Author Topic: Trade Thread  (Read 74684 times)

Offline OvechkinsWodka

• chicks dig curly W's
Re: Trade Thread
« Reply #100: June 05, 2016, 05:30:34 PM »
"Improving their bullpen will be the Nationals’ “top priority” as the Aug. 1 trade deadline approaches, a source told Bill Ladson of MLB.com. The Nats aren’t close to acquiring anyone at this time, reports Ladson, who writes that they are hoping the Yankees will put lights-out lefties Aroldis Chapman and Andrew Miller on the block. Both have been connected in the past to the Nationals, who aren’t content with Jonathan Papelbon serving as their closer. Papelbon has fared well this year, having converted 14 of 16 save chances and posted a 2.91 ERA, 7.06 K/9 and 2.08 BB/9 in 21 2/3 innings, but he’s undoubtedly inferior to both Chapman and Miller. Even without either of those two in the mix, Washington’s bullpen entered Sunday ranked third in both ERA (2.85) and K/BB ratio (3.51)."

I'm all for upgrading then pen, tho it would suck to trade prospects for a high priced FA arm. When we could have just signed them if we planned better in the offseason

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #101: June 05, 2016, 05:50:40 PM »
"Improving their bullpen will be the Nationals’ “top priority” as the Aug. 1 trade deadline approaches, a source told Bill Ladson of MLB.com. The Nats aren’t close to acquiring anyone at this time, reports Ladson, who writes that they are hoping the Yankees will put lights-out lefties Aroldis Chapman and Andrew Miller on the block. Both have been connected in the past to the Nationals, who aren’t content with Jonathan Papelbon serving as their closer. Papelbon has fared well this year, having converted 14 of 16 save chances and posted a 2.91 ERA, 7.06 K/9 and 2.08 BB/9 in 21 2/3 innings, but he’s undoubtedly inferior to both Chapman and Miller. Even without either of those two in the mix, Washington’s bullpen entered Sunday ranked third in both ERA (2.85) and K/BB ratio (3.51)."

I'm all for upgrading then pen, tho it would suck to trade prospects for a high priced FA arm. When we could have just signed them if we planned better in the offseason

I'm calling that Fedde and an IF prospect (not Turner) will be Yankees by July 31st.

Offline dshawg77

« Reply #102: June 05, 2016, 06:07:12 PM »
Man, my hatred for Papeldouche is deep, but he will be even worse if he isn't the closer.

Why did Rizzo ever trade for that jackass is beyond me.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/06/pitcher-notes-nats-chapman-miller-reds-felix.html

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #103: June 05, 2016, 06:38:03 PM »
Man, my hatred for Papeldouche is deep, but he will be even worse if he isn't the closer.

Why did Rizzo ever trade for that jackass is beyond me.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/06/pitcher-notes-nats-chapman-miller-reds-felix.html
Rizzo has killed it when it comes to trades but the Papelbon one was a failure. His velocity is gone and when the club house went to hell it was a big part in the late collapse last season.

Offline MorseTheHorse

« Reply #104: June 05, 2016, 07:01:39 PM »
Roark?

Hyperbole, but I don't think upgrading a likely NLDS rotation of

Stras, Scherzer, Ross, Roark Stras

is where any of our money/prospects should be going.  A CF batting .150, SS batting .190 and LF batting .220 w/ little power seems much more concerning. 

Offline whytev

« Reply #105: June 05, 2016, 07:13:36 PM »

is where any of our money/prospects should be going.  A CF batting .150, SS batting .190 and LF batting .220 w/ little power seems much more concerning.

I agree with this.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #106: June 05, 2016, 07:20:55 PM »

Shame the Nats have got so much money tied up in dead weight to be able to make a meaningful move...

Offline Optics

« Reply #107: June 05, 2016, 07:31:12 PM »
I'd love Jay Bruce. He's the type of bat that can really help you and shouldn't come as expensive as someone like Braun.

Offline OvechkinsWodka

• chicks dig curly W's
« Reply #108: June 05, 2016, 08:06:08 PM »
I'd love Jay Bruce. He's the type of bat that can really help you and shouldn't come as expensive as someone like Braun.

Move Harper to CF then? Bruce is terrible fielder maybe best suited as DH.

That being said, I would welcome his bat to the lineup

Also would prefer if we added a rhb to slot between or behind Harper and Murphy

Offline whytev

« Reply #109: June 05, 2016, 08:27:37 PM »
Move Harper to CF then? Bruce is terrible fielder maybe best suited as DH.

That being said, I would welcome his bat to the lineup

Also would prefer if we added a rhb to slot between or behind Harper and Murphy

If Bryce to CF is a thing, Werth to RF, Murphy to LF, Turrner to 2B.

But it isn't. That would be a way below average OF.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #110: June 05, 2016, 09:46:01 PM »
Shame the Nats have got so much money tied up in dead weight to be able to make a meaningful move...

:hysterical:

Offline Slateman

« Reply #111: June 05, 2016, 09:46:31 PM »
If Bryce to CF is a thing, Werth to RF, Murphy to LF, Turrner to 2B.

But it isn't. That would be a way below average OF.
That might be the worst defensive OF in history

Offline whytev

« Reply #112: June 05, 2016, 10:31:47 PM »

Get a two run lead, run Taylor and Revere out?

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #113: June 05, 2016, 10:38:38 PM »
I bet they won't make a move for a hitter unless Werth gets hurt and is out for a significant time. They will give Revere too much time to get out of his hitting issues and they always have MdD and Goodwin on the 40-man to call up at a moment's notice. SS is just a concern over when they find a suitor for Espi/Drew.

Offline whytev

« Reply #114: June 05, 2016, 10:43:02 PM »
I bet they won't make a move for a hitter unless Werth gets hurt and is out for a significant time. They will give Revere too much time to get out of his hitting issues and they always have MdD and Goodwin on the 40-man to call up at a moment's notice. SS is just a concern over when they find a suitor for Espi/Drew.

They don't need a suiter. They just need to DFA Drew.

I think they know they need a bat. Time is on our side though. We waited to see Zimmerman or Werth turn it around. Zimmerman has, Werth hasn't. I say Braun is our man.

Offline HattoriHanzo

• expos/Nats fan since 1980
« Reply #115: June 07, 2016, 01:53:36 AM »

Ross has never thrown over 122 innings in a single season in his professional career and Dusty is really piling up the innings on him (typical Dusty move). Ross might get tired like last season and go to the bullpen late in the year.

Offline expofan

« Reply #116: June 07, 2016, 02:21:42 AM »
Since we can't trade either zim or werth, how about looking at trading rendon for some one like josh Donaldson or langoria.  A package of Anthony rendon + high end prospect for josh Donaldson may be possible as jays seem to be out of the division race already.  Trio of harp , Donaldson, and Murphy could offset the declining production by zim and werth and give us a potent 3,4 and 5 hitters in mlb.

Offline whytev

« Reply #117: June 07, 2016, 02:46:57 AM »
Since we can't trade either zim or werth, how about looking at trading rendon for some one like josh Donaldson or langoria.  A package of Anthony rendon + high end prospect for josh Donaldson may be possible as jays seem to be out of the division race already.  Trio of harp , Donaldson, and Murphy could offset the declining production by zim and werth and give us a potent 3,4 and 5 hitters in mlb.

The Jays are not moving the reigning MVP.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #118: June 07, 2016, 07:51:33 AM »
The Jays are not moving the reigning MVP.
This. Donaldson is under team control through this season, plus two more. That's like us trading Harper.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #119: June 07, 2016, 09:26:49 AM »
Jays are also, what, 2, 2.5 games behind the O's?  They are one of three teams that can win that division, and the other two have flaws.  The Jays aren't giving up.

Offline Matugi

« Reply #120: June 07, 2016, 09:38:31 AM »
Ross has never thrown over 122 innings in a single season in his professional career and Dusty is really piling up the innings on him (typical Dusty move). Ross might get tired like last season and go to the bullpen late in the year.

Just in time for the Giolito call-up!

But realistically we'll see Voth take over Ross's spot when Ross hits about 130 innings and Joe will move to the pen for 30 or so innings.

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #121: June 07, 2016, 09:47:12 AM »
I'm not too worried if we need to shut down Ross. Giolito is a logical step in eventually. And Austin Voth has quietly turned into a really good prospect who's having himself a season in Syracuse.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #122: June 07, 2016, 09:48:02 AM »
Ross has never thrown over 122 innings in a single season in his professional career

I think he threw 150 combined, 2015.

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #123: June 07, 2016, 09:55:23 AM »
Worse than the OF of Dukes-Milledge-Lo Duca? Or Dunn-Dukes-Willingham? I agree, that OF is pretty bad defensively, but we've had some bad ones over the years in Washington.

Offline whytev

« Reply #124: June 07, 2016, 11:27:43 AM »
Jays are also, what, 2, 2.5 games behind the O's?  They are one of three teams that can win that division, and the other two have flaws.  The Jays aren't giving up.

7-3 in their last 10. Rosenthal now reporting they might be buyers again.