Author Topic: Today's Curly WTF involves Uncle Ray and the police  (Read 9152 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
So the four guys had to have been Johnny, bob, fp, and Kolko.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
So the four guys had to have been Johnny, bob, fp, and Kolko.
I just don't see Bob getting into any kind of altercation at 4am

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
 :hysterical:
You can't read that Post article without buying on line editions but...but....

4 guys go to Ray's place at 4 am....4 guys.....and he gets into it with at least one who is 31 years younger and Ray is charged??????????
The guy who gets the best of it is always the one charged in a fight.....nothing to see here, keep walking and

give that man a contract....managerial......and an ownership interest

Offline hotshot

I spoke to someone who once was a minor member of the Mets organization.

Supposedly though, Ray was a serious hothead and would fight people almost any time.

Phil Wood is pretty much clueless.  Not only does he have zero stage presence, Phil went into this entire Senators story about how in April 1968 everyone in Washington, DC was talking about this new Senators player and everywhere you went that first month of baseball season that's all you'd hear about- this new player.  April 1968 was the DC riots Phil.  Everyone was talking about MLK's assassination, Vietnam and the Riots and no one ever told me they paid attention to the Senators that summer.  That's how out of it Phil is.

Hmmm, sounds like a clone of his Reds teammate Pete Rose -- the "hothead" part.

We did focus on the Senators awhile after the riots in April -- when Big Frank Howard clubbed 10 HRs in just 20 AB.

Scraps

Out the door Ray Knight will go. This organization needs to rid itself of all the sideshows.

Guess we’ll soon be getting a letter in the mail that goes something like this; “The Washington Nationals Organization would like to thank Knight for his ............. “ 

:idiot:

Bye-bye Knight!   :hysterical:

Offline LoveAngelos

This is a recording of Ray Knight...or some Knight....at a recent wedding he at tended.....yes he is a hot head

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
He is an Angelos/MASN hire and deserves anything bad that happens to him.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
You can't read that Post article without buying on line editions but...but....

4 guys go to Ray's place at 4 am....4 guys.....and he gets into it with at least one who is 31 years younger and Ray is charged??????????
The guy who gets the best of it is always the one charged in a fight.....nothing to see here, keep walking and

give that man a contract....managerial......and an ownership interest

I hate that WP (and other websites) do that.

I also hate when they popup those messages that say "we've noticed you are using an ad blocker, blah blah blah we need our ads blah blah blah please turn it off" and you can't access the dang webpage until you turn off your ad blocker for that site. Then you usually need to refresh the page to allow the change. I use the ad blocker for the very reason I don't want to see your annoying ads, or your sponsor's ads.

I like Ray and hope he doesn't lose his job over this incident, but with the way things are now-days it is possible.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

I also hate when they popup those messages that say "we've noticed you are using an ad blocker, blah blah blah we need our ads blah blah blah please turn it off" and you can't access the dang webpage until you turn off your ad blocker for that site. Then you usually need to refresh the page to allow the change. I use the ad blocker for the very reason I don't want to see your annoying ads, or your sponsor's ads.

I like Ray and hope he doesn't lose his job over this incident, but with the way things are now-days it is possible.

God forbid these people get paid for their work.

Offline Ray D

I'm assuming you're referring to the advertising model, which almost  completely dominates business in this and many other countries.   I don't accept it. 

I'm willing to pay for content.  I have Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and HBO accounts and don''t watch commercial TV if I can avoid it.

AND I HAVE A POST ACCOUNT.  I still cannot access the Post online, because the account is in my wife's name, she reads it on her device, and so I'm blocked.  I'm willing to pay for content but not twice.

Advertising is the scourge of society.  To the extent that it informs us usefully it's good.  But it rarely does; 99.9 % of advertising is trash.  It wastes huge amounts of time, it incurs data costs on mobile devices, it's disruptive, it's offensive, and it's misleading.

I want the entire advertising model destroyed in favor of a pay for content model.

Offline dcpatti

Exactly. I don't work for free.  I don't know why anyone expects professional journalists would. You can have Alex Jones Pizzagate-quality bullcrap for free or pony up $4/month for actual journalism (that's the price for WaPo if you have Amazon Prime which I know most people do).

Offline dcpatti

AND I HAVE A POST ACCOUNT.  I still cannot access the Post online, because the account is in my wife's name, she reads it on her device, and so I'm blocked.  I'm willing to pay for content but not twice.

Tell your wife to check her account because the Post gives out 30-day "companion" passes like they're tic-tacs. She gives you the pass each month and both of you can have your own separate logins accessing at the same time.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

I access my Post account on 3 different devices, maybe you just need to use her login/password.

Offline HalfSmokes

I'm assuming you're referring to the advertising model, which almost  completely dominates business in this and many other countries.   I don't accept it. 

I'm willing to pay for content.  I have Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and HBO accounts and don''t watch commercial TV if I can avoid it.

Advertising is the scourge of society.  To the extent that it informs us usefully it's good.  But it rarely does; 99.9 % of advertising is trash.  It wastes huge amounts of time, it incurs data costs on mobile devices, it's disruptive, it's offensive, and it's misleading.

I want the entire advertising model destroyed in favor of a pay for content model.

I’m willing to subscribe to a few magazine and the post, I’d rather deal with ads for 75% of the sites that I visit than pay though

Offline Ray D

I access my Post account on 3 different devices,

She has three devices.

Offline hotshot

Geez, the state of what passes for journalism these days. An incident like this and not one word as to who these other guys were or what really went down in Ray's town house has surfaced ????? Nuclear codes are less protected.

Offline KV

• Believe!
She has three devices.
Is it restricted to 3?  My wife and I use at least 4 and there doesn’t seem to be a problem.

Offline Ray D

Is it restricted to 3?  My wife and I use at least 4 and there doesn’t seem to be a problem.
Clearly I'm doing something wrong. I'll let her figure it out.

Offline Copecwby20

I mean, the real Eiffel Tower has 4 supports that come together in the middle.  Just sayin'.

It all depends on the details really. A devil's threesome involves two males and a female. If both males are kneeling and the female is playing the part of the crossbar and looking like a pig on a spit it is then correctly referred to as a "Wobbly H". It does not become an Eiffel Tower until the two male participants perform an "High 5"

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Ah the 'ancient art of genital origami'

Offline Ray D

Clearly I'm doing something wrong. I'll let her figure it out.
By the way I do have unrestricted access to Post articles at my desk at work (Post provides this free to Federal workers) but don't have much time to read them at work.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Back when I a) hadn't yet started home delivery of the NYT and b) was still using a Mac, I found that an easy way around the paywall was just to access it using private browsing so no cookies were deposited. 

Offline HalfSmokes

Back when I a) hadn't yet started home delivery of the NYT and b) was still using a Mac, I found that an easy way around the paywall was just to access it using private browsing so no cookies were deposited. 

It still works

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
By the way I do have unrestricted access to Post articles at my desk at work (Post provides this free to Federal workers) but don't have much time to read them at work.

Just use your work email as your login and you can get free access when you aren't at work either.