Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 177790 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #1625: September 02, 2014, 09:09:51 PM »
Thanks.  The only lot I can pull up on Spothero in that area is at described as both as the 25 M St. SW - Lot, and 1180 Half Street SW, but it's $30 and a bit further from Nats park than "my" lot at 1620 So Capitol SE, which is $15.  Maybe he means another lot.

http://spothero.com/washington-dc/nationals-park-parking?eid=33999#facilityrates?type=daily&eid=33999&lat=38.8716147964&lng=-77.0087421217
There is a lot between the 7-11 and the fire station. Right at half street SW and M.
It's usually 20.  Sometime more on weekends or for better teams.
Private lot. Great for beating the crowds on the way out.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #1626: September 02, 2014, 11:17:30 PM »
Thanks.  The only lot I can pull up on Spothero in that area is at described as both as the 25 M St. SW - Lot, and 1180 Half Street SW, but it's $30 and a bit further from Nats park than "my" lot at 1620 So Capitol SE, which is $15.  Maybe he means another lot.

http://spothero.com/washington-dc/nationals-park-parking?eid=33999#facilityrates?type=daily&eid=33999&lat=38.8716147964&lng=-77.0087421217

No, it looks like it is the one listed as 25 M St.  Hmm. I was going to try parking there this weekend so if I do, I'll let you know.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #1627: September 05, 2014, 08:43:31 PM »
Has anyone heard anything more about the new "section" identified as Dugout Box Premier for the 2015 Season ticket renewals?  It appears as if they are significantly increasing the price for some of the rows in the sections directly behind the dugout ($100 per vs $75 per).  How many rows?  Which rows?  If I am in the last row of the new "section", is that one row delta really $25 better?  Would appreciate any insights.  Thanks -

Jesus H. Christmas! I went to do my playoff strip just now at the last possible second... and I saw my 2015 renewal. $8200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked to have a conniption this year when it went up from like $4600 to $5500ish. So, in the course of two seasons, $4600whatever it was to over $8200? That's just unconscionable. I've always said since the very first season of Nat's Park, when I first got my seat, that it was too good and insane they didn't have a separate, pricier tier for surrounding seats.

That being said, it's beyond despicable that I've now had that seat since the Park opened - a full 81-game STHer in my same seat since 2008 - and six years in, they pull this. That last year, I paid about $4600 - next year, over $8200. I don't think, all things considered, expecting a grandfathered in deal where existing, long-term, full 81 game holders cursed to fall in this new section would have been able to remain with the normal Dugout Box seats and pricing structures moving forward.

My goodness, it was obviously so shocking that it even managed to raise me from the dead. They're amazing seats, probably even worth this... but pulling this so late, after so long, and basically doubling the cost over two seasons? Where I was all excited about Playoff Madness, now I am unquestionably going to have to sell my seat for October and watch it on TV if I have any illusions of keeping it in 2015. (Here's hoping for an Orioles/Nats World Series... that'd probably take care of next year by selling only a single game.)

As it was, I was afraid buying the playoff strip would lock me in for 2015 like it did the last time we made it to October - at which point I wasn't going to even consider getting the 2014 Playoff strip. What, $2300 for that and $8200 - for just one goddamned seat - would've made that a ten grand commitment! That's getting into "cheap new car every year" territory ... for a single ticket. At least I was a bachelor in 2008 - if I were like 99.99% of folks with a pair? $16.5k a year?!?

Yeah, I've gotta feeling 2015 in my digs is going to, at the very least, find a completely different group of faces nearby... that, assuming it isn't a ghost town. Which, considering I've priced my seat on Stubhub for $85 and had it go unsold many, many times this season? (Second row, 129) Methinks they overestimate the demand folks have and are willing to pay... heck, for STHers it's $100 a game now? Well, for non-STHers, they're $150! Crazy. Apparently I was *really* stupid for not locking myself in for the five years at the same price when they offered it a couple back - I thought committing to almost $25k for five years was painful/impossible enough.

Now, after the trauma of that woke me from the dead, back to my grave/Bunker I go!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1628: September 05, 2014, 09:23:54 PM »
Two sentences, max.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1629: September 05, 2014, 09:47:41 PM »
Jesus H. Christmas! I went to do my playoff strip just now at the last possible second... and I saw my 2015 renewal. $8200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked to have a conniption this year when it went up from like $4600 to $5500ish. So, in the course of two seasons, $4600whatever it was to over $8200? That's just unconscionable. I've always said since the very first season of Nat's Park, when I first got my seat, that it was too good and insane they didn't have a separate, pricier tier for surrounding seats.

That being said, it's beyond despicable that I've now had that seat since the Park opened - a full 81-game STHer in my same seat since 2008 - and six years in, they pull this. That last year, I paid about $4600 - next year, over $8200. I don't think, all things considered, expecting a grandfathered in deal where existing, long-term, full 81 game holders cursed to fall in this new section would have been able to remain with the normal Dugout Box seats and pricing structures moving forward.

My goodness, it was obviously so shocking that it even managed to raise me from the dead. They're amazing seats, probably even worth this... but pulling this so late, after so long, and basically doubling the cost over two seasons? Where I was all excited about Playoff Madness, now I am unquestionably going to have to sell my seat for October and watch it on TV if I have any illusions of keeping it in 2015. (Here's hoping for an Orioles/Nats World Series... that'd probably take care of next year by selling only a single game.)

As it was, I was afraid buying the playoff strip would lock me in for 2015 like it did the last time we made it to October - at which point I wasn't going to even consider getting the 2014 Playoff strip. What, $2300 for that and $8200 - for just one goddamned seat - would've made that a ten grand commitment! That's getting into "cheap new car every year" territory ... for a single ticket. At least I was a bachelor in 2008 - if I were like 99.99% of folks with a pair? $16.5k a year?!?

Yeah, I've gotta feeling 2015 in my digs is going to, at the very least, find a completely different group of faces nearby... that, assuming it isn't a ghost town. Which, considering I've priced my seat on Stubhub for $85 and had it go unsold many, many times this season? (Second row, 129) Methinks they overestimate the demand folks have and are willing to pay... heck, for STHers it's $100 a game now? Well, for non-STHers, they're $150! Crazy. Apparently I was *really* stupid for not locking myself in for the five years at the same price when they offered it a couple back - I thought committing to almost $25k for five years was painful/impossible enough.

Now, after the trauma of that woke me from the dead, back to my grave/Bunker I go!

Welcome back.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1630: September 06, 2014, 08:57:17 AM »

You are in the new premium section, the first five rows behind the dugout.  I'm thinking of suggesting that my group moves down there if spots open up.  Although row 5 sure would suck to pay 25% more than row 6.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1631: September 06, 2014, 12:02:13 PM »
What's up with the Nats and the associations with man boy lovers? First they hired Mark Foley and now they seem to be adopting Elmo as an unofficial mascot.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #1632: September 06, 2014, 12:51:55 PM »
What's up with the Nats and the associations with man boy lovers? First they hired Mark Foley and now they seem to be adopting Elmo as an unofficial mascot.

(Image removed from quote.)

:lmao:  I noticed they did a little Elmo montage on the big screen last during one of the canned cheer bits.

Offline Natnat

« Reply #1633: September 07, 2014, 01:10:32 AM »
A buddy and me are thinking of getting a pair of season tickets for next year. It looks like you can't pick seats anymore online and they are just taking a $200 deposit. Does anybody know if you get any sort of postseason rights for this year if you put down that deposit?

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #1634: September 07, 2014, 04:21:06 AM »
It could be the kids like it

(Image removed from quote.)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1635: September 07, 2014, 10:10:21 AM »
A buddy and me are thinking of getting a pair of season tickets for next year. It looks like you can't pick seats anymore online and they are just taking a $200 deposit. Does anybody know if you get any sort of postseason rights for this year if you put down that deposit?

Yes you do. I believe that they'll sell you a strip of tickets for the playoffs and give you access to the presale.  The strips are a bit less over-priced than the single game tickets, but the ones they are offering now are in the outfield, so you might be better off going with single game seats or even buying them on the secondary market.  Be careful buying 41 games for next year, with all of the plans they are selling the secondary market is going to be flooded, look at the prices on StubHub, people are lucky to get half their purchase prices back.

Bottom line is that unless you can sell a block of tickets or are planning on going to at least 30 games next year you are better off buying single game seats for the playoffs.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1636: September 07, 2014, 10:13:14 AM »
It could be the kids like it

No, I think it is mostly the 20 somethings.  Elmo the character's target audience is 2-4 year olds, not a big ticket buying block. (Elmo's voice and creator's target audience is 14-16 year olds.)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1637: September 07, 2014, 11:33:38 AM »
Yes you do. I believe that they'll sell you a strip of tickets for the playoffs and give you access to the presale.  The strips are a bit less over-priced than the single game tickets, but the ones they are offering now are in the outfield, so you might be better off going with single game seats or even buying them on the secondary market.  Be careful buying 41 games for next year, with all of the plans they are selling the secondary market is going to be flooded, look at the prices on StubHub, people are lucky to get half their purchase prices back.

Bottom line is that unless you can sell a block of tickets or are planning on going to at least 30 games next year you are better off buying single game seats for the playoffs.

Or, like most of us, have a group that needs at least that many.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1638: September 07, 2014, 11:45:01 AM »
Or, like most of us, have a group that needs at least that many.

That's what I meant by a "block of tickets", someone willing to take a large portion of the plan, of course partners usually means more people wanting playoff tickets since that is the only real reason to buy a plan.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1639: September 07, 2014, 12:24:39 PM »
Winter Classic is confirmed for Nats Park.  Expect record high ticket prices and no availability for Nats fans, all tickets available locally will be distributed to Caps, Wizards, and Mystics ticket holders.  (Hey Chelsea, buddy, you're a Mystics plan holder, any chance you might have some extras?)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #1640: September 07, 2014, 12:30:54 PM »
Winter Classic is confirmed for Nats Park.  Expect record high ticket prices and no availability for Nats fans, all tickets available locally will be distributed to Caps, Wizards, and Mystics tickets.  (Hey Chelsea, buddy, you're a Mystics plan holder, any chance you might have some extras?)

Yes!

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #1641: September 07, 2014, 12:49:48 PM »
Hey now, Mystics fans weren't given a presale on One Direction tickets after all  :lol:

Winter Classic is confirmed for Nats Park.  Expect record high ticket prices and no availability for Nats fans, all tickets available locally will be distributed to Caps, Wizards, and Mystics ticket holders.  (Hey Chelsea, buddy, you're a Mystics plan holder, any chance you might have some extras?)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1642: September 07, 2014, 01:09:20 PM »
Hey now, Mystics fans weren't given a presale on One Direction tickets after all  :lol:

Monumental controls the distribution, my Nats rep told me that they don't expect to receive any tickets to sell.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #1643: September 07, 2014, 05:56:25 PM »
You are in the new premium section, the first five rows behind the dugout.  I'm thinking of suggesting that my group moves down there if spots open up.  Although row 5 sure would suck to pay 25% more than row 6.

A cursory glance didn't come up with anything the other day, but... is there any word on what *exactly* is going to be so "premium" about this ridiculousness, besides the obscene price? I mean, they can't possibly have the gall to increase the price so dramatically over some 'premium' nonsense (meaning in name only), without adding similar President/Diamond Club perks, as well... right...?

Likewise, Googling didn't come up with anything. If nothing else, they've got to add padded seats like other 'Premium' sections. Right...?

If not, I suspect your group moving down is going to find itself with a lot of free space nearby to stretch out. I think of folks close to me who have four seats there... they might all be crazy, crazy rich, but that's still $33k a year - when it had been only $18-20k previously. Obviously, for groups/partners it's a totally different situation. But most folks I know down there? They're hardcore fans, folks without partners, who come to 70-81 games per season. For most normal people, $8200 per seat per season × 2-4+... I don't see them being there next year.

The number of games I had go unsold at $80-90 on Stubhub this season alone is nauseating to me. In August especially - something like 8-9 games priced at $80-90 went without a single bite/sell. Then again, for the Shania Twain post-gsme concert, it sold for $250. My point: It's a very, very unsteady demand/tolerance for paying $$$ for these seats. For the "events"? You can almost name your price. For 9 out of 10 'normal' games, nobody's willing to pay a premium (read: even less than the STH price per game next season) whatsoever.

As I said last time, here's hoping for a run to the WS this October. Putting just Game 3 up, it'll probably be enough to take care of a season or two worth. A blank check almost there, and yet folks don't nibble at $80 for an August Saturday or Sunday game. Frustrating, to say the least.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1644: September 07, 2014, 06:20:51 PM »
Likewise, Googling didn't come up with anything. If nothing else, they've got to add padded seats like other 'Premium' sections. Right...?

They are calling the new pricing section "Dugout Box Premier", $100 for full season plan holders and $150 for single games.  No extra benes.  My guess is that most of the current plan holders will grumble and renew because they don't want to lose their spots and that the team is perfectly happy to have a bunch of $150+service charge seats available for any given game. As I think about it, why upgrade because I'll have plenty of chances to move down to open spots next year.  Of course I'll be screwed in a couple years when they expand this area to ten rows behind the dugout.

If you do renew I need your contact info for next year, I'd like to check out the view from down there for a game or two.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1645: September 07, 2014, 09:23:21 PM »
Collie - welcome back.  We were worried.  Sort of sounds like a role reversal, but it's been said more than a few times.  And 2 sentences, max.

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #1646: September 08, 2014, 11:31:51 AM »
Question, guys: is there anything special to the Red Porch seats? Do you get a food voucher included, or just the perk of ordering from the restaurant and sitting in your seat?

Offline blue911

« Reply #1647: September 08, 2014, 02:23:55 PM »
Question, guys: is there anything special to the Red Porch seats? Do you get a food voucher included, or just the perk of ordering from the restaurant and sitting in your seat?

You get to bask in the greatness of Galah which should be enough for any mortal.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1648: September 08, 2014, 05:05:48 PM »
In honor of the new sign with the "N-A-T-S Nats, Nats, Nats, Woo" chant, I've written an equally original song to sing at Nats Park:

Fly, Nationals fly, on the road to victory,
Fight Nationals fight, score some runs one-two-three.
Hit 'em far,
Hit 'em out,
And watch our Nationals fly.
Fly, Nationals fly, on the road to victory!
N-A-T-S, Nationals!

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #1649: September 08, 2014, 07:28:34 PM »
In honor of the new sign with the "N-A-T-S Nats, Nats, Nats, Woo" chant, I've written an equally original song to sing at Nats Park:

Fly, Nationals fly, on the road to victory,
Fight Nationals fight, score some runs one-two-three.
Hit 'em far,
Hit 'em out,
And watch our Nationals fly.
Fly, Nationals fly, on the road to victory!
N-A-T-S, Nationals!
I knew you had to be an Iggles fan.