Author Topic: Best way to get to game from Fredricksburg  (Read 1663 times)

Offline willis

Best way to get to game from Fredricksburg
« Topic Start: August 07, 2018, 11:34:07 AM »
Work has me in Fredericksburg for a few days. I'm going to the Braves game on Wednesday. What is the best way to get to the game? Do I drive and ride? Drive straight to the stadium and Park? What's the best parking? I have to get back to Fredericksburg after the game so there's that consideration

Online Natsinpwc

Re: Best way to get to game from Fredricksburg
« Reply #1: August 07, 2018, 11:36:07 AM »
Work has me in Fredericksburg for a few days. I'm going to the Braves game on Wednesday. What is the best way to get to the game? Do I drive and ride? Drive straight to the stadium and Park? What's the best parking? I have to get back to Fredericksburg after the game so there's that consideration
You could drive to the Springfield Franconia metro stop and take the metro. But I would recommend just driving all the way. Others may weigh in

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #2: August 07, 2018, 11:37:20 AM »

VRE doesn't run late enough to ride. On the plus side, you'll have a reverse commute heading in

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #3: August 07, 2018, 11:38:20 AM »
I'd drive and use Spot Hero to find parking near the stadium, search on line for discounts and be sure to check your reservation to see if you need to print a hard copy of your receipt (I've had one garage so far require one).  Use Waze to figure out how long the drive will take and for the optimal route.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #4: August 07, 2018, 01:53:46 PM »
Don't rely on the Metro to get you back to Franconia-Springfield after the game.  You'd need to be at Capital south or L'Enfant in time to catch the Blue Line train, and if the game goes 3:30, it would start getting tight.

Offline willis

Re: Best way to get to game from Fredrick
« Reply #5: August 07, 2018, 02:00:28 PM »
Ha. I am a fool. I said the wrong town. Frederick MD

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #6: August 07, 2018, 02:05:19 PM »

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer iste     :panic:

:lol:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #7: August 07, 2018, 03:38:33 PM »
On a Wednesday evening, driving to the game from Frederick will be hellish. I would drive to Shady Grove Metro and avoid the nightmare. Metro isn't perfect, but 270/Beltway/GW Parkway/395 is a nightmare after, say 3:30 or 4:00.

I'm in Gaithersburg. This is my territory.  Message me if you want.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #8: August 07, 2018, 03:41:52 PM »
On a Wednesday evening, driving to the game from Frederick will be hellish. I would drive to Shady Grove Metro and avoid the nightmare. Metro isn't perfect, but 270/Beltway/GW Parkway/395 is a nightmare after, say 3:30 or 4:00.

I'm in Gaithersburg. This is my territory.  Message me if you want.

Apple Maps shows that it's about a 90 minute trip, so realistically, 2 hours to 2:30.  I'd still drive versus taking the train.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #9: August 07, 2018, 03:43:29 PM »
Depends on when you leave. There construction on the GW Parkway, so even the drive back out isn't any fun. That's usually what makes it worth driving.

Apple Maps shows that it's about a 90 minute trip, so realistically, 2 hours to 2:30.  I'd still drive versus taking the train.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #10: August 07, 2018, 04:07:32 PM »

Leave now.  :mg: