Author Topic: Washington Commanders? Really? Thread (2022)  (Read 11427 times)

Online HalfSmokes

Snyder has donated enough to politicians to stay safe

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Snyder has donated enough to politicians to stay safe

The fact that two of them have now launched investigations suggests maybe not as safe as he'd like.

Online HalfSmokes

The fact that two of them have now launched investigations suggests maybe not as safe as he'd like.

the DC AG has no actual power. Snyder has donated millions to republicans and Miyares is nothing if not political.

Online Natsinpwc

the DC AG has no actual power. Snyder has donated millions to republicans and Miyares is nothing if not political.
OT trivia. DC AG Racine was a decent point guard for Penn back in the 1980s.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Commanders trade their first rounder to the Saints for their 1st (16), 3rd ,and 4th

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
I prefer Kenny Pickett at #11 with Heinicke as a bridge more than I like Wentz.

But if they pull Kyle Hamilton at #16...

Online Natsinpwc

I prefer Kenny Pickett at #11 with Heinicke as a bridge more than I like Wentz.

But if they pull Kyle Hamilton at #16...
Pickett has small hands. Wentz has small …. 

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
If you told me the Commanders could get their pick of QBs at #16, I'd have been furious about Wentz trade.

Now they're still available at #20, I'm wondering how bad NFL rates all of them. Even the Saints ignoring them.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
They took a reciever. Because this team needed another wideout for Rivera to ignore

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
I’m :shrug: on Dotson. Seems the highest floor, lowest ceiling of the top WRs.

Sheehan loves him. Finlay thinks he has some Desean Jackson other side of him.

If Curtis Samuel gets healthy (unlikely) then Commanders have a ton of speed. Get some Logan Thomas insurance and I really like our skill position core.

Online HalfSmokes

After last year, they’re due for an 8-9 that will be just enough to save Rivera. Low ceiling high floor first round picks seem like just the thing to get them there

Online Natsinpwc

Is only one QB in the first round a record?

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Definitely a demographic statement move.  AMF!

Online Natsinpwc

Definitely a demographic statement move.  AMF!
No sure what you mean?  Eastern PWC is mostly minority.  Of course those folks will be mostly working at the games and not paying to attend.  95 should be fun on Sunday. 

• babble on
Oh for sure - I have a Kurdish friend who lives there who says that her whole street is Iraqi. 

It seems that NFL teams are trying to locate themselves as far from public transport as possible.     

No sure what you mean?  Eastern PWC is mostly minority.  Of course those folks will be mostly working at the games and not paying to attend.  95 should be fun on Sunday. 

Online Natsinpwc

Oh for sure - I have a Kurdish friend who lives there who says that her whole street is Iraqi. 

It seems that NFL teams are trying to locate themselves as far from public transport as possible.     
I am sure that Danny will build us several Metro stations. 

• babble on
Only if he can destroy sensitive wetlands or displace ancient burial sites.
I am sure that Danny will build us several Metro stations. 

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Team isn't drawing fans where it is.  Solution is apparently to move as far away from a population center as possible. 

If they choose Dumfries, there will be parts of DC that are closer to the Ravens' stadium than the "home" team.  For example, RFK is <35 miles by road to M&T.  Not so to Dumfries.

Online Natsinpwc

Only if he can destroy sensitive wetlands or displace ancient burial sites.
We can always hope.

Online Natsinpwc

Team isn't drawing fans where it is.  Solution is apparently to move as far away from a population center as possible. 

If they choose Dumfries, there will be parts of DC that are closer to the Ravens' stadium than the "home" team.  For example, RFK is <35 miles by road to M&T.  Not so to Dumfries.
I just google mapped that and it is 36 miles. One and a half hour commute currently. Of course the commute the other way is awful also. Let’s face it. The whole DMV is just gridlock. 95 is especially bad on weekends now. They would no doubt alter the express lanes before and after games to adjust but that can only do so much. I can use our place as a Commie weekend home to rent out on weekends. Maybe name each bedroom after famous QBs the team has had the past few years. The Heineken suite. Short beds. The Fitzpatrick room. Not open very often.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
the only place that makes sense is the RFK spot. IMHO