Author Topic: Barves: Knights Templar of Unwritten Rules and gutless anti-American douche bags  (Read 84064 times)

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Is it okay to root for Todd Coffey when they put him in to pitch against a non-Nats team?

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
They won't be competing for anything but last place, so fine by me.

Online RobDibblesGhost

So does no more B.J. mean he'll stop sucking?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession

Offline Copecwby20

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
odds Melvin Upton Jr has a personal parking spot at Magic City this season?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
odds Melvin Upton Jr has a personal parking spot at Magic City this season?

Valet...

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!

This makes me happy.

You've had some crap posts - but this one is awesome.

Offline PC

Fredi on Baseball Tonight on ESPN - "The Nationals are the sexy pick but there are other ways to get to the postseason.  They've got a great rotation.  But traditionally, we've matched up well against them in the last few years.  We've got a pretty good rotation ourselves."  :lol:

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Fredi on Baseball Tonight on ESPN - "The Nationals are the sexy pick but there are other ways to get to the postseason.  They've got a great rotation.  But traditionally, we've matched up well against them in the last few years.  We've got a pretty good rotation ourselves."  :lol:
Yeah, Fredi. Wandy Rodriguez and Eric Stults/Chien-Ming Wang are terribly intimidating.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

The ole "yeah/but" game.

Offline NJ Ave

Won't matter if they go 14-4 against the Nationals since they'll go about 60-84 against everyone else. But good luck in your last season Fredi!

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
Won't matter if they go 14-4 against the Nationals since they'll go about 60-84 against everyone else. But good luck in your last season Fredi!

Anyone think they break 1MM in attendance this year?

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Yeah, Fredi. Wandy Rodriguez and Eric Stults/Chien-Ming Wang are terribly intimidating.
To be fair, the Barves do have a way with pitchers. Guys like Tommy Hansen and Ervin Santana have found a lot of success there. Hell, even Aaron Harang was good there. Pitching isn't their problem. Lack of hitting is.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
To be fair, the Barves ...
Wait, we have to be fair to them now?

Offline dracnal

To be fair, the Barves do have a way with pitchers. Guys like Tommy Hansen and Ervin Santana have found a lot of success there. Hell, even Aaron Harang was good there. Pitching isn't their problem. Lack of hitting is.

Yeah, but the success seems to be based on the idea of 'Keep hitting them with a horsewhip until their arm breaks and they need TJ surgery.  Then, hit them with the horsewhip until their arm falls off and bury them like the other turds in the cat box.'

Offline NJ Ave

Pitching isn't their problem. Lack of hitting is.

More specifically, the inability to develop position players with a lot of talent into decent hitters. Most of their position players seem to regress offensively, once they reach the majors.

That would be problem numero uno to solve if I was the GM. The only important problem to solve actually - I doubt they actually care about shredding UCLs. But at this point you have Jason Heyward, Jordan Schafer, Christian Bethancourt, Andrelton Simmons, Jeff Francouer, Andy Marte, and others in the "we made these guys worse" column, and only Brian McCann and Freddie Freeman in the "we didn't screw these guys up" column. And you can't even really say they're necessarily guys the Braves helped - 2 prospects in a decade seems like the absolute minimum a franchise could realistically not ruin offensively.

Offline NJ Ave

I mean jeez, I didn't even really remember Andy Marte, but he was a top 15 prospect 3 years in a row in the mid-2000s. Francouer was a top 15 prospect. Jordan Schafer was a top-25 prospect. They start floundering as they reach the Braves upper minors (where they presumably start coming into contact with the top organizational development guys more often) and then get completely ruined in the majors.

Offline blue911

Am I the only one that sees an eerie similarity between Nick Markakis and Freddie Freeman

Online Natsinpwc

Phillies minor league prospect Severino Gonzalez dominating the Barfs on ESPN currently. Don't think they will score much this year. For that matter neither will the  Phillies. Or the Mets.