Author Topic: 2021-2022 Offseason Discussion/Signings/Trades/Rumors  (Read 38948 times)

Offline Mattionals

Kieboom just got scratched from the lineup of the Spring Opener. Could be nothing, could be something.

Seth Cummings on Twitter said that most likely Nats are involved in trades. Not sure what value Kieboom has other than a possible change of scenery and still bank on his projection.

I also wonder if this could be the miraculous Hosmer trade we've all been waiting for. With Voit signed, even though he could DH, I wonder if that move was happening with someone like the Nats willing to take on Hosmers money. There was some rumor talk that the Nats were more willing to take on bad contract money than give up prospects. I think if the reevaluation of tax hit comes into play, that would be really nice as well since Hosmers contract was front loaded.

Offline raleighnat

Rizzo has to be up to something generally.  No way he’s satisfied.  I’ve got a feeling we are a dark horse for story.  Keiboom in a deal for pitching and signing Story is my uninformed prediction.   

Correction***

We are going to be awful this year.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Cummings is pretty useless.

Offline blue911

Kieboom just got scratched from the lineup of the Spring Opener. Could be nothing, could be something.

Yeast infection

Offline Mattionals

Cummings is pretty useless.

He actually got the Freeman deal right a few days ago. 6 years from the Dodgers. I wouldn't be surprised if he knows some folks in agencies.

Offline Dave in Fairfax

Correa to the Twins, so you all get to keep your tickets and subscriptions.

Online madj55

Right elbow soreness and getting an MRI. Alcides Escobar and Maikel Franco manning the left side of the infield, really showing some Natitude.

Offline UMDNats

He actually got the Freeman deal right a few days ago. 6 years from the Dodgers. I wouldn't be surprised if he knows some folks in agencies.

dude he is literally just making things up or posting what the rest of the reporters post

Offline imref

Nats add LHP Jace Fry on a minor league deal

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Nats add LHP Jace Fry on a minor league deal
did his son have a shipmate named Bender?

Offline Mattionals

Rumor champion Seth Cummings has said the Nats are trying to move Corbin for anyone who isn't interested in the high price for Sean Manaea.

Also said Nats are interested in taking on salary in something like a Hosmer deal specifically.

Finally, he said Nats didn't move on higher priced long term SS because they intend to bid highly on Trea Turner next year.

Offline imref

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Rumor champion Seth Cummings has said the Nats are trying to move Corbin for anyone who isn't interested in the high price for Sean Manaea.

Also said Nats are interested in taking on salary in something like a Hosmer deal specifically.

Finally, he said Nats didn't move on higher priced long term SS because they intend to bid highly on Trea Turner next year.

Me and him should start a nats podcast

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Hosmer, Meyers, and Robert “Bobby doubles” hassell for Corbin, Bell, and Finnegan

Do it rizzo

Online Natsinpwc

Hosmer, Meyers, and Robert “Bobby doubles” hassell for Corbin, Bell, and Finnegan

Do it rizzo
Good to see you back in the saddle.

Online madj55

I don’t see how this team as currently constructed wins more games than the ‘08/‘09 teams.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Do it rizzo
Thats essentially Bell and Finnegan for Hassell. Dont see the Padres doing that. And actually, I think the Pads are just gonna eat this season and DFA him next. The time to move him was whem Schwarber/Castellanos/Soler were still on the market. They're gone now. How much money do they really need to get Conforto?

Online madj55

He turned down $100M from the Mets last spring, not sure what he’d accept now.

Tommy Pham feels like a Rizzo signing.

Offline Slateman

I think Conforto gets a one year deal.

I wonder if we can make a trade for Meyers and Paddack. Would think it could be had for minor parts. Worst case scenario, Paddack becomes a reliever.

Offline UMDNats

I'm hearing that the Nats think Strasburg is back to his 2019 form, we're on the verge of dealing Corbin in a salary dump and Victor is in the best shape of his life. For more scoops DM for the patreon info.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
The whole trade process seems to have been a wasted opportunity. 2025 will be here before we know it - if we are truly serious about keeping Soto, then we should have been getting a serious rebuild underway, to show intent to be long-term contenders. Instead, we seem to be just poddling along, cobbling together a squad whose main ambition will probably be no more that trying to stay above .500

162 games is one of the things I really like about baseball, but I suspect this season is going to feel like 162 games...

Offline Slateman

We traded like 10 players last year. Not sure how much more serious a rebuild we could have had.

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
We traded like 10 players last year. Not sure how much more serious a rebuild we could have had.

I was thinking as much about who we've brought in, as well as who's out. Just MHO, but are we all feeling inspired by this trade round?