Author Topic: Barves: Knights Templar of Unwritten Rules and gutless anti-American douche bags  (Read 84091 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
:meh: I would expect the best fans in the country to show up through thick and thin

The keepers of the faith no less.

Offline NJ Ave

:meh: I would expect the best fans in the country to show up through thick and thin

I agree. Milwaukee's drawing 32,000+ with a 5-17 record.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
the philies are averaging 25,452, remember when they were the best fans in the country

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1219254-mlb-power-rankings-the-worst-fan-bases-in-baseball/page/29

For the opener of our series there earlier this month they drew 19,047. Charlie Slowes pointed this out on one of the radio broadcasts from there, how attendance has dried up since the team fell out of contention.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
the philies are averaging 25,452, remember when they were the best fans in the country

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1219254-mlb-power-rankings-the-worst-fan-bases-in-baseball/page/29

Oh wow, a Bleacher Report article.  You really find what's important.

Offline sph274

if the nats start losing heavily we would have anything close to 25000 in that stadium. cant really talk crap about the phillies fans, they are def more devoted than the dc transplants

Offline OldChelsea

if the nats start losing heavily we would have anything close to 25000 in that stadium. cant really talk crap about the phillies fans, they are def more devoted than the dc transplants

Not entirely true concerning published numbers - persons who have full season tickets (such as myself) are counted in the published attendance whether they turn up or not (I've actually only been to a half dozen or so matches this season).

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Atlanta CSA has over 6 million people, and yet they have managed to lose not one, but two NHL teams to small markets in western Canada. People go to Hawks and Falcons games just for the air conditioning. Worst sports town in the USA  :P

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Sherman was a great American.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Offline whytev

Atlanta CSA has over 6 million people, and yet they have managed to lose not one, but two NHL teams to small markets in western Canada. People go to Hawks and Falcons games just for the air conditioning. Worst sports town in the USA  :P

The hockey markets in Winnipeg and Calgary are way bigger than the hockey market in Atlanta.

Offline OldChelsea

There are also accounts of the Braves pulling in three-digit attendances back in the 70's. Atlanta's WNBA team, despite regular-season success, has come close to folding a couple of times.

The city is getting MLS with effect from 2017, under same ownership as the Falcons...we'll see.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
There are also accounts of the Braves pulling in three-digit attendances back in the 70's. Atlanta's WNBA team, despite regular-season success, has come close to folding a couple of times.

The city is getting MLS with effect from 2017, under same ownership as the Falcons...we'll see.
If Arthur Blank owns it, the MLS team will probably do well. He knows his crap and it won't be corporate ownership like the Barves and Hawks.

Offline HalfSmokes

surprised this isn't here yet

The affluent denizens of Atlanta’s Buckhead neighborhood received a fun treat this week when they looked up at the corner of Peachtree and East Paces Ferry: a famous internet man’s giant, ruddy, gaping spread jerk, displayed on an enormous digital billboard.

http://gawker.com/fbi-and-homeland-security-respond-to-shocking-goatse-bo-1704768347

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Should we re-name this in honor of the Reds?

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.

Offline OldChelsea

Hey Atlanta, how's that attendance looking?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance/_/sort/homePct - 24th in MLB in gross per-fixture attendance, 28th in attendance measured by percentage of ground capacity sold.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Apparently in Taiwan they call McCann Uncle Justice but it is not sarcastic

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Teheran hits McCutcheon in the elbow.  Cutch has to leave game.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Teheran hits McCutcheon in the elbow.  Cutch has to leave game.

Is that the same Teheran who hit Bryce Harper in the knee that Harper had already hurt slamming into the wall in Atlanta? Or did Atlanta find a second pitcher named Teheran who throws at all-star hitters?

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Not shedding tears for the Pirates, they live inside and lead MLB in HBP the last couple years. It's their whole philosophy and it puts Cutch in the crosshairs.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Should we re-name this in honor of the Reds?
  No they deserve their own thread

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Barves extend Fredi and the coaching staff through 2016 with an option for 2017. I'm kind of surprised but it's fine with me because most of their fans hate Fredi.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Ah, how quickly we've forgotten the Fillies Phans.

By the way, in 1959 the Old Senators broke the Phillies MLB record by losing 19 straight games. Someone on DC Baseball History told me that the Phillies "won" their record back by losing 23 straight. Glory!