Author Topic: Follow the prospects: Jake Noll, IF  (Read 3284 times)

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Re: Follow the prospects: Jake Noll, IF
« Reply #50: October 03, 2021, 12:38:04 PM »
Kieboom career OPS at AAA: .864
Noll: .788

Kieboom, AA: .721
Noll: .687

Kieboom A+: .880
Noll: .768

You can keep going, but theres really no argument to be made. Kieboom has outhit Noll at every level of the minors

You are literally picking without reading. Sensible research goes from evidence to conclusions. You have gone from an unreasonable affection for Kieboom to your conclusions. Noll outhit in 2018 and 2021. Kieboom had one good season in AAA, and flopped in the majors and back at AAA this season. The Nats gave him another chance in the majors, this season, and he flopped yet again. Noll out hit Kieboom by a lot this season at Rochester. Literally.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #51: October 03, 2021, 02:25:54 PM »
You are literally picking without reading. Sensible research goes from evidence to conclusions. You have gone from an unreasonable affection for Kieboom to your conclusions. Noll outhit in 2018 and 2021. Kieboom had one good season in AAA, and flopped in the majors and back at AAA this season. The Nats gave him another chance in the majors, this season, and he flopped yet again. Noll out hit Kieboom by a lot this season at Rochester. Literally.
No, you're just picking whatever suits your whims.

Throughout their minor league careers, Carter Kieboom has been a significantly better hitter than Jake Noll.

Oh and by the way, Kieboom posted a 149 wRC+ in Single A in 2018, and a 102 wRC+ in Double A. Jake Noll hit 130 in Single A and 91 in Double A. So even in your cherry picked year, he didn't.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #52: October 03, 2021, 04:05:49 PM »
It's wrong to compare Noll year-to-year with Kieboom because Noll is 2.5 years older than Kieboom. In that 2018 season, Noll was old for the league (24 in A+) and Kieboom young. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53: October 03, 2021, 04:09:20 PM »
By the way, while baseball views older guys in the minors as not worth promoting, we all know there are examples when this bites teams in the butt.  We have a bad major league roster right now.  Rolling the dice on Noll isn't the worst thing in the world as a backup infielder and letting him win more time.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #54: April 18, 2022, 09:27:54 PM »
Couple weeks in and Jake Noll has a .900+ OPS and is tied for 1st in the minor leagues in XBH. I expect he will spend next few years being a Rochester Red Wings recreating Bull Durham.

But it's really likely this year the Nationals will be be moving some corner infielders and outfielders either at the trade deadline or to the bench. If he has an OPS north of .800 after the sell off, I'd like to see him get some burn. He won't. But I'd like to see it.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #55: April 19, 2022, 10:04:17 AM »
By the way, while baseball views older guys in the minors as not worth promoting, we all know there are examples when this bites teams in the butt.  We have a bad major league roster right now.  Rolling the dice on Noll isn't the worst thing in the world as a backup infielder and letting him win more time.

Well, they finally gave Yadiel Hernandez some real MLB time...

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #56: April 19, 2022, 10:21:17 AM »
Well, they finally gave Yadiel Hernandez some real MLB time...
Seriously. I know it isn't an apples to apples comparison since Hernandez defected late and Noll hasn't hit like Yadiel Hernandez did in 2019, but if 2020 wasn't a weird season where the Nationals were hot garbage, you know he probably never gets a chance in 2021 Spring Training to rake. Now we have a guy who is a solid backup.

But give Jake Noll some burn this season. Maybe we find a cost controlled corner backup bat over bringing in guys like Maikel Franco and Jordy Mercer.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #57: June 06, 2022, 11:00:18 AM »
I'm nearing the point where I'll be selling my years old stock.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #58: June 06, 2022, 11:22:11 AM »
I'm nearing the point where I'll be selling my years old stock.
So you still have an old black and white tv also?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #59: August 02, 2022, 02:52:07 PM »
Someday there's going to be a heck of a baseball movie made about Jake Noll. Once again he doesn't get the call.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #60: August 02, 2022, 02:53:07 PM »
Someday there's going to be a heck of a baseball movie made about Jake Noll. Once again he doesn't get the call.
Poor guy raked last year when this was the year he could have made it up.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #61: August 12, 2022, 10:38:02 AM »
OPS over .800 in July. August not great so far, but did homer last night.

If they think it is too early for Jake Alu, the other Jake should be on the Major League roster over Cesar Hernandez.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #62: August 12, 2022, 11:11:04 AM »
OPS over .800 in July. August not great so far, but did homer last night.

If they think it is too early for Jake Alu, the other Jake should be on the Major League roster over Cesar Hernandez.

Drop Franco. That money is spent and he is useless now and futureless. Knoll deserves a chance, even if he hasn't played much 3B this season.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63: August 12, 2022, 11:37:06 AM »
Drop Franco. That money is spent and he is useless now and futureless. Knoll deserves a chance, even if he hasn't played much 3B this season.
While Franco may be the next to go, more than likely that'll be to make room for Abrams, I think.  Valdes would be an option, too.

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #64: August 12, 2022, 11:49:57 AM »
While Franco may be the next to go, more than likely that'll be to make room for Abrams, I think.  Valdes would be an option, too.

As with Clippard most of the season, there are some people they just seem to be dead set against ever bringing up.

Offline imref

« Reply #65: August 17, 2022, 09:33:18 AM »
Jake Noll to the 60-day IL with a broken finger. Tough break for the guy (literally).

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #66: August 17, 2022, 09:54:56 AM »
Jake Noll to the 60-day IL with a broken finger. Tough break for the guy (literally).
Guessing we've seen his last AB as a member of this organization. He needs a new start if he has any hope of another cup of coffee.

Offline imref

« Reply #67: August 17, 2022, 09:55:57 AM »
Guessing we've seen his last AB as a member of this organization. He needs a new start if he has any hope of another cup of coffee.

I'm sure he'll get another shot at AAA next year.  It's not like we have a lot of depth at 1B in the organization.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68: August 17, 2022, 11:31:54 AM »
Somebody probably can explain this, but it seems a bit luck of the draw and timing that Michael Chavis is in MLB and Noll isn't. I'm sure there's a numbers justification as soon as I open their player pages on some site, but it does seem a bit of opportunity and timing.

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #69: August 17, 2022, 11:58:28 AM »
Somebody probably can explain this, but it seems a bit luck of the draw and timing that Michael Chavis is in MLB and Noll isn't. I'm sure there's a numbers justification as soon as I open their player pages on some site, but it does seem a bit of opportunity and timing.

You actually have to bring the guy up at some point, and it seems like they have had ample opportunities with this excuse for a roster to do so

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #70: August 17, 2022, 01:40:22 PM »
He struggled in an awful 2020 and they never gave him another shot. Zero reason he shouldn't have been given burn last season. Minor leaguers are in the minors for a reason, but Meneses and Yadiel Hernandez have shown why you should give guys a shot if they're hitting well.

Offline imref

« Reply #71: March 07, 2023, 05:36:03 PM »
Haven't heard anything from Noll so far, I guess he's in the minor league camp?

Offline imref

« Reply #72: July 26, 2023, 10:50:02 AM »
finally off the IL

Offline imref

« Reply #73: November 09, 2023, 10:27:53 AM »
MLFA - 11/9/2023