Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 1  (Read 13837 times)

Offline ghostface

Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 1
« Reply #225: July 12, 2013, 09:00:57 PM »
We need to be sellers.  Sell Laroche, Span, and Soriano for prospects.  Play for next year. 

they should but they won't.  this is the "world series or bust" team

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #226: July 12, 2013, 09:01:43 PM »
Zim/ALR/Werth due up.  We really need to get some back this inning.

Offline Hannibal Smith

« Reply #227: July 12, 2013, 09:01:47 PM »
In fairness Morse has been worse than Span this season.
Not knocking Span as much as dislike for moving Morse (and Lannan for that matter).  I just felt like those guys suffered through a lot of losing and should be allowed to reap the benefits of all the hard work. 

I actually think we would have been fine with Werth as the everyday CF and leadoff man.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #228: July 12, 2013, 09:02:55 PM »
Hey guys, think positive for Christ's sake....

The team is so #%#$%#$%#$@#$ irritating.  its excruciating.  I HATE.  HATE it.  f3ck.
What a consistent message.

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
« Reply #229: July 12, 2013, 09:03:59 PM »
Not knocking Span as much as dislike for moving Morse (and Lannan for that matter).  I just felt like those guys suffered through a lot of losing and should be allowed to reap the benefits of all the hard work. 

I actually think we would have been fine with Werth as the everyday CF and leadoff man.

If this is what they would return to, it's merciful we sent them elsewhere. This is just bad.

Pretty good game for Ohlendorf, at least he's given the offense a chance to make it a fair fight.

Offline deeznatz

• http://www.amorica.org
« Reply #230: July 12, 2013, 09:04:27 PM »
And let this be a lesson to mgt. that we should never be in a posiiton where we cant hold someone accountable.  Cant fire the legend Davey.  Davey wont let you fire Eckstein.  This is a joke.

And you know what, I'm starting to not like some of the attitudes and crap Im seeing from these guys.  Doesn't look like theyre making concientious efforst to improve their cances at the plate.  Its the same crap everyday.  Harper looks moody.  Zimm is a goofball.  Span looks like a disinterested guy from the start.  Desi is stubborn.

I like Werth and Rendon, however.  I see Werth at least trying to do different thigns and adjust.  I beleieve he cares.

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats

Offline deeznatz

« Reply #232: July 12, 2013, 09:05:01 PM »

Offline ghostface

« Reply #233: July 12, 2013, 09:05:26 PM »
Hey guys, think positive for Christ's sake....we gave up our best pitching prospect for Span!

And seriously, we should trade Stras.  I don't care what the numbers say.  i don't like the way he has looked this year and I don't like his attitude.  He is sullen.  He folds like house of crash under the slightest pressure.

Mark my words, by the end of next season the general conssensus will be that we should have traded him this year.  msrk my words.  Whether its just injuries or regression, this kid is overrated and we should cut our losses on him now.

The team is so #%#$%#$%#$@#$ irritating.  its excruciating.  I HATE.  HATE it.  f3ck.

i totally agree.  people are going to throw a bunch of stats in support of Strasburg but he just doesn't the demeanor of a cold blooded killer Cy Young talent.  for Christ's sake the guy still hasn't pitched a complete game.  he's too mentally/personally weak

Offline BH34Natural

« Reply #234: July 12, 2013, 09:06:39 PM »
You didn't have to jump there Stanton you loping jerk

Offline deeznatz

« Reply #235: July 12, 2013, 09:06:51 PM »
and there goes Carp again....sounding like a homer on the foul ball and then the catch at the wall.

"well golly gee that woulda BEEN OUTTA here at CBP." says FP.  feckin douchefcks

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #236: July 12, 2013, 09:06:56 PM »
Zim/ALR/Werth due up.  We really need to get some back this inning.
:lmao:

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #237: July 12, 2013, 09:07:45 PM »
Anyone who thinks we should trade Strasburg has officially lost it probably due to the stress of this season.  Nonetheless, though, you've lost it.

Offline ghostface

« Reply #238: July 12, 2013, 09:07:48 PM »
And let this be a lesson to mgt. that we should never be in a posiiton where we cant hold someone accountable.  Cant fire the legend Davey.  Davey wont let you fire Eckstein.  This is a joke.

And you know what, I'm starting to not like some of the attitudes and crap Im seeing from these guys.  Doesn't look like theyre making concientious efforst to improve their cances at the plate.  Its the same crap everyday.  Harper looks moody.  Zimm is a goofball.  Span looks like a disinterested guy from the start.  Desi is stubborn.

I like Werth and Rendon, however.  I see Werth at least trying to do different thigns and adjust.  I beleieve he cares.

yes he does and some people get pissy with him for calling guys out which is ridiculous. 

Offline deeznatz

« Reply #239: July 12, 2013, 09:10:12 PM »
i totally agree.  people are going to throw a bunch of stats in support of Strasburg but he just doesn't the demeanor of a cold blooded killer Cy Young talent.  for Christ's sake the guy still hasn't pitched a complete game.  he's too mentally/personally weak

yep, and its not just his demeanor.  He has struglled with his fastball command at times.  Seems like he's walked more guys, had a lot of men on base.  He dominates for small stretches, but thats it.  To be an elite ace you have to consistenly dominate, and on the rare occassion you battle through and do you best.  gut it out.  You dont shake the sweat off your wrist so the whole world knows, "hey, the reason i gave up that 3 run dinger is becasue my palms sweaty." 

Hes a nag, plain and simple.

Offline BH34Natural

« Reply #240: July 12, 2013, 09:10:30 PM »
boring team is boring

Offline ghostface

« Reply #241: July 12, 2013, 09:11:47 PM »
Anyone who thinks we should trade Strasburg has officially lost it probably due to the stress of this season.  Nonetheless, though, you've lost it.

i'm high

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #242: July 12, 2013, 09:13:28 PM »
yep, and its not just his demeanor.  He has struglled with his fastball command at times.  Seems like he's walked more guys, had a lot of men on base.  He dominates for small stretches, but thats it.  To be an elite ace you have to consistenly dominate, and on the rare occassion you battle through and do you best.  gut it out.  You dont shake the sweat off your wrist so the whole world knows, "hey, the reason i gave up that 3 run dinger is becasue my palms sweaty." 

Hes a nag, plain and simple.
Yeah I mean in his third full professional season, he has a 4.84 ERA in 201 IP.  He's clearly terrible and never going to be anything.  Oh, wait, that's Justin Verlander's third full professional season.  Well I'm sure the Tigers are glad they traded that bum instead of allowing him to develop further.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #243: July 12, 2013, 09:13:41 PM »
Agree completely. There's panic monkey, and then there's flat-out nuts.

Offline deeznatz

« Reply #244: July 12, 2013, 09:14:11 PM »

Well, I'll check in with your next year when our "ace" has a 4.30 ERA and 1.4 WHIP.  Or he gets hurt again.  This kid is NOT an ace, and I have seen enough to make me questions how effective he will be at all. 

Sell high, he still has tremendous value around the league and we need offense.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #245: July 12, 2013, 09:15:52 PM »
Well, I'll check in with your next year when our "ace" has a 4.30 ERA and 1.4 WHIP.  Or he gets hurt again.  This kid is NOT an ace, and I have seen enough to make me questions how effective he will be at all. 

So you're predicting that Strasburg will be WAY worse than his career norms or even this season?  This season his ERA is now up to a whopping 2.99.  So what you're basically saying is it's clear he will get about 50% worse than he is now?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #246: July 12, 2013, 09:15:57 PM »
If I weren't morally opposed to gambling, I'd take that 5-1. 

Offline BH34Natural

« Reply #247: July 12, 2013, 09:16:32 PM »
That whistle isn't annoying or anything

Offline deeznatz

« Reply #248: July 12, 2013, 09:18:18 PM »
So you're predicting that Strasburg will be WAY worse than his career norms or even this season?  This season his ERA is now up to a whopping 2.99.  So what you're basically saying is it's clear he will get about 50% worse than he is now?

I obviously cant predict exact numbers.  But do I think its possible he generally becomes much less than wht we currently perceive him to be, or even ineffective?  Yes, i do.  i think I already saw signs of it THIS year despite his numbers and BEFORE tonight.  his starts have left me with  an uneasy feeling.

I also think the injury risk with him is huge.  Its going to be a constant issue.  This.  That.  The other. 

Offline ghostface

« Reply #249: July 12, 2013, 09:18:22 PM »
Yeah I mean in his third full professional season, he has a 4.84 ERA in 201 IP.  He's clearly terrible and never going to be anything.  Oh, wait, that's Justin Verlander's third full professional season.  Well I'm sure the Tigers are glad they traded that bum instead of allowing him to develop further.

ok, but Verlander wasn't the highest rated pitching prospect of ALL-TIME