Author Topic: Barves: Knights Templar of Unwritten Rules and gutless anti-American douche bags  (Read 84049 times)

Offline Elvir Ovcina

McCann announced his retirement from professional baseball today

This is not going to come off as polite, reasonable, or even human, but: Good.  He's an absolute jerk.  It's no surprise that every team he's on turns into a collection of Unwritten Rules jurists.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
This is not going to come off as polite, reasonable, or even human, but: Good.  He's an absolute jerk.  It's no surprise that every team he's on turns into a collection of Unwritten Rules jurists.
I think he was why we originated this thread

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Weird, I can’t modify the OP anymore. Maybe too old

That’s okay, it’s still pretty perfect the way it is.

:nono:

Please pay heed to the clearly understood (if unwritten) rules of the forum - leave good thread titles alone.   

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I undid it for now since I was reminded of all the YNOT and similar threads that have legitimate reasons to be updated over the course of a longer period of time.  Will have to think on other ways to stop PB69 from grandstanding :P

Actually, I kind of like Zimmm's Powerboater's thread morphing.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Well I had fun morphing this one over a period of a couple years with the Barves. It only stopped when I ran out of thread title characters. I don’t think it was grandstanding, and was directed at a rival, but I’ll agree not to mess with perfection. :)

Offline awbb

NSFW (but then, all YouTube videos could be considered that... unless your boss hates the Barves).

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Yea, but Urinating Tree is especially NSFW

Offline rileyn

Suck on this one, Braves fans.  Mets fans too. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Suck on this one, Braves fans.  Mets fans too. 
And Cards fans too.  And the empty seats in Miami.  Just waiting for Soto to get trashed by the Knights Templars around baseball.  "You must be still in the batter's box.  do not smile."

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I think the teammates vote on winners's shares while the ownership gives out the ring.  I think the Red Sox have always given some money to anyone who was on the roster at any time during the year.  I think in 2004 they all got equal shares.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Haven't seen my Barves neighbor in weeks.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Still the last team to win the first two games and lose the World Series!!!!

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
This was pretty cool

https://twitter.com/mlbyahoosports/status/1190110479286300672?s=21
wait, you are making a Barve look like a decent guy.  This must have been staged!  In his neighborhood!  Trick camera angles! Deep fake! 

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
wait, you are making a Barve look like a decent guy.  This must have been staged!  In his neighborhood!  Trick camera angles! Deep fake!

I'm sure he roasted and ate the child afterwards.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I'm sure he roasted and ate the child afterwards.

now my faith in Freeman is restored.  My only question is whether he invited Yadier Molina to split the child with him as part of a conspiracy to enforce jointly the unwritten rules. 

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
The Braves bought out Flowers and Markakis for $2 million each, then resigned them each to 1 year / $4 million contracts.  The reason for this is that the $2 million buyouts count toward 2019 payroll, while the $4 million counts toward 2020.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Alex Anthopolous is being accused of being in contact with other clubs about free agents which is a no-no

https://twitter.com/mlbpa_news/status/1192215027798941697?s=21

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
It is interesting that there is no word from Brian McCann

https://stream.org/mlb-cheating-scandal-brian-mccann/

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator

Offline UMDNats

Imagine being a Braves fan and knowing that you have a team of losers.

Offline Dave in Fairfax

well, he cheated the right way.
Do you have any actual evidence that McCann cheated?

If anyone on the 2017 Astros seems likely to have not participated in the sign-stealing antics, other than pitchers, it seems like it would be McCann, given that (a) he hit rather poorly at home that season, (b) as a catcher, he is likely to have a different attitude toward sign-stealing than other position players, and (c) his nickname of "Fun Police" makes me think that at some point other players decided he wasn't the kind of player to play along with stuff. Whether he knew about it and didn't say anything is a separate matter, but baseball does seem to have its own code of silence.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Do you have any actual evidence that McCann cheated?

If anyone on the 2017 Astros seems likely to have not participated in the sign-stealing antics, other than pitchers, it seems like it would be McCann, given that (a) he hit rather poorly at home that season, (b) as a catcher, he is likely to have a different attitude toward sign-stealing than other position players, and (c) his nickname of "Fun Police" makes me think that at some point other players decided he wasn't the kind of player to play along with stuff. Whether he knew about it and didn't say anything is a separate matter, but baseball does seem to have its own code of silence.
No evidence that he payed attention consciously to the drumming, or whether they drummed when he was up, but he had to be completely clueless if, for example, the Barves pitchers like Fiers knew it was going on.  Unless there was a cone of silence around him, he is at least guilty of obeying Omerta.  Maybe Omerta is one of the unwritten rules, so his cheating was the right way?

Offline rileyn

Guilty until proven innocent for a douche bag like McCann!