Author Topic: Barves: Knights Templar of Unwritten Rules and gutless anti-American douche bags  (Read 84007 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

Braves have up 38 runs in the three game series vs the Yankees.  They are making a run for the worst record in the East and all of MLB.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
A case of the team following the trajectory of their fans. 

Too soon? 

Offline Natsinpwc

A case of the team following the trajectory of their fans. 

Too soon?
Ouch. Or maybe vice versa.  Three deaths in that stadium. No wonder they are moving.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Braves have up 38 runs in the three game series vs the Yankees.  They are making a run for the worst record in the East and all of MLB.

Right now only four teams, all in the NL - Cincinnati, Colorado, Miami and Philadelphia - have worse records than Atlanta: attendance is also off over 10% from last year (29k down to 26k average per home fixture).

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Right now only four teams, all in the NL - Cincinnati, Colorado, Miami and Philadelphia - have worse records than Atlanta: attendance is also off over 10% from last year (29k down to 26k average per home fixture).

Quite surprised they have drawn that well.  I have to think actual bodies thru the turnstyle (no pun intended) was much less given what little I have seen of them on TV.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Quite surprised they have drawn that well.  I have to think actual bodies thru the turnstyle (no pun intended) was much less given what little I have seen of them on TV.

It seems like it's been forever since we've played the Braves.

Offline OldChelsea

Announced attendance at the first two fixtures of the current Braves-Marlins series have been 12,916 Monday and 16,386 last night (that first figure must suggest that the Braves' season ticket base must either really be drying up, or hasn't been any great shakes to begin with).

By contrast, the Nats haven't been below 20k at home since 4th September 2012 (a Tuesday Cubs visit with 17,648).

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Announced attendance at the first two fixtures of the current Braves-Marlins series have been 12,916 Monday and 16,386 last night (that first figure must suggest that the Braves' season ticket base must either really be drying up, or hasn't been any great shakes to begin with).

By contrast, the Nats haven't been below 20k at home since 4th September 2012 (a Tuesday Cubs visit with 17,648).

If the Barves series wasn't a weekend deal and the Nats didn't have such a large STH base, I bet we'd get below 20K in the upcoming Barves' series.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Ha. I guess they're complaining about scoring on sac flys in a blowout now? Harp is going to get plunked tomorrow...

Offline mitlen

Ha. I guess they're complaining about scoring on sac flys in a blowout now? Harp is going to get plunked tomorrow...

Then it should be open season on Fred.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Offline OldChelsea

Starting the 2016 season with a win at Atlanta - not just getting a win but shutting up those cretinous, subanthropoid-intelligence Btaves supporters and their stupid chant.

Offline Mr Clean

Yesterday when Harper was booed I wished Gen. Sherman was still around. Damn Confederates.

Offline dcpatti

Yesterday when Harper was booed I wished Gen. Sherman was still around. Damn Confederates.

There was some idiot sitting maybe 8 rows behind us who started the annoying "oh-ver-rrrraaaay-ted" chant when Bryce went up for his first at-bat. He pretty much choked on his beer when that home run went out. And the idiot twenty-somethings in front of us who'd been chanting "Jayson Werthless" left after Jayson came home to tie the game. It was pretty damn quiet there for the bottom of the 10th.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Their squad is so stacked that Harper would definitely be an afterthought! Overrated. Yeah.

Offline dcpatti

Yeah because "overrated" and "unanimous pick for MVP" belong in the same sentence.
seriously those braves fans are tools. Half of them are on work release and the other half are dating their sisters.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
I'm sure there's some overlap in that venn diagram.

Yeah because "overrated" and "unanimous pick for MVP" belong in the same sentence.
seriously those braves fans are tools. Half of them are on work release and the other half are dating their sisters.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

I hear was somber at the local Hooters last evening.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

http://wjla.com/news/local/source-atlanta-braves-player-arrested-for-dispute-with-woman-at-ritz-carlton-in-arlington

:lmao:

WASHINGTON (ABC7) — Atlanta Braves player Hector Olivera has been arrested for a dispute with a woman at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Arlington, police sources confirm with ABC7's Jeff Goldberg. The Braves are in town for a four-game series against the Washington Nationals...

Offline dcpatti

http://wjla.com/news/local/source-atlanta-braves-player-arrested-for-dispute-with-woman-at-ritz-carlton-in-arlington

WASHINGTON (ABC7) — Atlanta Braves player Hector Olivera has been arrested for a dispute with a woman at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Arlington, police sources confirm with ABC7's Jeff Goldberg. The Braves are in town for a four-game series against the Washington Nationals...

Looks like the Braves *can* hit after all!

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on

Offline KV

• Believe!
When I heard the headline this morning my first thought was "Please let it be Freeman"

Offline mitlen

I dislike the Barves as much as anyone.     Let's wait and see how this works out.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession

WASHINGTON (ABC7) — Atlanta Braves player Hector Olivera has been arrested for a dispute with a woman at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Arlington, police sources confirm with ABC7's Jeff Goldberg.
don't tell Trump.  Or Cruz for that matter.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
I dislike the Barves as much as anyone.     Let's wait and see how this works out.

I have a feeling it's just going to be a sad story no matter what we find out really happened.