Author Topic: Barves: Knights Templar of Unwritten Rules and gutless anti-American douche bags  (Read 84041 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Or the Nats, I guess. You count on interest in the new park for the first couple years while you try to get better?

It's not that different from the Phillies when they moved into CBP. They had Jim Thome but not much else. More of a baseball town though.

Online Natsinpwc

Or the Nats, I guess. You count on interest in the new park for the first couple years while you try to get better?
Sure. Why would you watch on TV when you can pay $30 to park and $10 for a beer.

They have their work cut out for them. As I recall even in their hay day they could not always sell out playoff games.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Turner Field seats 49K, which is huge for baseball, no? The new stadium seats 41K.

Sure. Why would you watch on TV when you can pay $30 to park and $10 for a beer.

They have their work cut out for them. As I recall even in their hay day they could not always sell out playoff games.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Yankee Stadium seats 54,251.  It used to be above 60,000 - but was reduced in 1975.

Turner Field seats 49K, which is huge for baseball, no? The new stadium seats 41K.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Yankee Stadium seats 54,251.  It used to be above 60,000 - but was reduced in 1975.

That's all very interesting MG (in a Phil Wood kind of way), but not sure what the relevance is to this conversation.    :shrug:

:lol:

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Sorry you couldn't follow Terp, but someone remarked Turner Field being large for baseball, which it is not.

That's all very interesting MG (in a Phil Wood kind of way), but not sure what the relevance is to this conversation.    :shrug:

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Sorry you couldn't follow Terp, but someone remarked Turner Field being large for baseball, which it is not.

Actually it has the fourth largest seating capacity in MLB, trailing only the Dodgers', Rockies' and Yankees' grounds (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_stadiums)/

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
They're back.

...and they're gone...properly dispatched today...

For the record...I hate the Cubs more than I hate the Cardinals, Mets, Phillies, Marlins, Barves and Orioles combined...but really glad the "chop" was absent today...

Online Natsinpwc

...and they're gone...properly dispatched today...

For the record...I hate the Cubs more than I hate the Cardinals, Mets, Phillies, Marlins, Barves and Orioles combined...but really glad the "chop" was absent today...
How did you come to loathe the Cubbies so much? 

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
How did you come to loathe the Cubbies so much?

I grew up in Chicago among Cubs fans...hateful creatures...

Online Natsinpwc

I grew up in Chicago among Cubs fans...hateful creatures...
So you chose to fight rather than join them. I can respect that. I don't know any Cubs fans. Used to work with a White Sox fan. He was harmless.

Offline Count Walewski

I grew up in Chicago too and am a White Sox fan. I hate the Cubs and their fans because they're the ones I had to grow up dealing with, but if I didn't have that background I would probably hate Cardinals and Giants fans far more, among NL fanbases. They're more objectively annoying, Cub fans are mostly just sappy.

Offline whytev

I grew up in Chicago too and am a White Sox fan. I hate the Cubs and their fans because they're the ones I had to grow up dealing with, but if I didn't have that background I would probably hate Cardinals and Giants fans far more, among NL fanbases. They're more objectively annoying, Cub fans are mostly just sappy.

I got nothing against Giants fans.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
how can you hate the Cards fans?  Their just so gosh darn humble about how they are the greatest fans.  It might have to do with being from a great city with fine pizza and following probably the most consistent high performing model organization in baseball.  And you never hear about it in the media.  Just ask Buck, McCarver, Costas, or Carpenter (one of these things is not like the other).

Offline Copecwby20

Atlanta is a "See and Be Seen" town. The new stadium will draw well at first because it will provide the rich Cobb County freaks a place to socialize without having to head to Buckhead. Once that novelty wears off it depends on the team's performance and the developments around the ball park.

Offline whytev

Swanson is up. It will be fun to see him tomorrow.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Would it be asking too much to expect the Braves to ditch that tomahawk-chop music? I'm not talking about the tomahawk-chop itself (I'm the last person on earth to support political correctness) but the Braves-Nats radio broadcasts become an absolute trial to listen to when one has to put up with SUHHHHHHHHHHHHH DUH DUH...DUHHHHHHHHHHH DUH DUH sixty thousand times a night...in some of this weekend's fixtures it started as early as the third inning.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Would it be asking too much to expect the Braves to ditch that tomahawk-chop music? I'm not talking about the tomahawk-chop itself (I'm the last person on earth to support political correctness) but the Braves-Nats radio broadcasts become an absolute trial to listen to when one has to put up with SUHHHHHHHHHHHHH DUH DUH...DUHHHHHHHHHHH DUH DUH sixty thousand times a night...in some of this weekend's fixtures it started as early as the third inning.

Maybe when they move to the burbs and everyone's more interested in the #Mallpark anyways

Offline whytev

Both need to go. Real bad.

Offline dcpatti

And the whistles they mix in... oh my god the whistles... it makes me really want to smash my head with a hammer to get the sound of those goddamned whistles to go away.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Attendance at Turner is so sparse, the noisy ones really stand out (especially when they're all hopped up on boiled peanuts). 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession

bwank, bwwank - -[Fake crowd shouting]WILSON! bwank, bwank -- [fake crowd shouting] WILSON!

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
bwank, bwwank - -[Fake crowd shouting]WILSON! bwank, bwank -- [fake crowd shouting] WILSON!
Better than the N-A-T-S chant.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.

Couldn't hear this on the Braves radio broadcast somehow.

Unfortunately, I was driving and only had access to the Braves broadcast, which was completely brutal. It had me longing for C&D badly.