Author Topic: zim, bryce, hockey and DC loyalty  (Read 1016 times)

Offline miller10

zim, bryce, hockey and DC loyalty
« Topic Start: October 01, 2019, 02:03:54 PM »
Are any of the Caps players coming to swing bats in Nats jerseys?

The opposite of Harper showing up to the Stanley Cup Finals in a Vegas Jersey (because he group up rooting for that team right?).

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: zim, bryce, hockey and DC loyalty
« Reply #1: October 01, 2019, 02:08:22 PM »
The opposite of Harper showing up to the Stanley Cup Finals in a Vegas Jersey (because he group up rooting for that team right?).

Well he grew up in Vegas.

Honestly, of all the things that Nats fans crap on him for, that one is the one I understand the least. He grew up in Las Vegas. That's his home town. So yea, when they finally get professional sports team, I'm totally okay with him being a fan, even when they play DC. I'm sorry, no one here grew up a Nationals fan. But here we are, adopting them as our team, none of us growing up rooting for them.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #2: October 01, 2019, 02:09:31 PM »
Yup. He's... socially inept, but Vegas is his hometown and I'd expect him to support that team.

Honestly, of all the things that Nats fans crap on him for, that one is the one I understand the least. He grew up in Las Vegas. That's his home town. So yea, when they finally get professional sports team, I'm totally okay with him being a fan, even when they play DC. I'm sorry, no one here grew up a Nationals fan. But here we are, adopting them as our team, none of us growing up rooting for them.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #3: October 01, 2019, 02:15:42 PM »

Self awareness is a concept lost on Harper and you.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #4: October 01, 2019, 02:17:36 PM »
:crackup:  the irony

Offline miller10

« Reply #5: October 01, 2019, 02:19:43 PM »
The issue I had with Harper is the lack or recognition of what Washington fans had been through with the Caps.  Show a bit of respect for the city who supports you (I would not have minded if he would have grown up a Vegas hockey fan but that was probably his first ever Vegas NHL game).  It just showed that he wasn't that committed to being here.  Be interesting if he did that in Philly.

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
« Reply #6: October 01, 2019, 02:24:20 PM »
The issue I had with Harper is the lack or recognition of what Washington fans had been through with the Caps.  Show a bit of respect for the city who supports you (I would not have minded if he would have grown up a Vegas hockey fan but that was probably his first ever Vegas NHL game).  It just showed that he wasn't that committed to being here.  Be interesting if he did that in Philly.
The issue I have with Harper is that he was treated like a KING for seven frickin' years.  No gratitude whatsoever. 

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #7: October 01, 2019, 02:26:45 PM »
The issue I have with Harper is that he was treated like a KING for seven frickin' years.  No gratitude whatsoever.

Zimm has been treated like a King since 2005 and doesn't give a crap about the fans either...

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8: October 01, 2019, 02:31:54 PM »
Zimm has been treated like a King since 2005 and doesn't give a crap about the fans either...

You saw what jersey he was wearing at the Verizon Center though, huh?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #9: October 01, 2019, 02:32:50 PM »

I'll never understand the hatred for Zimm.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #10: October 01, 2019, 02:34:04 PM »

WTF! He had no obligation to acknowledge that crap. Nor did I view his wearing the Vegas sweater as disrespectful to the Capitals' fanbase.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #11: October 01, 2019, 02:35:36 PM »
You saw what jersey he was wearing at the Verizon Center though, huh?

He's a Virginia native...was he supposed to rep Vegas?

He couldn't give 2 craps about the fans...it always about Zimm...just like Royce...

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #12: October 01, 2019, 02:35:56 PM »

Whoa, what about the field he donated on So. Cap. St?

Offline miller10

« Reply #13: October 01, 2019, 02:36:08 PM »

WTF! He had no obligation to acknowledge that crap. Nor did I view his wearing the Vegas sweater as disrespectful to the Capitals' fanbase.

Says the Nats fan with the Bears avatar.  Edit, I'll give you that he no obligation to "acknowledge that crap" but it sure would have shown a level of respect to do it.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #14: October 01, 2019, 02:37:31 PM »
Says the Nats fan with the Bears avatar. 

:?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15: October 01, 2019, 02:38:03 PM »
He's a Virginia native...was he supposed to rep Vegas?

He couldn't give 2 craps about the fans...it always about Zimm...just like Royce...

What is this based on? Making money we don't think he should?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #16: October 01, 2019, 02:39:01 PM »

I don't know those details or who paid for what.  He likely had F.H. Furr pay for it for all we know.  It has his name on it...but as far as that goes, pretty isolated gesture after 15 years...

...and Royce "Donated" 2 fields...

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #17: October 01, 2019, 02:40:00 PM »
What is this based on? Making money we don't think he should?

It's a mindfact based upon watching his interactions...it has nothing to do with the money he has been stealing...

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #18: October 01, 2019, 02:40:28 PM »

Say what? Note the name of that field as you take the exit onto South Capitol Street. It's Ryan Zimmerman Field. He contributed that to the community. And the Zims Foundation. And much more.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #19: October 01, 2019, 02:40:54 PM »
Says the Nats fan with the Bears avatar.  Edit, I'll give you that he no obligation to "acknowledge that crap" but it sure would have shown a level of respect to do it.

Spider lost an avatar bet with me.  I'm the Bears fan...

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #20: October 01, 2019, 02:45:15 PM »
It's a mindfact based upon watching his interactions...it has nothing to do with the money he has been stealing...

It's totally made up and based on your strange hate for him.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #21: October 01, 2019, 02:46:24 PM »

The ball field, swimming pool, hoops, etc (that whole city block) have been there for decades and are under the DC parks dept.  He obviously purtied up the ball field and put a nice sign up (with his name on it) I'm assuming with his money. It's a nice gesture and I applaud him for it.  BTW, I used to play on that field back in the day. :crackup:

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #22: October 01, 2019, 02:48:48 PM »
I don't know those details or who paid for what.  He likely had F.H. Furr pay for it for all we know.  It has his name on it...but as far as that goes, pretty isolated gesture after 15 years...

...and Royce "Donated" 2 fields...

A cool million for UVA.
https://www.nbc29.com/story/31369119/ryan-zimmerman-donates-1-million-to-uva-baseball

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #23: October 01, 2019, 02:51:14 PM »

Zimm is not the personality type to showboat and bring unneccessary attention to himself. He is ,if anything, a quiet leader who leads by example . I just don't believe he is a rah-rah guy on the field or clubhouse. 

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #24: October 01, 2019, 02:55:40 PM »
It's totally made up and based on your strange hate for him.

I don't get it.  All I know is that he was nice to my kids at P-Nats games when we asked for his autograph, and his foundation responded to my request for letters congratulating my kids for earning Eagle Scout and sent each of them a hand-signed letter.