Author Topic: Worst Offensive Performance in Nationals History - 2014 Edition  (Read 10600 times)

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
I'm a few games from this being hilarious, where I'll mentally replace every batter as Laurel, Hardy, and the Three Stooges in a never-ending cycle. It's unbelievable.

Offline More of #34

The slump has now affected Rendon.  We're doomed.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
I think Span was 5/5 the other night. Werth is hitting the ball hard right at people.

I agree, though, that it is infuriating that we can light up that Reds first-in-every-category guy, but can't touch a mediocre pitcher. It's like we suddenly lose the ability to square anything up, and everything is a weak infield two bouncer or a warning track fly ball.

yup. too easy. :roll:
Agreed. And why most they all slump at the same time? Not one single guy is hitting well. Desmond is hitting a few homers but still not consistently making contact.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
saw this morning that the Nats have 2nd least runs scored in their last 19, only the Reds were worse.

Offline Matugi

saw this morning that the Nats have 2nd least runs scored in their last 19, only the Reds were worse.

And we lost to them 4-3 and 2-1 lol

Offline sportsfan882

Gerrit Cole's last 4 starts: 3 ER, 3 ER, 3 ER, 4 ER.

Saturday vs Nats: ? ER

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
Gerrit Cole's last 4 starts: 3 ER, 3 ER, 3 ER, 4 ER.

Saturday vs Nats: ? ER

CGSO.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
6 R, 5 ER

You're either the most LoD SSS member ever, or the most SSS LoD member ever.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Batting .210 with RISP. Only Cubs are worse.

Offline sportsfan882

bump. this one takes the cake. 0 walks, 2 hits.

Offline aspenbubba

bump. this one takes the cake. 0 walks, 2 hits.

Sorry, but Lynne pitched the best game of his career. Zimm certainly did. Was the team flat.....perhaps as I thought after the second we would not win this game. Worst ever .......NOT even close.

Offline spidernat

By that logic you can have a perfect game pitched against you and discount it by saying the pitcher had a great game. Last night was pretty bad. It was one of the worst offensive performances we've seen in a while.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
I will worry as long as Espinosa bats 7th. Maybe extra batting practice for the pitchers?

Offline spidernat

I will worry as long as Espinosa bats 7th. Maybe extra batting practice for the pitchers?

That should fix the offense.

Offline NatsAllThe Way

Can't believe no one posted here yet tonight.  This is a disaster.

Offline NatsAllThe Way

Fat Gat will probably homer here.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Making Floyd look like an ace

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
i saw Danny saw a total of 5 pitches tonight.  Horrible.

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats

Normally I'd agree, but he had one of our few hits so I can't rake Espinosa over the coals for this one. He still doesn't have my faith, but with that and a few good defensive plays, he was the least of our problems. Tonight.

Give me a game or two though and I'll have an essay of vitriol though, I'm sure. 1-6 against the Braves. Lol.

Offline spidernat

He was trying to bunt.  :lmao:  At least he didn't strikeout.  :stir:

Offline monkeyhit

Meanwhile, with Syracuse in Norfolk last night, Z. Walters had 6th HR in last 10 games, T. Moore also homers and Souza not in line-up.  Hm.  :icon_question:.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
He was trying to bunt.  :lmao: 

That was the first bunt (for hit) he's failed on this season, 7 for 8 now I think.

Must be reading WNFF and was inspired to rekindle his bunting initiative.

Offline Ray D

I'm out of town and was unable to follow the game on tv or radio.  But I have to say this was the most disturbing performance I think I can remember, ever.  The long-awaited matchup, they should have risen to the occasion and come out of the gate like flying bulls, instead they came out like limp dicks.  I've been positive about this team all season. I'm questioning my faith this morning.  I'll give then one more game. If they lose tonight, they should break up the team, before midnight.

Offline PC

7-8-9 went 0-39 this series, according to Ray.