Author Topic: Nats Aggressively Shopping Lannan  (Read 21670 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Nats Aggressively Shopping Lannan
« Reply #300: February 05, 2012, 05:26:29 PM »
I was a mess after that game:

That was written in traffic on South Cap immediately after the game.  I took a crowd from work, I think they were a bit surprised by my adverse reaction to the loss.

:glug:

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #301: February 05, 2012, 05:44:49 PM »
Honestly, as often as that outfield is banged up, Martin will get plenty of playing time

Offline Rasta

« Reply #302: February 05, 2012, 07:11:01 PM »
Adam Jones doesn't solve the lead off problem. 

Offline Moore Athletic

« Reply #303: February 05, 2012, 07:18:04 PM »
I was a mess after that game:

That was written in traffic on South Cap immediately after the game.  I took a crowd from work, I think they were a bit surprised by my adverse reaction to the loss.

And wasn't it Jose Guillen who got the game-winning RBI in that one? Another punch in the gut.

Offline HTT

« Reply #304: February 05, 2012, 07:56:55 PM »
I don't recall if he had the RBI, but he had the throw to the plate that they called Bernie out on wrongly.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #305: February 05, 2012, 08:02:03 PM »
Lalalalalal. Im ignoring this thread because it depresses me!   I like John Lannan and think that he would have had more runs if he had run support!  Besides, how many lefties do we have?

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #306: February 05, 2012, 08:13:56 PM »
Lalalalalal. Im ignoring this thread because it depresses me!   I like John Lannan and think that he would have had more runs if he had run support!  Besides, how many lefties do we have?

That seems like sound logic :lol:

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #307: February 05, 2012, 08:23:26 PM »
That seems like sound logic :lol:

Agreed.  Lannan has the least upside and worst pure "stuff" out of all the rotation options right now.  It would be a shame to see him go but we have much better options as starters right now.  I understand the whole idea that we need starter depth but we still have Det and Gorzo ready along with Brad Meyers when he gets returned from the Yankees.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #308: February 05, 2012, 08:30:05 PM »
And wasn't it Jose Guillen who got the game-winning RBI in that one? Another punch in the gut.

Sounds familiar, can't recall all the details.

Offline Tokeydog

• I like beer!
« Reply #309: February 06, 2012, 10:36:50 AM »
From ESPN rumors:

As soon as the Washington Nationals agreed to a one-year deal with Edwin Jackson last week, the speculation began that lefthhander John Lannan was now expendable.

Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe says there is a lot of speculation that the Nationals will deal him to the Angels for center fielder Peter Bourjos, a move that open up some at-bats for Mike Trout.

Cafardo adds that Lannan (10-13, 3.70) would be a good option for a team like Boston, but the Red Sox don't seem to have the center fielder to give back, especially with Ryan Kalish unable to play until June.

Rumor Central's Jason Catania noted Friday that Lannan's profile isn't that different from Joe Saunders, who was courted by several teams this winter, including the Red Sox, Orioles and Marlins, before re-signing with Arizona.

Offline Bloo

« Reply #310: February 06, 2012, 11:41:28 AM »
Why do they feel the Angels need to get rid of Bourjos just because Trout is coming up? Keep em both. Play it like Charlie Sheen. Winning.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #311: February 06, 2012, 11:46:06 AM »
No. Freaking. Way.

The Angels, quite simply, do not need a number 5 starter. Not with that offense.

They want a third baseman prospect and maybe another middle infield prospect. And of course, pitching prospects. Maybe a relief pitcher.

Why do they feel the Angels need to get rid of Bourjos just because Trout is coming up? Keep em both. Play it like Charlie Sheen. Winning.

Exactly. Hunter is gone in a year. Wells can DH. Or be released.

We're more likely to pry Morales or Trumbo away from them than Borjous

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #312: February 06, 2012, 11:47:30 AM »

There's no way.  They insist that they're keeping both and why wouldn't they, especially for Lannan?  If a deal involving those two went down we should throw a parade.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #313: February 06, 2012, 11:48:47 AM »
If you told me Abreu for Lannan, I'd find it much more credible.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #314: February 06, 2012, 11:49:05 AM »
There's no way.  They insist that they're keeping both and why wouldn't they, especially for Lannan?  If a deal involving those two went down we should throw a parade.

Indeed. If that happens, the Fire Rizzo camp just needs to drink kool aid in a bunker somewhere. We'd have one of the five best GMs in baseball

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #315: February 06, 2012, 11:50:56 AM »
Indeed. If that happens, the Fire Rizzo camp just needs to drink kool aid in a bunker somewhere.

Love your convoluted logic there.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #316: February 06, 2012, 11:52:12 AM »
Oh hey, look who had the last post in the "Fire Rizzo" thread:

DO.SOMETHING RIZZO!!!!!!!!

:twisted:

Offline Slateman

« Reply #317: February 06, 2012, 11:55:54 AM »
Love your convoluted logic there.

Kool aid in bunker ... ie, mass suicide. Together. As one. Like Haley's comet cult.

Sarcasm, dino man.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #318: February 06, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »
Kool aid in bunker ... ie, mass suicide. Together. As one. Like Haley's comet cult.

I got the reference, but you seem to have missed my point.

Sarcasm, dino man.

Right, so then you openly admit to trolling.   Trolling a thread (and subject) that hadn't had a legit bump in weeks (maybe longer, I got tired of scrolling back), and hasn't had one since.  Good that one of you finally comes out and admits what we've known all along.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #319: February 06, 2012, 12:01:42 PM »
The target is on Bourjos and the Angels, because the Angels seem to have a surplus of outfielders. And Jerome Williams is penciled in as their 5th starter.

At 1B, they have Pujols. Last year, they used Trumbo and Morales. Those 2 will need to DH and spell Pujols.
In the Outfield, I'd say that they have 5 starters: Wells, Hunter, Trout, Bourjos and Abreu. Trumbo played 11 games out there last year. And Abreu would probably be a better fit at DH. So, can the Angels trade Morales to an AL team needing a DH for a 5th starter. Or are they better off shipping Bourjos our way for Lannan and a minor leaguer.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #320: February 06, 2012, 12:05:07 PM »

pwnage

Offline Slateman

« Reply #321: February 06, 2012, 12:13:03 PM »
The target is on Bourjos and the Angels, because the Angels seem to have a surplus of outfielders. And Jerome Williams is penciled in as their 5th starter.

At 1B, they have Pujols. Last year, they used Trumbo and Morales. Those 2 will need to DH and spell Pujols.
In the Outfield, I'd say that they have 5 starters: Wells, Hunter, Trout, Bourjos and Abreu. Trumbo played 11 games out there last year. And Abreu would probably be a better fit at DH. So, can the Angels trade Morales to an AL team needing a DH for a 5th starter. Or are they better off shipping Bourjos our way for Lannan and a minor leaguer.

No brainer. Trade Morales or Trumbo. If Borjous hit worse than Ian Desmond, his defense alone would guarantee him a place on the roster.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #322: February 06, 2012, 12:15:38 PM »
FanGraphs Baseball @fangraphs

FanGraphs: Bourjos for Lannan? Surely You Jest. bit.ly/wEMnle

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/bourjos-for-lannan-surely-you-jest/

Offline Slateman

« Reply #323: February 06, 2012, 12:18:21 PM »
Hmmm ...

Lannan, Clippard/Lidge, Lombardozzi and .... Solis? Could that be enough?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #324: February 06, 2012, 12:20:41 PM »
Hmmm ...

Lannan, Clippard/Lidge, Lombardozzi and .... Solis? Could that be enough?

Ravage the bullpen and the backup at 2B/SS.

Doubtful.