Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 439226 times)

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #925: July 02, 2009, 03:48:13 PM »
Good to have you 'round, especially given your having attended every home game for 34 consecutive years!   ;)  I'm with you on that one.

Ok, step away from the bottle. He didn't say he attended every home game for 34 consecutive years.  :rofl:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #926: July 02, 2009, 03:51:27 PM »
Ok, step away from the bottle. He didn't say he attended every home game for 34 consecutive years.  :rofl:

Well, there were only two home games during that span.  September '71-April 2005.  Unless you count the Mets exhibition game, which I also attended, which makes a total of 3 games. 

Besides, it's a rare pleasure to be getting into the bottle this early....

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #927: July 02, 2009, 03:52:57 PM »
Besides, it's a rare pleasure to be getting into the bottle this early....

We can tell.  ;)

Natural

« Reply #928: July 06, 2009, 07:57:01 PM »
alex from radford va...i watch everygame i can and have been to over 20 games since the team came to dc...go nats!!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #929: July 06, 2009, 07:57:53 PM »
alex from radford va...i watch everygame i can and have been to over 20 games since the team came to dc...go nats!!

There's a few noisy Radford alums on this board :) Welcome.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #930: July 06, 2009, 08:31:59 PM »
There's a few noisy Radford alums on this board :) Welcome.

Aha, you reminded me of another Nats fan I met, Radfordman.

Offline bklynnats

« Reply #931: July 10, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »
Hello! I lurk just about every day at work, so I figured I might as well sign up finally  :-[

I'm a lady!fan up in Brooklyn. Still have never been to Nats Park  :( But I have my Extra Innings so I can watch as many games as possible. Don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing...

Proud JMU Alum. Nice to meetcha! Go Nats!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #932: July 10, 2009, 06:26:07 PM »
Welcome! :clap:

Offline saltydad

« Reply #933: July 11, 2009, 02:42:56 PM »
And nice to meetcha too, bklynnats. Good to know we have friends in the land of the BQE.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #934: July 11, 2009, 11:20:53 PM »
Hello! I lurk just about every day at work, so I figured I might as well sign up finally  :-[
I'm a lady!fan up in Brooklyn. Still have never been to Nats Park  :( But I have my Extra Innings so I can watch as many games as possible. Don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing...
Proud JMU Alum. Nice to meetcha! Go Nats!
My sister graduated from Madison.  If you're in Brooklyn, then you MUST know:

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #935: July 12, 2009, 03:41:07 AM »
Welcome Bklyn!  Nice to Meetcha too! 

Where in Bklyn?  My Mom grew up there but never made it to a Dodgers game.  I must take after my Dad, because ever since he took me to my first Senators game, I was hooked!

Offline bklynnats

« Reply #936: July 12, 2009, 05:24:02 PM »
Welcome Bklyn!  Nice to Meetcha too! 

Where in Bklyn?  My Mom grew up there but never made it to a Dodgers game.  I must take after my Dad, because ever since he took me to my first Senators game, I was hooked!

I'm in the Williamsburg/Greenpoint area. Northeast part of Brooklyn :) It's a nice place to live. I'm a little further east, so it's not the most convenient spot to catch a subway. But I can still get to work in 45 minutes if the buses are running. Can't complain about that.

Thanks for the welcome, all!

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #937: July 19, 2009, 08:01:36 PM »
Hi all.  I'm pretty new to this board and have already posted a couple of times.  I'm a DC born, NoVA bred fan of all DC-based sports teams.  I went to high school in Arlington, and the only other Virginia school I have graduated from is William & Mary.  I was 10 when the Senators II left in 1971 and had Nats season tickets, with my brothers and brother-in-law, from 2005 through 2008.  However, we just decided there was no real advantage to having those tickets any longer so we did not renew for 2009.  I really like this board and plan to read and occasionally contribute for a long time.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #938: July 19, 2009, 09:01:48 PM »
Welcome, Gleason2.  Are you "Gleason" from the MLB board?

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #939: July 19, 2009, 10:13:31 PM »
Yeah, I'm the same guy, Tom.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #940: July 19, 2009, 10:44:04 PM »
Welcome to the Zimmm free zone.

Although for now, one of his alter egos is allowed to post, but barely.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #941: July 20, 2009, 04:55:09 AM »
Welcome Gleason!

I was about the same age when the Senators 2 left also!  Some fans around here are such rookies!

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #942: July 20, 2009, 08:59:19 AM »
Hi all.  I'm pretty new to this board and have already posted a couple of times.  I'm a DC born, NoVA bred fan of all DC-based sports teams.  I went to high school in Arlington, and the only other Virginia school I have graduated from is William & Mary.  I was 10 when the Senators II left in 1971 and had Nats season tickets, with my brothers and brother-in-law, from 2005 through 2008.  However, we just decided there was no real advantage to having those tickets any longer so we did not renew for 2009.  I really like this board and plan to read and occasionally contribute for a long time.

howdy

Offline Blingon

« Reply #943: July 20, 2009, 09:00:04 AM »
Hello from Raleigh, NC - home of the blacked out games!

Been a fan since day 1, and was a 20 game plan holder for the first three years.  Watched every game I could, either at home or in person.  Moved to Raleigh, NC just over a year ago and can only catch a few games since we are blacked out down here, even through Time Warner refuses to carry them.  I can't get DirecTV where I live, so I only watch them when I can convince a bartender to turn off the Yanks or Sawx games in favor of Marlins/Nationals.  I am going to be able to get ATT TV service (much like Fios up there) hopefully soon'ish, so maybe that will change.

Not a huge poster, but you will see me in game threads on games I can actually watch :)

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #944: July 20, 2009, 09:04:49 AM »
Hello from Raleigh, NC - home of the blacked out games!

Been a fan since day 1, and was a 20 game plan holder for the first three years.  Watched every game I could, either at home or in person.  Moved to Raleigh, NC just over a year ago and can only catch a few games since we are blacked out down here, even through Time Warner refuses to carry them.  I can't get DirecTV where I live, so I only watch them when I can convince a bartender to turn off the Yanks or Sawx games in favor of Marlins/Nationals.  I am going to be able to get ATT TV service (much like Fios up there) hopefully soon'ish, so maybe that will change.

Not a huge poster, but you will see me in game threads on games I can actually watch :)

Hilarious name. Seems like Time Warner may actually be worse than Comcast :shock:

Offline fredhits

« Reply #945: July 26, 2009, 12:24:54 PM »
Hi- been in DC area about a year now and while not a Nats fan I have been to enough games where I feel the need to have a place to talk about the team without other people giving me weird looks and baseball in general

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #946: July 26, 2009, 12:33:26 PM »
Hi- been in DC area about a year now and while not a Nats fan I have been to enough games where I feel the need to have a place to talk about the team without other people giving me weird looks and baseball in general

Nobody will give you wierd looks here.  All of us have to slightly askew to continue to beat our heads against the wall, night after night.  At least, you can't be accused of being a bandwagoner.   :lol:

Are you a former 'spos fan?

Offline fredhits

« Reply #947: July 26, 2009, 01:25:28 PM »
no actually i just like the expos logo and saw it in the logo options the webpage offers- im originally from the philly area so i am a life long phillies fan

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #948: July 26, 2009, 06:16:45 PM »

Welcome Fred!  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline thurdl01

« Reply #949: July 27, 2009, 04:41:37 PM »
Oh, hey, there's an introduction thread.  Hi, people I'm already engaging in debate with.  *waves*