Reply #235: May 26, 2024, 12:08:33 PM »

We were at Tropicana years ago. Not much of a ballpark, but their garlic fries were pretty good. Not SF good, but almost as good. That was about the most memorable thing about the ballpark.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #236: May 27, 2024, 01:46:56 PM »
Tropicana Field felt claustrophobic to me. Sat behind home plate and you stare at the concrete wall at least the Miami ballpark you look at the Miami skyline.  Royals lost and the many Royals fans there left disappointed. No fries. Wife and I shared an 18 inch long hot dog. $17 I think with tax. We ate lunch before the game at a Korean restaurant in St Pete. Dooriban. It was good. My wife says authentic.

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #237: May 27, 2024, 03:06:04 PM »
Tropicana Field felt claustrophobic to me. Sat behind home plate and you stare at the concrete wall at least the Miami ballpark you look at the Miami skyline.  Royals lost and the many Royals fans there left disappointed. No fries. Wife and I shared an 18 inch long hot dog. $17 I think with tax. We ate lunch before the game at a Korean restaurant in St Pete. Dooriban. It was good. My wife says authentic.

Is the area around the stadium still a little shaky? The few times I've been there, there were some homeless around. I'm asking because I was surprised they're building the new stadium in the same area.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #238: May 27, 2024, 03:09:11 PM »
Is the area around the stadium still a little shaky? The few times I've been there, there were some homeless around. I'm asking because I was surprised they're building the new stadium in the same area.
We parked in a stadium lot.  Didn’t see any homeless on the way there but really did not look like much going on in that area at all. 

Offline imref

« Reply #239: May 27, 2024, 03:16:37 PM »
We parked next to the stadium last year as well (Lot A IIRC?) and it just looked like a normal residential neighborhood.

We were in a suite so it was tough to get a good feel for the stadium, but the lights and sparklers were kind of neat (when they won or hit a HR).

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #240: May 27, 2024, 03:22:52 PM »
the new stadium comes with redevelopment rights for the larger area. Think of Nats Park with development rights to everything from a block north of M down to the river going into the deal.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #241: May 27, 2024, 03:37:48 PM »
We parked next to the stadium last year as well (Lot A IIRC?) and it just looked like a normal residential neighborhood.

We were in a suite so it was tough to get a good feel for the stadium, but the lights and sparklers were kind of neat (when they won or hit a HR).
We were in Lot 6. Didn’t see the end of the game. One quibble was no out of town scoreboard. They would flash scores periodically on one of the small auxiliary boards in LF. Took me a few innings to figure that out.

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #242: May 27, 2024, 04:01:21 PM »
the new stadium comes with redevelopment rights for the larger area. Think of Nats Park with development rights to everything from a block north of M down to the river going into the deal.

That would be great if they could fix that area up like the area around Nats Park. The area around Nats Park I think was worse than the area around Tropicana easily. Now the area around Nats Park is really nice. The location of Tropicana still is not ideal though as far as we came from Orlando and Tampa would of been preferred.

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #243: Yesterday at 09:16:08 PM »
Was in Toronto this week for some Blue Jays/Orioles action. Loved the city. Everyone was very nice and the city was clean. Also like Rogers Centre. Nice place to see a game.