Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 242111 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #25: June 11, 2015, 11:29:37 AM »
Buffalo Wild Wings looking to open near Nats park - get ready for bad pre-game wings and good beer - http://t.co/CS0EbquZOr

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #26: June 11, 2015, 11:19:29 PM »
Is there a place for pleasure/personal boats to tie up near the stadium?      I know Pittsburgh has spots right along the river outside the stadium and it can be a pretty neat way to get to a game.

www.jamescreek.com

James Creek Marina is a 10-15 minute walk from the park. 

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #27: June 11, 2015, 11:25:30 PM »
www.jamescreek.com

James Creek Marina is a 10-15 minute walk from the park. 

My niece has a spot near Ft. McNair/Buzzards Point.    May be James Creek  ...

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #28: June 11, 2015, 11:27:26 PM »
My niece has a spot near Ft. McNair/Buzzards Point.

That may be the place, that's where James Creek is, down at the end of 2nd St.  I walked down there for the forts time last home stand and it was pretty neat as I never knew it was there.

Offline 31GetsItDone

« Reply #29: June 14, 2015, 11:03:36 PM »
Hey folks...question for those of you who drive to games park. I used to park in the HH lot for $10 and it seems like this is no longer an official lot for this season. Does the lot still operate "unofficially" during games? If not, anyone have any recommendations with comparable pricing? Thanks in advance!!

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #30: June 15, 2015, 06:42:10 AM »
Hey folks...question for those of you who drive to games park. I used to park in the HH lot for $10 and it seems like this is no longer an official lot for this season. Does the lot still operate "unofficially" during games? If not, anyone have any recommendations with comparable pricing? Thanks in advance!!
Yep, it's still there and open for all games, and still $10 - you just don't want to park there during day games, mid-week, may be tough to get a spot.

Offline 31GetsItDone

« Reply #31: June 15, 2015, 08:58:02 PM »
Yep, it's still there and open for all games, and still $10 - you just don't want to park there during day games, mid-week, may be tough to get a spot.

Thanks! Appreciate it.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #32: June 19, 2015, 08:47:46 AM »
...do the Nats offer Free WiFi at the park?  Is it any good??

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #33: June 19, 2015, 08:54:50 AM »

http://www.jdland.com/dc/stadium-parking-lots.cfm?h=y

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #34: June 19, 2015, 09:23:17 AM »
...do the Nats offer Free WiFi at the park?  Is it any good??

Yes. It's decent in some areas but I have noticed that it varies depending on where in park you are.

Offline kardut

« Reply #35: June 22, 2015, 06:30:12 PM »
Does anyone know if the 229 Tingey lot is accessible by taking Potomac to a right on Tingey (and vice versa on the way home) or is it only accessible by coming down from the north (can't remember if you can turn onto Tingey from Potomac or if it's blocked off). We normally park at the 1620 S Capitol lot, but looking for something that's a little easier to get in and out of, and doesn't leave my car a dusty mess by the end of the game. We get to the stadium via 295 from the Beltway. Thanks in advance

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #36: June 22, 2015, 08:17:37 PM »
Does anyone know if the 229 Tingey lot is accessible by taking Potomac to a right on Tingey (and vice versa on the way home) or is it only accessible by coming down from the north (can't remember if you can turn onto Tingey from Potomac or if it's blocked off). We normally park at the 1620 S Capitol lot, but looking for something that's a little easier to get in and out of, and doesn't leave my car a dusty mess by the end of the game. We get to the stadium via 295 from the Beltway. Thanks in advance

I don't know why not.  I've never done it and thus can't say with 100% certainty but I CAN say that you can take a right on Potomac and it goes through. 

As for the dust, what do you want for $15*?    :lol: 

It does suck though.  It seems every game I go to the car gets covered in dust and then it rains for 30 seconds, just long enough to cement little spots all over it.    :rant:

*Spot hero advance price, day of game $20 usually.

Offline Clever

« Reply #37: June 22, 2015, 09:35:13 PM »
How's the metro this year? Going to first game this year, and I haven't rode the train in three years or so.

Don't want to drive there anymore since traffic always progressively worsens, and I'd assume the same is true for the green line.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #38: June 23, 2015, 09:06:26 AM »
How's the metro this year? Going to first game this year, and I haven't rode the train in three years or so.

Don't want to drive there anymore since traffic always progressively worsens, and I'd assume the same is true for the green line.

Went to the game Sunday and it was a long day on the train.    Weekend schedule affected the timing of the trains.    We took the Green Line in (waited about 10 minutes at L'Enfant to transfer) but walked to Captiol South post game to avoid the crowds.    We avoided the crowds but waited 30 or so minutes for an Orange Line train.    Other than the timing of the off Green trains, it wasn't a bad ride.    Weekday should be a little less time consuming.

The good news is parking was free at WFC and the fares are less.    Plus, I have a Senior SmartTrip card.    Didn't realize the savings.   Should have gotten one sooner.    Gave the missus the regular SmartTrip card.    She thinks it's the crapz.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #39: June 23, 2015, 09:28:25 AM »
That's the way it is when the team's winning and attendance is up. With the Pirates weekend now added the team's average attendance is 33,056/fixture, best ever for Nationals Park and second to RFK 2005 among all Nats seasons. The 41,104 announced for Saturday's match was the second-largest ever for a Pirates visit (either Nats Park or RFK), trailing only 16th August 2014 which added a Martina McBride concert...although from the radio broadcasts it seemed like there were a lot of Pittsburgh supporters in the house (all three matches of that series).

Metrorail (and the Navy Yard station in particular), in my experience, does have difficulty coping with crowds of 30k+ when the matches let out.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #40: June 23, 2015, 10:33:03 AM »
It seems to me they do OK in getting the crowd out of Navy Yard but that the connections are slow.  Seems they let about 4 greens go up through L'Enfant before they send a yellow south to take the crowd away.

Offline Clever

« Reply #41: June 23, 2015, 10:52:06 AM »
Thanks for the responses folks. I'm hoping this will be a less time-consuming trip than my previous one, as I recall there was a derailment at West Hyattsville that night cause it was so damn hot on the rails. Think the trip was almost two hours that night going from Navy yard to college park.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #42: June 24, 2015, 06:46:37 PM »
Not sure where  to put this but we were hosed by the New York post.

http://nypost.com/2015/06/23/ranking-the-30-mlb-ballparks-from-the-scenic-to-the-awful/

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #43: June 24, 2015, 07:23:32 PM »

http://nypost.com/2015/06/23/ranking-the-30-mlb-ballparks-from-the-scenic-to-the-awful/

Well, everyone goes to a baseball park for the views, right?

I saw a similar ranking a few weeks ago that had Nats Park #9.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/06/10/ranking-all-30-mlb-stadiums/21194063/

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #44: June 24, 2015, 07:29:35 PM »
Well, everyone goes to a baseball park for the views, right?

I saw a similar ranking a few weeks ago that had Nats Park #9.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/06/10/ranking-all-30-mlb-stadiums/21194063/
Oreos park higher than AT&T for the view?  Crazy. 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #45: June 24, 2015, 07:32:32 PM »
Oreos park higher than AT&T for the view?  Crazy.

There's always the bottles thrown at your head to look forward to leaving a game, too.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #46: June 25, 2015, 08:04:04 AM »

Just jealous, that's all - their precious Mets get battered down here unless Harvey or Gee are pitching (also note they picked Preparation H Park at Camden Yards #1 - further underscoring the jealousy-of-DC issue).

Offline machpost

« Reply #47: June 25, 2015, 01:07:04 PM »
The lot at Half and R SW is no more. Or at least it was the last time I went past there a few weeks ago. At the time they were offering limited parking around the perimeter.

The lot at Van and N SE just north of the old gas station lot that was taken over by Hill Country BBQ (have they given up on that venture already? It's been closed every single time I've been over there) has gone up from $25 to $40.

And on the subject of parking, has anyone ever parked in the metered spots near the ballpark in SW? I'm wondering if they'd be any cheaper than the lots. And with the Parkmobile app, it's easy to add time in the event of extra innings or delays.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #48: June 29, 2015, 12:02:10 PM »
Citi field's food? Uh, yeah, right. I wonder if they brought that "famous BBQ" from Shea that Debbi Taylor featured in one of those pointless MASN puff pieces. 

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #49: July 17, 2015, 11:41:15 PM »
I'll never forget the time Debbi was on that rooftop in San Diego. They should have left her there.