Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 118463 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Define Natitude - Smiley
« Reply #2250: May 22, 2013, 10:52:19 AM »
Mark Lerner signed Smiley Gonzalez to a $1.4 million contract at 3 AM, in a bar, the morning after his father bought the team.  Now they want their insurance company to cover the loss.  I'd agree that they are due the $300,000 that Jose Rijo stole, but Smiley wasn't a team employee until after he signed the contract, therefore it wasn't employee fraud, just owner's son stupidity.

The Washington Nationals baseball team sued its insurer for $1 million, claiming it was bamboozled for more than that by a Dominican pitcher who lied about his age to get an enormous signing bonus.

The Washington Nationals Baseball Club sued Westchester Fire Insurance Co. in Superior Court.

The claim springs from a 20-year-old Dominican pitcher who got a $1.4 million signing bonus by claiming he was 16, and conspiring with two club officials who backed up his bogus story in exchange for kickbacks, the Nationals say in the lawsuit.

The Nats, the newest Major League team, claims Westchester refused to cover the team's losses, which the team would not have paid had it known the hurler's real age.

According to the complaint, the Nationals signed Esmailyn Gonzalez to a Minor League contract worth a modest salary, but with a $1.4 million signing bonus because of his skill level for a 16-year-old. Gonzalez was also being scouted by the New York Yankees and the Texas Rangers, the Nationals say.

The Nats signed Gonzalez in 2006, then realized it had been taken.

"It subsequently came to light that Gonzalez's real name was Carlos Alvarez Lugo and that in fact he was 20 years old at the time he signed his contract with the Nationals, not 16 years old," the complaint states. "Lugo executed an affidavit detailing his fraud, including that he kicked back $300,000 of his bonus to Jose Rijo, at the time a special assistant to the Nationals' general manager. Upon information and belief, Jose Baez, at the time of the Nationals' director of Dominican Republic operations, also was involved in the scheme to defraud the Nationals. The Nationals subsequently terminated both Rijo and Baez."

The Nats say they reported the incident as employee theft to Westchester and after three months of silence, the company responded by asking for proof of its loss. The club says it provided everything Westchester asked for, but after two years was denied insurance coverage.

Lugo never made it to the Big Leagues.

The Nats say they had a $1 million policy with Westchester that covered employee theft, dishonesty and fraud.

The team wants $1 million in damages for breach of contract and another million for breach of faith.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/05/21/57815.htm

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Define Natitude - Smiley
« Reply #2251: May 28, 2013, 11:57:59 PM »
At the game tonight a couple of Nats fans in 117 had the nerve to stand and cheer with two strikes and two outs, fortunately the usher pictured below was there to rush over and immediately demand that they sit down.

What has Bob Carpenter started?  Nats fans standing and cheering??  Not at Nationals Park.  Lets give thanks for the ever present ushers who kept a lid on such nonsense.  Maybe that kind of thing is acceptable at the other 29 parks, but not here in Washington DC.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Where the freak was that motherfreaker when people were standing up all game long yesterday!

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Where the freak was that motherfreaker when people were standing up all game long yesterday!

The guy behind me was out of his mind pissed, he went up and started yelling at a different usher.

Sad thing was that it worked, the couple that got chastised stayed in their seats until there were two outs in the bottom of the ninth.

Offline heeman82

Owned

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
At the game tonight a couple of Nats fans in 117 had the nerve to stand and cheer with two strikes and two outs, fortunately the usher pictured below was there to rush over and immediately demand that they sit down.

What has Bob Carpenter started?  Nats fans standing and cheering??  Not at Nationals Park.  Lets give thanks for the ever present ushers who kept a lid on such nonsense.  Maybe that kind of thing is acceptable at the other 29 parks, but not here in Washington DC.

(Image removed from quote.)

Section 117 is behind the visitors' dugout - the combination of large opposition turn-out plus the usual inflated-self-importance corporate/lobbyist foofs who buy tax-write-off season tickets in those areas does not add up to a favourable environment for cheering for the Nats.

Never had any problems of that sort in the TBSITH neighbourhood - stand up and cheer all you like as long as you don't overdo it (i.e. don't do like the soccer fans at the USMNT matches who stand up for the entire match).

Offline NationalHeat

Whats TBSITH?

Offline OldChelsea

Whats TBSITH?

The Best Seat In The House - mine, 312/A/1, just slightly to the left of home plate with a thoroughly panoramic view.

Offline NationalHeat

The Best Seat In The House - mine, 312/A/1, just slightly to the left of home plate with a thoroughly panoramic view.

haha, exactly where we want to get our season tickets next year. Hopefully there will be two spots open.

Offline OldChelsea

haha, exactly where we want to get our season tickets next year. Hopefully there will be two spots open.

In fact the Nats' site now offers a 3-D view from any section - click on a section to see the view: http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/seats_3d.jsp

Offline Terps and Nats

• Wake me when the Braves series is over
Section 117 is behind the visitors' dugout - the combination of large opposition turn-out plus the usual inflated-self-importance corporate/lobbyist foofs who buy tax-write-off season tickets in those areas does not add up to a favourable environment for cheering for the Nats.

Never had any problems of that sort in the TBSITH neighbourhood - stand up and cheer all you like as long as you don't overdo it (i.e. don't do like the soccer fans at the USMNT matches who stand up for the entire match).

I have been meaning to ask, what does TBSITH mean?

Offline OldChelsea

I have been meaning to ask, what does TBSITH mean?

The Best Seat In The House - 312/A/1, tenanted by yours truly since the ballpark opened; absolutely no finer sightlines anywhere.

Offline Terps and Nats

• Wake me when the Braves series is over
The Best Seat In The House - 312/A/1, tenanted by yours truly since the ballpark opened; absolutely no finer sightlines anywhere.

Gotcha.  My wife always like to sit in the 300's below the press boxes.  I agree with you, great seats, and decent price. 

Offline madj55

My view from last night.

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022

I've sat in 117 and had a good time.

Offline ¡Vamos Ramos!

(i.e. don't do like the soccer fans at the USMNT matches who stand up for the entire match).

Alot of sections close to the game at USMNT games are designated for that, if you don't like it, don't buy a seat there. I always make sure to buy those tickets so I can stand and sing.

Back to the regular thread though, I kind of find the current ushers to be overanxious to give paying fans are hard time. Like if someone's being drunk and obnoxious standing the whole game ok, but there's certain situations where it's more than reasonable to stand up and cheer, unfortunately most of our ushers lack any knowledge of the game to separate those situations.

Offline ¡Vamos Ramos!

Also, on another note, Natitude is inviting the Baltimore oriole bird down for the series. I'm not quite sure how that's supposed to set a homefield environment...

Offline OldChelsea

Alot of sections close to the game at USMNT games are designated for that, if you don't like it, don't buy a seat there. I always make sure to buy those tickets so I can stand and sing.[...]

The last one I attended (at RFK vs Costa Rica some years back) they were doing it in more than just the front rows. Actually I might have been able to avoid it had I gotten my regular DC United season ticket seat (section 208) but something went haywire with their online ordering form and I never was able to get through.

I get my footie fix nowadays taking in Chelsea home matches on my annual London trips...it's all good now.

Offline ¡Vamos Ramos!

The last one I attended (at RFK vs Costa Rica some years back) they were doing it in more than just the front rows. Actually I might have been able to avoid it had I gotten my regular DC United season ticket seat (section 208) but something went haywire with their online ordering form and I never was able to get through.

I get my footie fix nowadays taking in Chelsea home matches on my annual London trips...it's all good now.

Fair enough, I get that if its outside the typical support sections. I assumed you meant in places like the Nest at DCU games.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!

haha, I used to think that may mean something like The Big Spaceship in the Hood as a desciption of the ballpark architecture.

Offline OldChelsea

haha, I used to think that may mean something like The Big Spaceship in the Hood as a desciption of the ballpark architecture.

It did have that sort of look when it was under construction.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Also, on another note, Natitude is inviting the Baltimore oriole bird down for the series. I'm not quite sure how that's supposed to set a homefield environment...

And then having him tackle most of the presidents, who thought that was a good idea?

Offline madj55

And then having him tackle most of the presidents, who thought that was a good idea?
Forreal, it actually looked like Abe got hurt during that cause he was down for awhile. freak the Orioles

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Natitude: Inviting other teams fans and mascots to crap all over your ball park

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Forreal, it actually looked like Abe got hurt during that cause he was down for awhile. freak the Orioles

I thought he stayed down because of something the oriole announcers in the BOOTH did.