Author Topic: Wild Card watch  (Read 32368 times)

Offline Scrapple

Re: Wild Card watch
« Reply #600: September 28, 2019, 07:17:53 AM »
Everything is clicking and going our way heading towards the Playoffs except our #3 and #4 hitters that have just 15 hits in their last 94 AB’s (.170).  :shock:

Soto hasn’t been in a slump since arriving here two years ago yet now appears to be guessing and talking to himself at the plate. During one AB last night Soto stood motionless watching two fastballs, belt high, go right down the middle without even moving the bat off his shoulder.
:wtf:

GEEEEEEEESH!!!
The only way Soto comes out of this slump/funk by Tuesday is by burning SEVERAL incense sticks. For Soto I recommend the Cinnamon flavor that will help with him getting his timing back. For Rendon I recommend the WILDBERRY flavor sticks that will add polish to your smile and bring back power to your stroke.
**note** For EXTRA EFFECT always burn two incense sticks at a time with one stick always burning towards the sunrise - “a new day”.

Let’s go Naaaaaaaaats! Let’s go Naaaaaaaaats! Let’s go Naaaaaaaaats!

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #601: September 28, 2019, 08:07:35 AM »
So to cut to the chase here - if the Nats split the last 2 games will that get us the home game on Tuesday???
Yes.   One more win by us or one loss by brewers or 2 losses by cards gets us home field Tuesday

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #602: September 28, 2019, 08:37:33 AM »
Yes.   One more win by us or one loss by brewers or 2 losses by cards gets us home field Tuesday

:thumbs:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #603: September 28, 2019, 09:13:18 AM »
So to cut to the chase here - if the Nats split the last 2 games will that get us the home game on Tuesday???

Yes.

Offline tenken627

« Reply #604: September 28, 2019, 10:46:54 AM »
Also a heads up, Ryan Braun is to undergo a MRI on his calf today after straining it in the 1st inning yesterday. Could be out for the last 2 games for the Brewers and possibly the WC game.

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #605: September 28, 2019, 11:06:32 AM »
Play everyone today and get the win then we can rest everyone tomorrow. Hopefully rendon and Soto can show some life at the plate.

Offline blue911

« Reply #606: September 28, 2019, 12:32:59 PM »
Play everyone today and get the win then we can rest everyone tomorrow. Hopefully rendon and Soto can show some life at the plate.

Last 7 games Rendon has an OBP of .424, Soto .387. They’re getting crap on. Bat Howie or Cabrera 5 and the other 6.

Offline Scrapple

« Reply #607: September 28, 2019, 12:41:41 PM »
Monday is a rest day so I would at minimum play the regulars 5 innings both days to stay in their routine. It also gives Soto some extra at-bats to figure out what he needs to do to right the ship.

Let’s go Naaaaaaaaats!

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #608: September 28, 2019, 12:52:09 PM »
Monday is a rest day so I would at minimum play the regulars 5 innings both days to stay in their routine. It also gives Soto some extra at-bats to figure out what he needs to do to right the ship.

Let’s go Naaaaaaaaats!

This makes zero sense. People need rest. If Soto continues to get on base 40 percent of time, I’ll take it.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #609: September 28, 2019, 01:10:11 PM »
I'd like to see RZ at 1st, at least 1 of these 2 games

Offline Scrapple

« Reply #610: September 28, 2019, 01:11:16 PM »
This makes zero sense. People need rest. If Soto continues to get on base 40 percent of time, I’ll take it.
We have coasted into the Playoffs before “resting our guys” and been eliminated each time. If you think Soto isn’t in a funk you’re certainly not watching the same games I am. I would keep them all in their routine for at least 5 innings both days with hopes Soto builds some confidence with a few knocks.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #611: September 28, 2019, 02:09:21 PM »
We have coasted into the Playoffs before “resting our guys” and been eliminated each time. If you think Soto isn’t in a funk you’re certainly not watching the same games I am. I would keep them all in their routine for at least 5 innings both days with hopes Soto builds some confidence with a few knocks.

Taking one day off is a lot different than “coasting into the playoffs.” Maybe Soto is in a funk because he’s played many games in a row. There is lots of data that rest helps performance. This isn’t the 70s

Soto is obviously in a bit of a funk. But the point is his eye and disciple are still there.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #612: September 28, 2019, 03:50:46 PM »
Oh good, theres a "bug" going around the clubhouse

Offline Scrapple

« Reply #613: September 28, 2019, 04:03:07 PM »
Taking one day off is a lot different than “coasting into the playoffs.” Maybe Soto is in a funk because he’s played many games in a row. There is lots of data that rest helps performance. This isn’t the 70s

Soto is obviously in a bit of a funk. But the point is his eye and disciple are still there.
You said, “people need rest”. Yes they do, within reason. People are also creatures of habit and if you take them out of their routine you’re asking for trouble.
Soto had a day off, he’ll get another day off on Monday, and he’ll have another day off on Wednesday if we/the Nationals win on Tuesday. He certainly doesn’t need additional time off today or tomorrow while trying to play through a slump. If I were the manager 😎 I would play the regulars at least 5 innings both days to keep them in their routine.
We have coasted into the Playoffs with “well rested players” before and struggled mightily with our bats while being eliminated every time yet, “this makes zero sense” to you???

Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.  :cheers:

Let’s go Naaaaaaaaats! Let’s go Naaaaaaaaats! Let’s go Naaaaaaaaats!

Offline Air Desmond

« Reply #614: September 28, 2019, 07:35:56 PM »
Nats handled business this week. Earned homefield for Tuesday night. I’ll be there! This team has what it takes to win in October. A win Tuesday could propel them on a magical run.

Offline Air Desmond

« Reply #615: September 28, 2019, 07:44:53 PM »
What’s the story with metro? Will they stay open later Tuesday night?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #616: September 28, 2019, 08:01:14 PM »

:lmao:

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #617: September 28, 2019, 08:57:33 PM »
Cards getting crushed by Cubs.   Funny they could take turns ruining each other's years.   Tie breaker is looking more realistic all the time, or maybe we'll just get the Cards.

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #618: September 28, 2019, 09:07:05 PM »
Gio perfect through 4. I guess we don’t get to see him Tuesday. 

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
« Reply #619: September 28, 2019, 09:22:54 PM »
You'd think after spending 6 1/2 seasons here there would be more Gio fans out there.   

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
« Reply #620: September 28, 2019, 09:26:12 PM »
Would someone please slip Muriel Bowser a $20 bill?

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #621: September 28, 2019, 09:30:42 PM »
Oh, it's the other Gonzalez who was perfect.... never mind.  Gio still hasn't allowed a run through 4 and are now leading 1-0

Offline stanleycaps98

• I root for the laundry
« Reply #622: September 28, 2019, 09:48:34 PM »
Would someone please slip Muriel Bowser a $20 bill?

WMATA has nothing to do with the Mayor. The person you need to complain to is Mr. Lerner.

Offline GNatsNoMore

« Reply #623: September 28, 2019, 10:14:21 PM »
Cards are losing and Brewers are winning, so if nothing changes, they'll be tied at the end of tonight.  So if they're still tied after tomorrow, do they play a game to decide the division winner on Monday, and the loser comes here Tuesday?  (They wouldn't move the wild card game back a day?)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #624: September 28, 2019, 10:15:04 PM »
Cards are losing and Brewers are winning, so if nothing changes, they'll be tied at the end of tonight.  So if they're still tied after tomorrow, do they play a game to decide the division winner on Monday, and the loser comes here Tuesday?  (They wouldn't move the wild card game back a day?)
Yep