Author Topic: Today's Curly WTF involves Uncle Ray and the police  (Read 9350 times)

Offline 1995hoo

Also, I never would have taken Uncle Ray for a townhouse dweller.  He doesn't seem to be the type who is much for walking up stairs, or anywhere for that matter.

Ashby Lane is a condo neighborhood (Stratford Place in Kingstowne) rather than a townhouse neighborhood.

Offline hotshot

If that's the case then it's possible he can be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.  No joke. Depends on the jurisdiction.

Think you're wrong that there aren't plenty of people who can "analyze" like Ray does.

I appreciate Phil's knowledge of Senators/Nats history but a professional TV host he is not. Needs some remedial coursework at the Capitol School of Broadcasting (or was it the Columbia School??).   

As for Johnny, love the guy (a Miami native like me) but ... he's freakin' eighty years old, as in 80!! Time to retire. In all of their defense, I never saw such a bush league regional sports network as MASN is. Production quality is an embarassment to a major metro area like DC.

Offline hotshot

Interesting because it seems he lives in our neighborhood, based on the street name.

Hop, skip and a jump over the bridge to Nats Park.

How come the 33 yr old fighter has not been id'd? I mean, if Ray is listed by name, why not the other party?

Offline aspenbubba

Hop, skip and a jump over the bridge to Nats Park.

How come the 33 yr old fighter has not been id'd? I mean, if Ray is listed by name, why not the other party?

Because they usually dont name the victim as only Knight was arrested.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
There was a night, a few years ago, when Johnny said something that pissed Ray off. The look Ray shot Johnny had Johnny looking perplexed and, frankly, a little frightened. Ray had a few nights off after that.

Wasn't Ray a Golden Gloves boxer growing up? I remember Johnny mentioning that a couple of times. That might explain why the younger dude got admitted to the hospital.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
I like Phil on the radio. On TV... not so much.

Johnny's okay for a little pre-game, that's all.  I mean he did radio for the Senators. In the 60s and 70s.

Think you're wrong that there aren't plenty of people who can "analyze" like Ray does.

I appreciate Phil's knowledge of Senators/Nats history but a professional TV host he is not. Needs some remedial coursework at the Capitol School of Broadcasting (or was it the Columbia School??).   

As for Johnny, love the guy (a Miami native like me) but ... he's freakin' eighty years old, as in 80!! Time to retire. In all of their defense, I never saw such a bush league regional sports network as MASN is. Production quality is an embarassment to a major metro area like DC.

Offline hotshot

Offline hotshot

Because they usually dont name the victim as only Knight was arrested.

How do the cops know that for a certainty? Arrest both parties and sort it out at the station house. I mean, Ray got -- at the least -- bitten.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
You go kolko.

Offline GNatsNoMore

MASN better not fire him over this!

Offline LoveAngelos

So Ray is in a fight with a man 33 years his junior and RAY is charged with assault? ?????

Give that man a contract!  (managerial )

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Why ?

MASN better not fire him over this!

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
But then Ray might make decisions based on a player's endowment

So Ray is in a fight with a man 33 years his junior and RAY is charged with assault? ?????

Offline Natsinpwc

Agree.  Papelbon for pitching coach.

Offline Ray D

Yeah, that would be like charging Don Zimmer for an attack on Pedro Martinez.

Offline hotshot

Why ?

Exactly. Why wouldn't they? Wonder what Ray makes in salary from MASN, or is he a Nats employee? My guess is not alot.

Online imref

WP has more details. Ray says he was asleep when four men arrived at the house he rents and got into an altercation with him.   Still no sign of Kolko.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/washington-nationals-tv-analyst-charged-with-assault-in-fracas-at-his-va-home/2017/10/23/e0ba1444-b815-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html?utm_term=.fbf6349ea70b

Offline MtPleasantNatsFan

I spoke to someone who once was a minor member of the Mets organization.

He said that in the 1980s people used to call Ray "Mr. Nancy" behind his back.  It was a double entendre because he was married to Nancy Lopez, who was tough enough that people thought Ray was her beard, and because when Ray drank he got weepy and emotional.

Supposedly though, Ray was a serious hothead and would fight people almost any time.

Back in August I saw a Nats Xtra where Ray's emotions spilled over and it looked like he had been crying over a loss.  I can see the emotions right there.

I only hung out with Ray once and I can say that his forwardness was off-putting.  Had he been drinking?  Definitely.  Could he have been flirty with another man?  I dunno, my wife kinda felt like he was giving off a serious vibe.  My gaydar is so poor I couldn't tell.  However my wife has been saying for two years that Ray was in the closet and now this happens.

None of this is all that clear when you hear about 4 dudes coming back to Ray's place at 4am though.

That said, I would be very disappointed if Ray was asked to step down.  I think he's the best on TV.  Phil Wood is pretty much clueless.  Not only does he have zero stage presence, Phil went into this entire Senators story about how in April 1968 everyone in Washington, DC was talking about this new Senators player and everywhere you went that first month of baseball season that's all you'd hear about- this new player.  April 1968 was the DC riots Phil.  Everyone was talking about MLK's assassination, Vietnam and the Riots and no one ever told me they paid attention to the Senators that summer.  That's how out of it Phil is.

Offline Ray D

Phil went into this entire Senators story about how in April 1968 everyone in Washington, DC was talking about this new Senators player and everywhere you went that first month of baseball season that's all you'd hear about- this new player.  April 1968 was the DC riots Phil.  Everyone was talking about MLK's assassination, Vietnam and the Riots and no one ever told me they paid attention to the Senators that summer.  That's how out of it Phil is.

It was Del Unser.  Yeah, everyone was talking about King and RFK assassinations, Viet Nam, and so on, but everyone was also talking about the new kid, Del Unser.

Offline dcpatti

WP has more details. Ray says he was asleep when four men arrived at the house he rents and got into an altercation with him.   Still no sign of Kolko.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/washington-nationals-tv-analyst-charged-with-assault-in-fracas-at-his-va-home/2017/10/23/e0ba1444-b815-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html?utm_term=.fbf6349ea70b

Apparently Kolko’s Snapchat or imstagram or something has him in Bethany Beach at the time of this incident. That’s according to some Facebook fan; I didn’t verify because I don't use either of those media types.

Offline rileyn

FREE RAY KNIGHT!

Offline LoveAngelos

You can't read that Post article without buying on line editions but...but....

4 guys go to Ray's place at 4 am....4 guys.....and he gets into it with at least one who is 31 years younger and Ray is charged??????????
The guy who gets the best of it is always the one charged in a fight.....nothing to see here, keep walking and

give that man a contract....managerial......and an ownership interest

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
I mean, I've always assumed that was happening somewhere in Alexandria. Far to significant a gay population for their not to be . . .

Even guys on Grindr aren't as obsessed with gay sex as you.  Bizarre.

Online imref

Apparently Kolko’s Snapchat or imstagram or something has him in Bethany Beach at the time of this incident. That’s according to some Facebook fan; I didn’t verify because I don't use either of those media types.

Sounds like a false flag.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Even guys on Grindr aren't as obsessed with gay sex as you.  Bizarre.
I just want everyone to get some love