Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 118400 times)

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Good for them for fixing this. 

Still, they thought they could get away with trying to squeeze a few extra dollars out of their own fans.  The Lerners and the people they employ to run this still have a lot to learn about how to run a baseball team. 

It seems it too often takes media scrutiny to fix some bullcrap about the team - a Boz article, lots of nagging bloggers, or whatever.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
Quote from: Washington Nationals Twitter
@Nationals 37m
#Nats fans: We care about you and we’ve heard you. As such, we’ve updated our ticket exchange options: http://atmlb.com/18ulqcX
Now they're just begging for forgiveness. Kind of sad.

Offline DPMOmaha

Isn't that what you're supposed to do when you make a mistake?  Own it, fix it, move on.  They've done that, it's actually a good sign that they can do that.  A lot of places can't/don't.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

That's not how I read that at all

We screwed up, we heard you, we're fixing it - I think that statement is fine

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
:shock:

Translation: We made a serious mistake and realize it. We're sorry. Please move on and act like none of this happened. Thanks.
The way that I read that is "We tried to pull a fast one and got caught by the fans, and more importantly, the media. We're sorry that we got caught."

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
The way that I read that is "We tried to pull a fast one and got caught by the fans, and more importantly, the media. We're sorry that we got caught."

This

"We got busted."

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
This

"We got busted."
Especially if you note that they posted the new policy yesterday afternoon...

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
This will go down in history as the "Powerboat Rebellion"

Wow, from now on I'll be sure to be less hesitant to post my opinions.

Really though, now I'm worried that in the next few days we'll hear that Rizzo's been fired and Gio suspended.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Still, they thought they could get away with trying to squeeze a few extra dollars out of their own fans. 

Lerners being sleazy? Not even an ounce of shock!

This.

Offline nats2playoffs

This will go down in history as the "Powerboat Rebellion"

"I did what had to be done."

Angel Cordero: He kicked down Cleveland door,
rescued Cleveland kidnap victims,
not Charles Ramsey. Angel speaks no English.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
'You Do What You Have to Do"
(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

Who ya gonna call?    Power Boater !!

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Feffer on with Charlie and Dave now explaining the decision.

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
They just changed their policy back to last year.   I just received an email explaining I could choose any game just like in previous years.   I guess pressure form the WNFF came through loud and clear.  Good work on your parts. 

Offline NationalHeat

When I call them, it says I have to exchange at the box office in person. Is that correct? What time do they close?

Also, I bought through scorebig, but have my tickets printed and they look normal. Will they still let me exchange?

Offline NationalHeat

bump

Any insight, guys?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
bump

Any insight, guys?

That sounds right, you need to take the ticket to the box office. I'd recommend contacting the resale site, although my guess is that it is up to you to make the exchange.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I think there is a way to do the exchange on line if your ticket is through a season plan holder.  That seemed the gist of the email I received.

Due to increased attendance at Nationals Park, "rain check" ticket holders are encouraged to contact the Nationals ticket office by phone or online to better ensure seating for those games. The Nationals apologize for any inconvenience.

Tickets for Tuesday's game may be exchanged at the Nationals Park Box Office for any Regular or Value game during the 2013 regular season.

Encouraged to do it on line, may do it at the box office.

Offline RL04

If you don't show up tomorrow and go to a later game, from your perspective you've paid once for one seat/game, but from their perspective they have given up two seats  -- (1) the empty seat Thursday, (2) the game you go to -- for a single price.

For that to really matter, I’d guess, all of the following things would have to happen:

The re-scheduled game would have to occur the next day or immediately after.

The re-rescheduled game would have to be a sell-out.

The team holds my particular seat for the re-scheduled game.

A person who really, really wanted my particular held seat decides not to buy a ticket to another game for the rest of the season.

I go to the ticket office and exchange my rained-out game ticket to some future game.

The game I select becomes a sell-out.

Some other person wants to go to a game, decides on the sell-out game that is in the future and, when being informed that the game is sold out, then decides not to buy a ticket to any remaining home games for the remainder of the season.

All those things have to happen in order for the Nationals to lose out on a sale.

The odds, obviously, of all those things happening are probably close to a billion to one and, thus, makes no logical sense.

That is why the short-lived new policy was ill thought out and why they rightly changed it back.

Side-note: I had tickets to a game last year that was rained out (the June 1 “96-trombones” game) against the Braves, which was probably close to a sell-out.  When I was back at the stadium for a another game, I exchanged the rain-out tickets to a future game that fit my schedule – by coincidence it was against the Braves again (July 22) which was a sell-out  (and we won that game).

What also doesn’t make sense:

The article in the Post today says that the team had received complaints in previous years that ticket holders weren’t able to always get as good a seat for the game they selected as for the original rained-out game.

But the ticket holder always had the option to select a different game in order to get as good a seat as they wanted.

Plus, when I selected my “replacement” game last year I asked if I could pay to get an upgraded seat and was told no.  I don’t understand that logic.  Why would the team refuse money if someone wants to buy a more expensive ticket?  I think I’ll ask the team about that.

Offline RL04

When I call them, it says I have to exchange at the box office in person. Is that correct?

Yes, that was always the case.

Since, for me to get to the stadium is a huge PITA, I just go to the ticket office near home plate when I happen to already be at a game and exchange them then.

The line is usually a little long but it moves reasonably well.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
See my avatar/subnic combo for the real reason why the Nats do things like this.

Offline Ray D

For that to really matter, I’d guess, all of the following things would have to happen:

The re-scheduled game would have to occur the next day or immediately after.

The re-rescheduled game would have to be a sell-out.

The team holds my particular seat for the re-scheduled game.

A person who really, really wanted my particular held seat decides not to buy a ticket to another game for the rest of the season.

I go to the ticket office and exchange my rained-out game ticket to some future game.

The game I select becomes a sell-out.

Some other person wants to go to a game, decides on the sell-out game that is in the future and, when being informed that the game is sold out, then decides not to buy a ticket to any remaining home games for the remainder of the season.

All those things have to happen in order for the Nationals to lose out on a sale.

The odds, obviously, of all those things happening are probably close to a billion to one and, thus, makes no logical sense.

If the game is rained out and I exchange the ticket right away - that is, before the makeup - then all is well, the team has the ticket for the  makeup and can sell it.  I understand that.   

I didn't follow your logic but I can tell you that a few years ago I had tickets to a Reds game that was rained out.  I sat out the makeup game, and traded in the tickets about a month later for a future game. So the team not only did not have the opportunity to sell the tickets to the game I didn't show up for, but I got tickets to another game without paying anything further.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
This whole ticket exchange thing is too complicated, they should have just transferred all the tickets to the game today.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Feffer interview with Julie Alexandria.  :lmao:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
:lmao:
This whole ticket exchange thing is too complicated, they should have just transferred all the tickets to the game today.

Offline NationalHeat

For you non-Spanish speakers out there: I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Rafael Soriano has his own, personal walk up song. Pretty cool.