Author Topic: MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH THE CAPITALS  (Read 800 times)

nospinzone1

MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH THE CAPITALS
« Topic Start: July 02, 2007, 11:07:52 PM »
MANY YEARS AGO, MORE THAN I CARE TO REMEMBER I WAS INTO GIRLS AND GAMBLING. I HAD A COUPLE OF CHINESE FRIENDS THAT OWNED A CHINESE RESTAURANT AND WERE HOCKEY NUTS. WE HAD A TEAM IN THE BUSHES THAT PLAYED AT A N ARENA BY NEW YORK AVE. THEY TRIED AND TRIED TO GET ME TO GO WITH THE M TO A GAME UNTIL ONE DAY I RELENTED....AND I WAS HOOKED. I EVEN REMEMBER THE NAME OF A COUPLE OF PLAYUERS IN THE WASHINGTON TEAM: NICKNAMES, ACTUALLY; MOOSE AND WALLY. THEN CAME THE CAPS AND I LOVE THEM. WHY MENTION IT. ? MANAGEMENT SEEMS TO BE READY TO LET LOOSE THE PURSE STRINGS AND SIGNED A COUPLE OF GOOD PLAYERS. I HOPE THEY MAKE THE NEXT SEASON INTERESTING .

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Re: MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH THE CAPITALS
« Reply #1: July 07, 2007, 11:22:34 PM »
Next season WILL be interesting...Leonsis really threw down his wallet.  Nylander, Poti, Kozlov, not to mention Backstrom (who can throw a strike, might I add)...delish!!

Offline bob2274

« Reply #2: July 08, 2007, 03:29:51 PM »
I hope so. I was really excited before the 2001-2002 season when they were blowing money all over the place. The ray of hope is all the young players that have been developing with the organization this time. It's the same thing the Penguins did last year. Let's just hope that they can get the great results on the ice like the pens have.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #3: July 08, 2007, 07:42:34 PM »
They seem to have addressed specific needs this time, hopefully our young stars see that playing hard is going to be worth the effort.

nospinzone1

« Reply #4: July 08, 2007, 07:46:43 PM »
They seem to have addressed specific needs this time, hopefully our young stars see that playing hard is going to be worth the effort.

HOW IS YOUR , AND MY NEPHEWS AND NIECES, ALMA MATER LOOK FOR THE COMING SEASON IN BASKET AND FOOTBALL???

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #5: July 08, 2007, 08:40:57 PM »
HOW IS YOUR , AND MY NEPHEWS AND NIECES, ALMA MATER LOOK FOR THE COMING SEASON IN BASKET AND FOOTBALL???

I've given up trying to predict.  Some years I think they'll be great and they aren't, then like last year I thought they'd be bad, but they weren't.  In football though, they still haven't really developed a quarterback, which is what has been holding them back.  Maybe West Virginia will run another one out of town, which worked out pretty well for the Terps last time, right Sens?   ;)

nospinzone1

« Reply #6: July 08, 2007, 11:27:38 PM »
GOT TO GET ME A TERPS CAR WINDOW FLAG, THE ONES THT CLIP ON THE GLASS WINDOW. RIGHT NOW I HAVE SIX ON MY CAR: AMERICAN (2) ONE CUBAN. ONE CARDS, ONE SKINS, ONE NATIONALS.
NEVER HAVE A PROBLEM FINDING MY CAR IN PARKING LOTS. WISH I HAD MORE SPACE. DONT PUT THEM IN THE FRONT WINDOWS BECAUSE WHEN YOU ROLL THEM DOWN THERE GO THE FLAGS.