Author Topic: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List  (Read 177918 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

Re: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List
« Reply #1650: May 17, 2014, 10:01:05 PM »
The spectacular now is really good (one of this month's crop of free prime movies)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1651: May 19, 2014, 02:08:45 PM »
Godzilla was AWESOME! Some amazing cinematography in the movie as well.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #1652: May 19, 2014, 02:40:20 PM »
Godzilla was about 25 minutes too long.

too much US Military, not enough Giant Monsters Fighting.

same problem that the original Transformers had.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1653: May 19, 2014, 02:41:53 PM »
Godzilla was about 25 minutes too long.

too much US Military, not enough Giant Monsters Fighting.

same problem that the original Transformers had.

I was okay with the amount of Giant Monster Fighting that was involved. I felt like the movie was more directed towards humanity dealing with the events. Not that I wouldn't be upset if there was a lot more monster fighting. Just my two cents.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1654: May 19, 2014, 02:48:21 PM »
The director said for Godzilla 2 he'll build it up like the first one... but how do you build up Big G again?  We've already seen him wreck crap.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1655: May 20, 2014, 12:01:30 PM »

Latest Guardians of the Galaxy trailer.

I keep getting more and more hyped for this movie.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #1656: May 20, 2014, 07:00:23 PM »
Same reaction I had when I saw the first Thor trailers. It may work out alright, but it could just as easily be total crap. I'm a bit more confident in this than I was Thor because Marvel has shown the ability to work the sillier aspects of their universe into movies quite skillfully since 2008, but I'm still quite leery of it.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #1657: May 20, 2014, 07:01:15 PM »
Just saw a preview for Hornets Nest, not sure how I feel about that being a movie

Offline Bloo

« Reply #1658: May 23, 2014, 02:48:18 PM »
X-men Days of Future Past is the best comicbook movie since the Dark Knight. Dinklage was awesome with his lines, Fassbender was fun to watch, Jennifer Lawrence was hot. Lot to like in this one and is probably the first movie to ever make up for the mistakes they did in the previous installment by changing the continuity altogether.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #1659: May 23, 2014, 03:05:41 PM »
On the other hand, I watched a clip of a scene from that new movie where Robin Williams is angry, and let's put it this way, if Peter Dinklage is offering terrible acting, you know it's a terrible movie.

Doctor: Your brother has cancer in his brain and he's dying.
Dinklage: *no reaction*

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #1660: May 23, 2014, 03:18:30 PM »
He is out for the year with... Just guess.

Buc Fever?    :shrug:

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
« Reply #1662: May 23, 2014, 11:25:27 PM »
On the other hand, I watched a clip of a scene from that new movie where Robin Williams is angry, and let's put it this way, if Peter Dinklage is offering terrible acting, you know it's a terrible movie.

Doctor: Your brother has cancer in his brain and he's dying.
Dinklage: *no reaction*

Not really a Robin Williams fan, but I actually kind of thought it looked interesting. Probably wouldn't pay to see it, or pay much, but I'll probably watch.

I did think the trailer showed too much though. That seems to be a huge problem across Hollywood though. Only a few trailers in the past few years I thought showed enough to interest you but not outline the movie.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #1663: May 24, 2014, 12:11:50 AM »
I did think the trailer showed too much though. That seems to be a huge problem across Hollywood though. Only a few trailers in the past few years I thought showed enough to interest you but not outline the movie.

Hollywood has a huge problem with trailers. Most trailers are just beyond terrible.

Here's my favorite trailer from the last few years. Doesn't give away much plot, like at all, but insanely creepy.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #1664: May 24, 2014, 12:14:00 AM »
I wish Hollywood would stop doing the Inception "BWOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAMMM!" in every trailer.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #1665: May 24, 2014, 12:17:48 AM »
Hollywood has a huge problem with trailers. Most trailers are just beyond terrible.

The worst is when a trailer makes me laugh and laugh and I go see the movie and realize the only funny parts are the ones shown in the trailer, not a single other funny part in the whole actual movie :?

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
« Reply #1666: May 24, 2014, 01:07:38 AM »

Here's my favorite trailer from the last few years. Doesn't give away much plot, like at all, but insanely creepy.

That was a good trailer. It felt like "A Clockwork Orange" in a weird way. I don't know much of what was happening but I have a very vague idea.

Along those lines, only trailers I can remember liking and not spoiling in the past few years were "Inception", "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty", and the new Nolan movie, "Interstellar".

Not surprisingly, respectively speaking, I loved the first, seriously enjoyed the second, and have high hopes about the third.

I wish Hollywood would stop doing the Inception "BWOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAMMM!" in every trailer.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #1667: May 24, 2014, 08:13:55 AM »
I don't think "Million Dollar Arm" is a million dollar box office hit.  I couldn't wait for the movie to end.

Offline Optics

« Reply #1668: May 24, 2014, 10:56:49 AM »
I don't think "Million Dollar Arm" is a million dollar box office hit.  I couldn't wait for the movie to end.

It got a 62% on RottenTomatoes which is a lot better than I thought. I've heard conflicting things about the movie myself.

And I'm pissed Arch Campbell spoiled Godzilla on the radio yesterday on the Tony Kornheiser Show(well not the entire film, just a certain event that happens early in the movie). Makes me not want to watch it.

X-Men has been getting great reviews, but I don't know I'm not much of a superhero movie fan.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1669: May 24, 2014, 11:24:13 AM »

X-Men has been getting great reviews, but I don't know I'm not much of a superhero movie fan.

In semi-related news... when the first X-Men came out way back in the day, I remember the local newspaper reviewer gave the movie a bad score because he thought the character names were stupid. Really? You're going to dock points off a movie because you don't like the names of the comic book characters?

Maybe you should give this a try... a good movie is usually a good movie regardless of the genre.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #1670: May 24, 2014, 12:30:40 PM »
The worst is when a trailer makes me laugh and laugh and I go see the movie and realize the only funny parts are the ones shown in the trailer, not a single other funny part in the whole actual movie :?

Seems like a good trailer -  they convinced you to buy a ticket for a bad movie

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #1671: May 24, 2014, 01:00:56 PM »
And I'm pissed Arch Campbell spoiled Godzilla on the radio yesterday

Last night I watched "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly," and now whenever I hear about somebody being named Arch I'm going to think of Arch Stanton.

Offline blue911

« Reply #1672: May 24, 2014, 02:15:00 PM »
Last night I watched "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly," and now whenever I hear about somebody being named Arch I'm going to think of Arch Stanton.

(Image removed from quote.)

Giancarlo's great,great granddad.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #1673: May 24, 2014, 03:20:38 PM »
OK so Fassbender Magneto is something like a BOSS.

and I love how they basically fixed everything from the previous movies.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #1674: May 24, 2014, 10:49:46 PM »
finally saw Frozen tonight.  If you have kids and haven't seen it you are wrong.  Fantastic movie.