Author Topic: Barves: Knights Templar of Unwritten Rules and gutless anti-American douche bags  (Read 85334 times)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Missed that but they looked awful last night, then let Bryce go all primetime on them.

Week one hot take, they take a big site back this year and come in fourth.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Braves nearing an 8 year extension with Acuna for $100 million.

Offline UMDNats

The lack of a Rendon extension looking worse and worse by the day.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

These guys are it again.  After throwing at Rhys Hoskins 3 times during their series with the Phillies, they take exception to what looked like a clean slide from David Bote last night.  Do they ever get full of themselves?

The Hoskins stuff was ridiculous, but the Bote thing was borderline.  He did slide to the right of the bag on a fairly routine DP in an 8-0 game in the eighth.  I don't know why anyone except Swanson needed to get involved, though. 

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Braves nearing an 8 year extension with Acuna for $100 million.

they have him for 2 years at league minimum, and 4 years of arbitration (through the 2024 season).  So an eight year deal would get them two extra years of control, and probably a big raise for Acuna in his pre-arb years.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
they have him for 2 years at league minimum, and 4 years of arbitration (through the 2024 season).  So an eight year deal would get them two extra years of control, and probably a big raise for Acuna in his pre-arb years.

Arbitration is for 3 years.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I bet he will be super 2. Maybe not though

Offline imref

MLBTR:

Acuna, who entered the current campaign with 159 days of MLB service, was on track to qualify for arbitration in 2021 (as a Super Two) and reach free agency in 2025.

if my math is correct, that's 4 years of arbitration (2021, 22, 23, and 24).

Heyman says it replaces his contract this year, and has two option years, so it could work out to be a ten year deal.  Seems like a steal for Atlanta.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/04/braves-nearing-extension-with-ronald-acuna.html

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
The lack of a Rendon extension looking worse and worse by the day.

Not for Kieboom or Garcia who are the likely infield replacements at 2nd and 3rd. The Nats let Harper walk because they think that one or both of Soto or Robles can take his place. After Rendon, Zim and Dozier are gone they won't have any high dollar position players freeing more for pitching. The new economics of baseball.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Not for Kieboom or Garcia who are the likely infield replacements at 2nd and 3rd. The Nats let Harper walk because they think that one or both of Soto or Robles can take his place. After Rendon, Zim and Dozier are gone they won't have any high dollar position players freeing more for pitching. The new economics of baseball.

Yeah, I hate to think that this is the way to go... but it's probably the way to go.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

Garcia and Kieboom are not the level of prospect of Soto or Robles. He’ll Soto was seriously underrated and was still a better regarded prospect than these two n

Offline imref

Bobby Cox hospitalized after suffering an apparent stroke

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Bobby Cox hospitalized after suffering an apparent stroke

Had me googlin' his age   ...   77.

Offline EXILAR

What's up with these Tiger Woods thing? It's so stupid

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
When "one job/fail" is an Olympic event, cake bakers are gonna rule the podium
(Image removed from quote.)

Offline imref

Braves fan taken out by a perfect shoulder tackle after running on the field. The security guard should get an NFL contract:

https://apple.news/AWDF4DsJvSreESFbGwVs9tQ

Offline mitlen

Braves fan taken out by a perfect shoulder tackle after running on the field. The security guard should get an NFL contract:

https://apple.news/AWDF4DsJvSreESFbGwVs9tQ

Watched the one Security guy trip on the first base running lane.     :)   

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Can @chief uncap the thread title limit for this thread? So many possibilities. Thread that keeps on giving

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Yeah, I hate to think that this is the way to go... but it's probably the way to go.

It's not.  Sacrificing position players in order to shell out more money for pitchers is backwards and doesn't really make sense.

I'd much rather pay $30m/yr on a position player who will play every day, presumably for at least 120 games in a season, and hit/field/run the bases effectively than a pitcher who will only pitch every fifth day, has a minimal defensive impact, and can't really produce any offense.

Offline mitlen

It's been a while since I've had a good "hate" up for an opponent.     Today's the day to get it out of my system.

Offline rileyn

It's been a while since I've had a good "hate" up for an opponent.     Today's the day to get it out of my system.
I'm with you, Mitlen!  Let's eat some face!

Offline mitlen

I'm with you, Mitlen!  Let's eat some face!

I'm gonna put out my Nats' banner to irritate my Barves' fan neighbor.     :devil: