Author Topic: Nationals vs Dodgers, Game 1  (Read 12309 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Nationals vs Dodgers, Game 1
« Reply #425: July 26, 2019, 10:36:52 PM »
11 out of 13.  :shock:

11 out of 13 what?

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #426: July 26, 2019, 10:36:52 PM »
NY probably made that call.

Then that's a stupid call or a crappy rule. How is the guy supposed to slide if the catcher is standing right behind the plate with his full gear on. He would kill himself because his momentum would take him into the wall that is the catcher with gear hunkered down.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #427: July 26, 2019, 10:38:10 PM »
Then that's a stupid call or a crappy rule. How is the guy supposed to slide if the catcher is standing right behind the plate with his full gear on. He would kill himself because his momentum would take him into the wall that is the catcher with gear hunkered down.

I'd like to know the explanation the ump gave to dave.     Maybe someone will ask him in the post game.

Online nfotiu

« Reply #428: July 26, 2019, 10:39:10 PM »
Gotta hit that ball though. Besides, the umps didnt cost the Nats the game. The Nats did. They had chances and didnt cash in. The Dodgers cashed in theirs. That's why they're the best team in baseball.
Hit what ball?  The ones above his head that are all of a sudden strikes that he's giving to their closer on the ropes who can't hit any location.  That was the most dishonest AB I've seen an ump have in years.

The other stuff you say may be true, but the ump bailed out their reeling closer so he could home and should never work again at this level.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #429: July 26, 2019, 10:39:23 PM »
I'd like to know the explanation the ump gave to dave.     Maybe someone will ask him in the post game.

Did Dave even go out to ask for an explanation?

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #430: July 26, 2019, 10:40:04 PM »
Hit what ball?  The ones above his head that are all of a sudden strikes that he's giving to their closer on the ropes who can't hit any location.  That was the most dishonest AB I've seen an ump have in years.

The other stuff you say may be true, but the ump bailed out their reeling closer so he could home and should never work again at this level.

Effin truth. Slate is being slate again.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #431: July 26, 2019, 10:41:19 PM »
Did Dave even go out to ask for an explanation?

The ump called him out.

Online nfotiu

« Reply #432: July 26, 2019, 10:42:42 PM »
Parra needed to barrel in there to make them make a call.  Dancing around the plate, getting tagged and not getting the plate made it easy on them.  I'm sure Parra is not processing all that in the .5 seconds he had to decide what to do, but I think players need to be coached to go in hard if it looks like the catcher is blocking it all.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #433: July 26, 2019, 10:42:58 PM »
I can't listen to Kalko or Porter. They suck.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #434: July 26, 2019, 10:43:06 PM »

There were other hittable pitches in that at bat. Howie just didnt get it done. Which is basically the Nats all night, with the exception of Sanchez and Parra.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #435: July 26, 2019, 10:44:15 PM »
Parra needed to barrel in there to make them make a call.  Dancing around the plate, getting tagged and not getting the plate made it easy on them.  I'm sure Parra is not processing all that in the .5 seconds he had to decide what to do, but I think players need to be coached to go in hard if it looks like the catcher is blocking it all.
I'd rather Parra not get hurt

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #436: July 26, 2019, 10:44:39 PM »
And Howie fails us

No...Martinez failed "us."

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #437: July 26, 2019, 10:44:59 PM »

Right again. He should have just knocked the crap out of him and then let them make the call. If that's the rule then I'm coaching every cacher to sit behind the plate with the ball and let the runners run around me.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #438: July 26, 2019, 10:45:35 PM »
I'd rather Parra not get hurt

You're missing the point.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #439: July 26, 2019, 10:47:35 PM »
I will take away the positive. Sanchez has been unreal since coming off the IL. We should know call our SP studs the Big Four.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #440: July 26, 2019, 10:48:06 PM »
All Parra had to do was slide per dave.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #441: July 26, 2019, 10:50:18 PM »
Davey said the ump said if Parra slid he would have called obstruction and he was safe. That doesn't make any effing sense.

Davey also said "how is he supposed to slide when the catcher is blocking the plate?"

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #442: July 26, 2019, 10:51:09 PM »
After looking at the replay he definitely needed to slide. There was room. Still might have been tagged but he had a better chance.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #443: July 26, 2019, 10:51:09 PM »

freak Martinez...

Offline Slateman

« Reply #444: July 26, 2019, 10:51:29 PM »
No...Martinez failed "us."
So true ....

Offline mitlen

« Reply #445: July 26, 2019, 10:51:37 PM »
freak Martinez...

That's what the ump told him.    But freak him anyway.    :)

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #446: July 26, 2019, 10:51:59 PM »
WTF is RDG's buddy doin'?

Fill me in - I’m curious...

I didn’t get to see the game so I’m looking back at it  online. Looks like the offense blew a few good chances and the bullpen imploded - pretty much like the first two months of the season. What purpose does Sipp serve if he can’t get lefties out? It’s one thing if they get a hit and beat you but when you issue a walk to the first and beat yourself, there’s no excuse - especially when it appears the ump had a strike zone the size of the state of Wyoming. This looked like a winnable game.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #447: July 26, 2019, 10:52:17 PM »
After looking at the replay he definitely needed to slide. There was room. Still might have been tagged but he had a better chance.

Davey also said "how is he supposed to slide when the catcher is blocking the plate?"

You runk a serious risk of injury is you slide right into the catcher's gear.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #448: July 26, 2019, 10:52:24 PM »
What did the mental midget say about bringing in Barraclaufh?

Offline mitlen

« Reply #449: July 26, 2019, 10:52:32 PM »

...  and NY could have overturned an out call.