Author Topic: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List  (Read 181529 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List
« Reply #2400: January 16, 2017, 09:41:35 PM »
Were those real math computations on the board in A Beautiful Mind?

Can't see a slide rule in the dark.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2401: January 17, 2017, 04:18:39 PM »
A Dog's Purpose is on my list.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #2402: January 17, 2017, 04:39:36 PM »
Saw Hell or High Water yesterday... it was fantastic.

Offline dracnal

« Reply #2403: January 17, 2017, 04:43:09 PM »
It's not a new movie, but I caught 'The Bank Job' the other night for about 10 mins while the wife was showering. Decided it was interesting enough in those ten minutes that we watched it in full. Plays out a lot like the plot of a Grand Theft Auto game. Really enjoyed it.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2404: January 17, 2017, 04:44:53 PM »

Omgosh mine too but I dragged my kids with me years ago to see "My Dog Skip" and embarrassed them to no end bawling like a crazy person so I'm not sure I can see that one in public  :-[

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2405: January 17, 2017, 04:45:30 PM »
Saw Hell or High Water yesterday... it was fantastic.

Saw it last week and it was much less a shoot 'em up than I thought it'd be thankfully, it was really good. 

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2406: January 17, 2017, 04:47:44 PM »
Omgosh mine too but I dragged my kids with me years ago to see "My Dog Skip" and embarrassed them to no end bawling like a crazy person so I'm not sure I can see that one in public  :-[

I'll go alone and sit in the back or wait for the DVD (:P).

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2407: January 17, 2017, 04:55:48 PM »
I'll go alone and sit in the back or wait for the DVD (:P).

I have never gone to a movie by myself, no idea why I have such a phobia of it but this one would be the one I need to do it for, seriously I was crying big huge gulping tears by the end of My Dog Skip, did no one else see that and cry like a baby??

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2408: January 17, 2017, 04:57:55 PM »
I have never gone to a movie by myself, no idea why I have such a phobia of it but this one would be the one I need to do it for, seriously I was crying big huge gulping tears by the end of My Dog Skip, did no one else see that and cry like a baby??

Missus and the boy went to Japan many moons ago and I went alot ... alone.    Missus is headin' to Seattle for a few weeks to spoil her parents.    I'll have more time for movies.

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste, the wiki post on the movie brings a tear to my eye.     :shrug:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #2409: January 17, 2017, 05:00:46 PM »
I go to movies by myself all the time. Only miss having people to talk to after previews/before movie and after movie ends... otherwise I prefer it to going with someone.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2410: January 17, 2017, 05:06:48 PM »
Missus and the boy went to Japan many moons ago and I went alot ... alone.    Missus is headin' to Seattle for a few weeks to spoil her parents.    I'll have more time for movies.

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste, the wiki post on the movie brings a tear to my eye.     :shrug:

Rent it, you will be destroyed lol

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2411: January 17, 2017, 05:07:38 PM »
I go to movies by myself all the time. Only miss having people to talk to after previews/before movie and after movie ends... otherwise I prefer it to going with someone.

Oh I know so many people who feel the same and think I'm the crazy one for not going alone but I've just never gotten the courage to for some reason. 

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2412: January 17, 2017, 05:11:37 PM »
Oh I know so many people who feel the same and think I'm the crazy one for not going alone but I've just never gotten the courage to for some reason. 

The missus goes with me to keep me from goin' off when some knucklehead or headette turns on their cell to check their e-mails/texts/instant chats/IM's/Facebook posts/weather reports/ soccer scores    ...    :rant:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2413: January 17, 2017, 05:16:36 PM »
The missus goes with me to keep me from goin' off when some knucklehead or headette turns on their cell to check their e-mails/texts/instant chats/IM's/Facebook posts/weather reports/ soccer scores    ...    :rant:

ha makes me insane too, as well as people crinkling their candy wrapper the whole time :asplode:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2414: January 17, 2017, 05:18:58 PM »
ha makes me insane too, as well as people crinkling their candy wrapper the whole time :asplode:

Maybe I ought to rent it.    :)

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #2415: January 17, 2017, 07:49:39 PM »

The book was terrific.  :clap:

Offline dracnal

« Reply #2416: January 17, 2017, 10:45:27 PM »

mitlen, you need to watch movies at the Alamo. Based on where I think you are located, One Loudoun is an easy 15 minute hike. Totally worth it. They will eject people with a quickness.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2417: January 18, 2017, 09:08:50 AM »
mitlen, you need to watch movies at the Alamo. Based on where I think you are located, One Loudoun is an easy 15 minute hike. Totally worth it. They will eject people with a quickness.

I'm not too far away at all.    I've stopped by Alamo just to check it out but didn't see a movie.     However, the non-device attitude may have me checkin' it out.     Thanks

One of my problems is I'm "thrifty" and like to go to the $5 Tuesday showings.     Lot of us riff raft types take advantage of the rates.    :)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2418: January 18, 2017, 09:24:02 PM »

So this has become a big hell no for me, saw some footage of the terrified dog being shoved into a churning pool for a shoot, no thanks to animals suffering for our entertainment :evil:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/a3e598ed44644007a95847212bf3f652/american-humane-investigating-dogs-purpose-incident

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2419: January 20, 2017, 11:02:09 AM »
Think I'm gonna go see "The Founder".     

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2420: January 20, 2017, 11:02:41 AM »
So this has become a big hell no for me, saw some footage of the terrified dog being shoved into a churning pool for a shoot, no thanks to animals suffering for our entertainment :evil:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/a3e598ed44644007a95847212bf3f652/american-humane-investigating-dogs-purpose-incident

Which is worse?     This story or dressing your pup up in Packers' gear?     Poor Wylie.

On a serious note, here's a follow-up story:

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2017/01/20/a-dogs-purpose-premiere-canceled-amid-investigation-of-potent/21659247/

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2421: January 20, 2017, 12:15:28 PM »
Which is worse?     This story or dressing your pup up in Packers' gear?     Poor Wylie.

On a serious note, here's a follow-up story:

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2017/01/20/a-dogs-purpose-premiere-canceled-amid-investigation-of-potent/21659247/

Yea I have no idea how they release this movie now, it's not PETA it's just to me anyone with a soul cannot go enjoy this movie after seeing that poor terrified pup clawing his way out of that pool just to be shoved back in :(

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2422: January 20, 2017, 12:21:03 PM »
Yea I have no idea how they release this movie now, it's not PETA it's just to me anyone with a soul cannot go enjoy this movie after seeing that poor terrified pup clawing his way out of that pool just to be shoved back in :(

Probably why I haven't looked at the clip.

Doesn't Hollywood usually have an animal cruelty type person on site while filming?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2423: January 20, 2017, 12:31:23 PM »
Probably why I haven't looked at the clip.

Doesn't Hollywood usually have an animal cruelty type person on site while filming?

Absolutely and there was one present who has now been put on leave, makes you wonder what happens that ISN'T secretly taped and leaked.  I spent so much of the move "War Horse" in the lobby of the theater because I'm watching and thinking there is no way these horses are not being hurt making this movie there's just no way, I don't give that "No animals were hurt in the production of this film" disclaimer any credence at all. 

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2424: January 20, 2017, 12:34:30 PM »
Absolutely and there was one present who has now been put on leave, makes you wonder what happens that ISN'T secretly taped and leaked.  I spent so much of the move "War Horse" in the lobby of the theater because I'm watching and thinking there is no way these horses are not being hurt making this movie there's just no way, I don't give that "No animals were hurt in the production of this film" disclaimer any credence at all.
Michael Vick?