Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 124000 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Couldn't stand being around so many orioles fans.

Offline Copecwby20

So e mails went out today to get you to start voting for the All Star game. I received one from the Nationals, and one from the Mets. The Mets are offering a 50% off coupon for a game ticket if you vote. The Nationals are offering...... nothing. Color me surprised. The owners can go freak themselves.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Harper stands a chance of being the first Nat to be voted in, hopefully the team will push ASG voting harder than they have in the past.  Other than Bryce, Zimmermann and maybe Detwiler are the only guys on track to make it this year.  Maybe HRod if he keeps getting them 1-2-3.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I just checked the RCR site to see about getting tix to the Monday Os game, it's blacked out.  While looking at the page, I noted that every single game next month is either blacked out, a weekend game that requires extra points for redemption, or a prime game that requires extra points for redemption.  Not a single regular game for redemption points. Might as well have just cancelled the whole program.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Imagine what our road record would be if we could have vega getting pegged behind home plate during all the road games? Come on Vega, take 1 (or 77) for the team.

And we a pray for road double headers?

Offline Copecwby20

And we a pray for road double headers?

Double headers? I think for someone just getting into pegging you should probably stick to one head at a time....

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
I just checked the RCR site to see about getting tix to the Monday Os game, it's blacked out.  While looking at the page, I noted that every single game next month is either blacked out, a weekend game that requires extra points for redemption, or a prime game that requires extra points for redemption.  Not a single regular game for redemption points. Might as well have just cancelled the whole program.

The May home schedule kinda sucks overall.  Not many games and two interleague series.  I don't care much for interleague games.  And we'll have to listen to that stupid "Oh!" during the national anthem.  At least we should outnumber the Philly fans this year.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Quote from: DanSteinberg
‏@dcsportsbog
Whoa Bryce Harper blocked me

Now that's some sweet Natitude!

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Amanda Comak ‏@acomak 13m
#Nats say no exchanges/refunds will be issued if you had tix for tonight's game & can't make it on Thurs. Tix only good Thurs. Sorry, guys.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I hope there is a grandstanding AG for DC or the suburbs who roasts them alive.  There probably is a disclaimer on the ticket that allows them to do this . . .

Offline HalfSmokes

I hope there is a grandstanding AG for DC or the suburbs who roasts them alive.  There probably is a disclaimer on the ticket that allows them to do this . . .

So no recourse for season ticket holders,  at least single game purchasers can try their luck disputing the charges

Offline blue911

So no recourse for season ticket holders,  at least single game purchasers can try their luck disputing the charges

Season ticket holders have a different policy. I'll call my Rep tomorrow to get the 411

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
I don't like it one bit, though STH can exchange unused tickets. Below is the mail I just got...

TONIGHT'S NATIONALS-TIGERS GAME AT NATIONALS PARK POSTPONED

Tonight's Nationals-Tigers game scheduled to begin at 7:05 p.m. at Nationals Park in Washington, D.C., has been rescheduled for Thursday, May 9 at 4:05 p.m. due to inclement weather.
Season Plan Holders, whose season plan includes seats for tonight's postponed game, will have their Card automatically activated for the May 9 contest at 4:05 p.m. Season Plan Holders who wish to transfer or forward seats for this make-up game may login to nationals.com/access to view their seats.
In the event that a seat for tonight's game was forwarded from a Season Plan Holder Card to a print at home ticket, the print at home barcode will be active for the make-up game and will not return to the Card; as such, fans should retain their print at home tickets for the 4:05 p.m. contest on May 9.
All Red Carpet Rewards tickets, Group tickets, Mini Plan tickets, Flex Pack tickets or single game tickets to tonight's postponed contest will be valid for the May 9 game at 4:05 p.m. No exchanges or refunds will be issued.
For more information, please call 202.675.NATS(6287). On gamedays, the Nationals Park Box Office is open Monday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. until 30 minutes after the end of the game, and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. until 30 minutes after the end of the game. Box office hours on non-gamedays are Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
‏@AdamKilgoreWP
I've heard from a lot of people who are pretty upset about the Nats' decision, and I can't blame them.

@AdamKilgoreWP
Nats spokesperson on tonight's ticket policy: "Due to higher demand and less capacity, we’ve had to modify our ticket policy."

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
 "Due to higher demand and less capacity, we’ve had to modify our ticket policy."

:roll:

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
"Due to higher demand and less capacity, we’ve had to modify our ticket policy."

Ticket demand for the Tigers series has prices on StubHub sitting right on that pesky $6 minimum.

Offline blue911

Stupid policy. Serves no purpose except to piss off the fan base.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Ticket demand for the weekend Cubs series is so high that the team has $5 seats on sale:

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/5series.jsp

Offline rbw5t

Seems like they're trying to solve their supply/demand imbalance by doing everything they can to reduce demand.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
"We already have your money. We need to keep things open to get other people's loot as well."  :stir:

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
After checking the policies for a number of other teams, most teams allow rain checks to be used for any remaining game, but there are a few other teams that have the same policy for only allowing the tickets to be used for the rescheduled game.  Interesting note though, is that the other teams with this policy all had over 3 million tickets sold last year.

A couple other notable policies, the Yanks allow tickets to be exchanged for any game within the next 12 months, and the Giants provide refunds instead of exchanges.  Two teams that aren't offering $5 tickets for a series against the Cubs this weekend.

Offline rbw5t

It's also worth noting that this is a departure from both general custom and Nationals past practice, and it came with no warning of the change in procedure.  People who bought tickets for tonight's game knowing it might be rained out would definitely have had the reasonable expectation that they could exchange their tickets for any future game with availability.

And the supply/demand excuse seems like BS to me -- where the demand is too high, there just won't be tickets available to exchange for (e.g., Memorial Day, Saturday Philly games, etc) .  No one complains that they can't trade in for a game that's already sold out, but there is no reason people shouldn't be able to exchange for a game with tickets remaining.

Offline DPMOmaha

I'm guessing they mean overall demand, not individual game demand.