Author Topic: Nationals @ Cubs, NLDS Game 3  (Read 39407 times)

Offline OvechkinsWodka

• chicks dig curly W's
Re: Nationals @ Cubs, NLDS Game 3
« Reply #900: October 09, 2017, 07:59:21 PM »
In a game like this yes

And I would put Stras  in tomorrow
And if they win put Max Thursday if we win tomorrow

This is our only chance Gio and tanner out of the pen

Offline tomwvr

« Reply #901: October 09, 2017, 08:00:01 PM »
True, we still have to hit. But we had a LEAD going into the 7th with our 7th, 8th, and 9th inning lights-out close-out guys. Only Kintzler was the only one who pitched. And he was unnecessarily lifted when we had a base open for Rizzo.  This is the playoffs. Mistakes kill you

Lerner’s need to call dusty in and say can you name
Your top 4 relievers
Then Ask why did only one play in the last game
Then ask what is the batting average of weiters, turner and werth
Then ask why did you not replace those not performing
When you get the generic answer you fire him

You then bring the entire team in and tell them dusty wi not be here any more and any one who plays tomorrow and the rest of the playoffs with out a hit will have will not be starting next year

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #902: October 09, 2017, 08:02:01 PM »
Lineup gave them a lead going into the 7th inning. That's a win in ANY OTHER freakING PERSON is managing the Nationals.

Schwarber gave them a lead going into the 7th inning...

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #903: October 09, 2017, 08:02:05 PM »
Where was he with the bloop hit.

Covering twice as much ground as Werth did,  but it still wasn't enough.  The ball just wasn't hit to where  he could catch it. 

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #904: October 09, 2017, 08:04:58 PM »
Lerner’s need to call dusty in and say can you name
Your top 4 relievers
Then Ask why did only one play in the last game
Then ask what is the batting average of weiters, turner and werth
Then ask why did you not replace those not performing
When you get the generic answer you fire him

You then bring the entire team in and tell them dusty wi not be here any more and any one who plays tomorrow and the rest of the playoffs with out a hit will have will not be starting next year

Harper 0 for 4
Rendon 0 for 4
Murphy 0 for 4

You’re cutting those guys if they don’t get a hit tomorrow?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #905: October 09, 2017, 08:06:36 PM »
Covering twice as much ground as Werth did,  but it still wasn't enough.  The ball just wasn't hit to where  he could catch it.

Hell, I’m not fully convinced that MAT doesn’t throw out Zobrist at home if Werth allows him to field Almora’s single.

Offline OvechkinsWodka

• chicks dig curly W's
« Reply #906: October 09, 2017, 08:11:36 PM »
If Dusty was so hell bent on lefty/lefty match ups why was Gio not a option out of the pen. He won't start again this series.

Offline tomwvr

« Reply #907: October 09, 2017, 08:13:39 PM »
Hell, I’m not fully convinced that MAT doesn’t throw out Zobrist at home if Werth allows him to field Almora’s single.

If they play horrible yep

I don’t care about names - i would raither have the .500 win team that played hard then this team that craps the bed in the playoffs

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #908: October 09, 2017, 08:15:45 PM »

I don’t care about names - i would raither have the .500 win team that played hard then this team that craps the bed in the playoffs

:shrug:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #909: October 09, 2017, 08:20:59 PM »

I wouldn’t. And I don’t think most people would either.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #910: October 09, 2017, 08:24:19 PM »
Work suck too?

Sooooo bad, catastrophe after catastrophe, kept hoping when I finally got a chance to check we'd be up by 10 :(

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #911: October 09, 2017, 08:24:32 PM »

Keep Dusty for the regular season, then bring someone else in with a history of success in the playoffs, to manage that part.

Offline tomwvr

« Reply #912: October 09, 2017, 08:24:33 PM »
I wouldn’t. And I don’t think most people would either.

So you like playing an extra 4-5 games and getting your hopes up for a team that can’t win in the playoffs and ruining your fall or a team that plays hard and May or may not win 75-80 games ...

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #913: October 09, 2017, 08:26:42 PM »
Sooooo bad, catastrophe after catastrophe, kept hoping when I finally got a chance to check we'd be up by 10 :(

Tomorrow skip.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #914: October 09, 2017, 08:28:22 PM »
So you like playing an extra 4-5 games and getting your hopes up for a team that can’t win in the playoffs and ruining your fall or a team that plays hard and May or may not win 75-80 games ...

Ya can't win the WS unless you're in the tournament.    I'll take even 3 post season games.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #915: October 09, 2017, 08:35:36 PM »

That’s the difference I guess. Even if they lose tomorrow, my fall isn’t ruined. I enjoy having my team in the playoffs. And having hopes up is much better than being negative all the time. And if this team was .500 and constantly missing the playoffs people would be complaining too.

Scraps

« Reply #916: October 09, 2017, 08:35:52 PM »
was Maddon a crappy manager when he made lineup changes after a huge win and then used the wrong reliever i didnt see people saying he was crap

Dusty is an excellent manager the gm is just ok not willing to get the final pieces and the hitters have vanished = this is not on Dusty

It most certainly is on Dusty. He’s the one responsible for getting this club ready to play Playoff Baseball.

This team is actually hitting pretty well for just coming out of Dusty Baker’s Spring Training II September. He put his players in the wrong mindset with all the days off and making horses az$  makeshift lineups such as Difo batting 3rd for craps sake coming down the stretch. Hard to flip the switch from a Spring Training  atmosphere to Playoff Baseball  intensity.
I feel bad bashing Baker but he should freaking know better. I want him to go out a winner but he has now waited too long to make any drastic changes. Not good.

His loyalty to Werth is unconscionable. Guess Baker is scared Werth will rip his lineup card off the wall in front of his other players. Then again, maybe the Rizzo-Boras-Werth love triangle has something to do with the lineup? I’m thinking Mr. Boras would like to see Jason Werth leading off tomorrow.

Let’s look to the bright side, at years end the Nationals will improve  immensely  on the field as well as in the clubhouse by doing nothing.  - Werth / + Robles + Eaton

Go Nationals! We can do THIS!!!!

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #917: October 09, 2017, 08:44:14 PM »
And the Lerners have sold all those extra NLCS tickets to you guys and will be holding your money for weeks if not months.

Offline Mighty Casey

« Reply #918: October 09, 2017, 08:50:22 PM »
makes one wonder why these clowns get paid sooooooo much money for indifferent performance....mostly because there is no downside for lousy performance...the millions just keep rolling in, rain, shine, whiff or watch a called third strike, thus, there is little real motivation to play better baseball...all this random talk in the newspaper or listening to Phil Wood about how these guys allegedly watch videos of opposing pitchers or of themselves (striking out) is preparing them....for what, I'm not sure....more than likely the videos are X-rated, because watching them has not changed anyone's approach to the game...they still watch the good pitches and chase the garbage....

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #919: October 09, 2017, 08:51:22 PM »
Schwarber gave them a lead going into the 7th inning...

When it comes to sports, Slate is among the stupidest posters here.

You couldn't have thrown that ball in a better spot to land.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #920: October 09, 2017, 08:52:56 PM »
If Dusty was so hell bent on lefty/lefty match ups why was Gio not a option out of the pen. He won't start again this series.

Good god! :doh: There are so many freaking idiots posting here.

Offline OvechkinsWodka

• chicks dig curly W's
« Reply #921: October 09, 2017, 08:55:18 PM »

Good god! :doh: There are so many freaking idiots posting here.

We saw Kershaw beat us on 1 day rest out of the pen last season. Maybe if our manager didn't throw our scrub pitchers we would win a series for once.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #922: October 09, 2017, 09:03:47 PM »
And the Lerners have sold all those extra NLCS tickets to you guys and will be holding your money for weeks if not months.

No, they'll promptly apply the unused amounts (less fees) to our 2020 season tickets plans.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #923: October 09, 2017, 09:13:28 PM »
No, they'll promptly apply the unused amounts (less fees) to our 2020 season tickets plans.
Well bless them; the Nats insider ticket sales started today so those will include some rubes who bought tickets without being season ticket holders. 

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #924: October 09, 2017, 09:15:05 PM »
FP nailed it.    "Better to have 3 guys go to the hospital than let a ball drop like that."
Take note Tom Terp