Author Topic: Nationals @ Braves, Game 2  (Read 20183 times)

Offline ronnynat

Re: Nationals vs Braves, Game 2
« Reply #75: September 08, 2007, 09:25:39 PM »
I'll bet the Nationals have the highest number of non-competitive losses as a percent of losses than any team in the major leagues.

..and you'd lose that bet

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #76: September 08, 2007, 09:26:57 PM »
This game...games like this is the most disappointing part of this season.  There have been too many games, this season, where we haven't even been competitive and there's no excuse for that.  They don't have to be as good as the other team to be competitive.

I'll bet the Nationals have the highest number of non-competitive losses as a percent of losses than any team in the major leagues.

And non-competitiveness is a manager/coach issue.  :?
Correct about us having so many games where we never had a chance from the start.  There is no reason for us to get slaughtered like this game after game.  And it's more of our own doing than the opponent.  When you commit 3 errors and walk 5 batters it does not matter whether you are playing Tampa Bay or the Mets, you are going to have trouble winning that game. 

Offline Jayman77

« Reply #77: September 08, 2007, 09:27:49 PM »
and that's how it should be right now.

Exactly.  What did you expect--that the Nats would be over .500 against those teams?  Pfft...

Offline PC

« Reply #78: September 08, 2007, 09:27:58 PM »

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #79: September 08, 2007, 09:29:28 PM »
Exactly.  What did you expect--that the Nats would be over .500 against those teams?  Pfft...
Nope. But I do expect them to actually try.  Committing 8 errors and issuing 10 walks in these last 2 games while only scoring 4 runs is absolutely unacceptable.  The Braves aren't beating us, we are beating ourselves.  You have to at least make your opponent beat you rather than giving them free walk after free walk and giving them 8 extra outs in 2 games.  The D-Rays or any team in MLB would have beaten us over the last 2 nights. 

Offline PC

« Reply #80: September 08, 2007, 09:35:11 PM »
Was that the Abreu fast ball?  :?

Offline Jayman77

« Reply #81: September 08, 2007, 09:35:57 PM »
Well, the Skins start tomorrow.  Sweet!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #82: September 08, 2007, 09:36:41 PM »
Was that the Abreu fast ball?  :?
of course.. Abreu is so random.  He absolutely dominates in AAA and has no problems with control.  When he pitches up here he can't consistently throw strikes and when he does he gets hammered.  Safe to say he won't be here next year. 

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #83: September 08, 2007, 09:37:09 PM »
Committing 8 errors and issuing 10 walks in these last 2 games while only scoring 4 runs is absolutely unacceptable.

They're not looking for your acceptance. Keep in mind that most of these guys (thanks to the crazy money and free agency) play for themselves...which would turn into effort. Why would these guys not try? They're professionals. You think we fielded a bunch of non-caring players? Face it, this team isn't the worst in the league, but they SHOULD lose...and yes, sometimes like this. Baseball is a game of streaks, so obviously, more will be of the losing fashion for us. Go be a Yankees fan or something if you can't deal w/ bad losses. Otherwise, BE PATIENT. This is still 2007.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #84: September 08, 2007, 09:39:34 PM »
Well, the Skins start tomorrow.  Sweet!

Can't friggin' wait. All of my teams have been losing real bad this year, though. The worst was the Wizards (Arenas AND Butler). Notre Dame's not working out this year, either. I'm optimistic w/ the Skins, but 8-8 seems like a good guesstimate :(...hope not, though.

Offline PC

« Reply #85: September 08, 2007, 09:41:37 PM »
They're not looking for your acceptance.

Whose "acceptance" are they looking for then?  The other players?  The manager/coaches?  The front office?  The ownership?  Whose?

Cuz they damn sure ain't getting it, whoever they're looking for, putting up these kind of numbers!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #86: September 08, 2007, 09:42:56 PM »
They're not looking for your acceptance. Keep in mind that most of these guys (thanks to the crazy money and free agency) play for themselves...which would turn into effort. Why would these guys not try? They're professionals. You think we fielded a bunch of non-caring players? Face it, this team isn't the worst in the league, but they SHOULD lose...and yes, sometimes like this. Baseball is a game of streaks, so obviously, more will be of the losing fashion for us. Go be a Yankees fan or something if you can't deal w/ bad losses. Otherwise, BE PATIENT. This is still 2007.
You are not getting the point.. A team should never play this poorly, NEVER.  I wonder if this is the first time this season a team has committed 8 errors combined in 2 consecutive games.  Right now I'd say we are fielding a number of non-caring players (cough Lopez cough) as evident in their embarrassing performance over these 2 games.  I know we are not a playoff team but that doesn't make it ok for them to play such uninspired and heartless baseball.  How can you explain 8 errors over 2 games and walking 10 batters?  Or even Chuck James dominating them... makes no sense

Offline PC

« Reply #87: September 08, 2007, 09:44:48 PM »
Bob just said the Braves have scored 9 runs tonight, 3 of them earned. :shock:

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #88: September 08, 2007, 09:44:59 PM »
Whose "acceptance" are they looking for then?  The other players?  The manager/coaches?  The front office?  The ownership?  Whose?

All of those other ones in the list works. It's all about the money and the comradery to these guys. The fans are extra. Ownership should "care" and look for "acceptance" from the fans.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #89: September 08, 2007, 09:45:12 PM »
8th straight road loss and 11th straight loss against teams over .500

Bob just said the Braves have scored 9 runs tonight, 3 of them earned. :shock:
Yep.  I'm sure that happens everyday.  This team is playing abnormally bad baseball.

Offline PC

« Reply #90: September 08, 2007, 09:45:55 PM »
All of those other ones in the list works. It's all about the money and the comradery to these guys. The fans are extra. Ownership should "care" and look for "acceptance" from the fans.

Well, they're not getting it!

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #91: September 08, 2007, 09:48:41 PM »
How can you explain 8 errors over 2 games and walking 10 batters?  Or even Chuck James dominating them... makes no sense

8 errors and 10 walks in 2 games = just a couple of really bad/off games. Not good, but doesn't mean they aren't trying.

Chuck James dominating = not too surprising at all. What about Mike Bacsik beating any ML team? What do you think those team's fans think?

Offline PC

« Reply #92: September 08, 2007, 09:48:50 PM »
Come on Nook.  Get that run in from third!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #93: September 08, 2007, 09:50:53 PM »
Nationals get 9 hits and only 2 runs.  Braves get 8 hits and score 9 runs.  That's what happens when you walk 5 batters and commit 3 errors.  That's the difference in the game.  btw, Nook looks awful.  Remember how many line drive hits he had about a month ago.  I haven't seen him hit one of those in weeks.  After getting swept in Atlanta hopefully we can sweep Florida to make up for it. 

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #94: September 08, 2007, 09:51:28 PM »
man, that must have hurt Kearns' hand on that homer.

Offline PC

« Reply #95: September 08, 2007, 09:52:02 PM »
man, that must have hurt Kearns' hand on that homer.

What?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #96: September 08, 2007, 09:55:18 PM »
Sportsfan, I can agree w/ you on one thing. When you're knocked out of the playoffs (officially), you definitely lose some of your drive. Obviously, right? That coupled w/ the fact that most of these guys are into their 6th month of playing..it's going to show. W/out the drive, how can't you expect these things to happen? But it's not that they aren't trying.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #97: September 08, 2007, 09:55:53 PM »
 :hang:

I'm glad i got to watch tonight's game  :roll:

At least i got to see Belly jack one

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #98: September 08, 2007, 09:56:58 PM »
What?

I was watching the replay. He jumped on the fence then put his hand in-between the wires while his body went the other direction.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #99: September 08, 2007, 10:21:24 PM »
On the up side, Bergie's pitching tomorrow and he's the only one to do well in Atlanta this year.  That was our only in Atlanta win.  And if Andrew's his "good luck charm", maybe I need to get a message to him that this is Nat'l Childhood Cancer Awareness Month AND Nat'l Leukemia/Lymphoma Month.   Anything to help get the curly w!