Author Topic: Barves: Knights Templar of Unwritten Rules and gutless anti-American douche bags  (Read 84094 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
The don't always play them all.

Our beloved Nats played 161 one year.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Offline mitlen

Offline whytev

The don't always play them all. 40-120 was the record.

Ah yes. Particularly when a team is that far back.

I think we have a recent 161 gamer.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
I'm pretty sure I was at a closing day rainout at Nats Park. Maybe it was just a home closer.

Twice actually.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Another trade by the Braves, this time Grilli to the Blue Jays: http://www.foxsports.com/south/story/atlanta-braves-toronto-blue-jays-jason-grilli-053116

...looking to go through as many players this season as they did last season?

Offline EdStroud

Another trade by the Braves, this time Grilli to the Blue Jays: http://www.foxsports.com/south/story/atlanta-braves-toronto-blue-jays-jason-grilli-053116

...looking to go through as many players this season as they did last season?

current record 15-36

162 game season would be 48-114

these guys even went 5-5 thru recent 10 game stretch...........

yup break them up

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Has anyone traveled directly to Turner from the airport? Not wanting to spend much time in Atlanta, but planning the trip now to catch the game before they turn off the lights. Looks like they do have a bus, but it's also only a 7 mile drive. Could taxi/Uber.

Offline whytev

Has anyone traveled directly to Turner from the airport? Not wanting to spend much time in Atlanta, but planning the trip now to catch the game before they turn off the lights. Looks like they do have a bus, but it's also only a 7 mile drive. Could taxi/Uber.

Are you renting a car anyway? When I rent a car, I figure I might as well use it, even if facing steep parking.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Are you renting a car anyway? When I rent a car, I figure I might as well use it, even if facing steep parking.

I'd rather not. I found a 2AM flight out of ATL, so I'm think the gal and I will get in early Sat. morning, then fly out after the game. I have no interest in spending any more time in Atlanta.

Offline mitlen

Wonder who the character was behind home yesterday in the Barves jersey.

Offline whytev

I'd rather not. I found a 2AM flight out of ATL, so I'm think the gal and I will get in early Sat. morning, then fly out after the game. I have no interest in spending any more time in Atlanta.

Then Über is your best friend.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Then Über is your best friend.

Sounding like it. Didn't realize the park was that close to the airport.

Any seating recs from anyone that's been?

Offline dcpatti

You can take the Marta from the airport to pick up the Baseball Shuttle Bus. It's pretty smooth and easy. Then shuttle to Marta back to the airport to go home. The parking areas around the Ted are a crapshow so I wouldn't mess with Uber. It'll take the guy half an hour to make it from the main road to wherever your pickup point is. I wanna say the shuttle bus goes to/from Little Five Points station but that might be wrong; when we went earlier this year, there was a discrepancy between the Braves website and Marta's, due to some recent construction. So you may wanna check out the Braves Facebook or Reddit or something to confirm which station. But even if you have to change trains, Marta is super easy to navigate, and the shuttle bus drops you off right by the Coca Cola Bottle Gate.

Offline OldChelsea

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
why on earth aren't the Braves trading Freeman?

Offline OldChelsea

why on earth aren't the Braves trading Freeman?

Probably because they feel they have to keep one player the locals will pay to watch. (They're 26th in the majors in average attendance as it is, at 22,850/fixture - if they moved Freeman they'd be bottom-feeding with the Rays and the Indians.)

Offline Natsinpwc

Probably because they feel they have to keep one player the locals will pay to watch. (They're 26th in the majors in average attendance as it is, at 22,850/fixture - if they moved Freeman they'd be bottom-feeding with the Rays and the Indians.)
Wonder why the Indians are not drawing this year with such a good team?

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Wonder why the Indians are not drawing this year with such a good team?
Attendance lags performance by a year, typically.

Offline Natsinpwc

Attendance lags performance by a year, typically.
Yes. But that is really low for a first place team.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
The Padres are going to dfa olivera when he returns from suspension, so to get rid of him the braves took on $19 million and a fairly useless Matt Kemp.  Why?

Offline Natsinpwc

The Padres are going to dfa olivera when he returns from suspension, so to get rid of him the braves took on $19 million and a fairly useless Matt Kemp.  Why?
They must really be worried about attendance in the new stadium next year and hope that Kemp can hit a little and at least they can be mediocre.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
You'd think that they could have timed a leap in team performance with when they arrived in (Corn) Cobb County.  Maybe they're going on a free agent hiring spree. to try to make it interesting.

They must really be worried about attendance in the new stadium next year and hope that Kemp can hit a little and at least they can be mediocre.

Offline Natsinpwc

You'd think that they could have timed a leap in team performance with when they arrived in (Corn) Cobb County.  Maybe they're going on a free agent hiring spree. to try to make it interesting.
It's not that different from the Phillies when they moved into CBP. They had Jim Thome but not much else. More of a baseball town though.