Author Topic: Looking ahead to 2022  (Read 14480 times)

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

Re: Looking ahead to 2022
« Reply #25: August 21, 2021, 12:41:47 PM »
good to see you back. I think the approach will likely be this. Ideally, a shortstop falls to us as a placeholder for House, although it would be a surprise if he's in dc before 2025.  More likely,  a bunch of 1 year deals we hope to hit on.

Thanks.  I definitely expect a bunch of 1-year deals and 2 years at the most.  I wouldn't expect a low ceiling vet like Lester added to the rotation, but rather a "lottery" ticket where you think you can turn a guy around that's been ineffective/injured but has upside.  I think we'll add a corner OF slugger like Schwarber that's cheap due to a bad year this year, but like Schwarber could bounce back.  I think Robles will get more time unless he's struggling into the summer and we're contending.  I expect Kieboom to get his shot at 3B and Garcia 2B, so we need someone to play SS.  Davey loves forner Cubs, so would Baez off a terrible year take a 1-year deal to rebuild value?  That's a nice upside play.  Would Rizzo be another in that boat, and perhaps we play Bell in LF?