Author Topic: AAA starts March 29; rest on MiLB April 5  (Read 112 times)

Online welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball

Online welch

Re: AAA starts March 29; rest on MiLB April 5
« Reply #1: March 29, 2024, 12:27:14 PM »
 from the article:

Friday, March 29

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre @ Buffalo/Rochester @ Syracuse, 2:05 p.m. ET: Bundle up! The first two games of the 2024 Minor League season will be played concurrently in Buffalo and Syracuse, two Empire State locales that aren’t exactly known for temperate spring weather. Both the Bisons and the Mets are acknowledging -- even celebrating -- this reality, by giving away an ice scraper and a winter hat respectively.

In terms of prospects, Buffalo is sending out top Blue Jays prospect Ricky Tiedemann (MLB's No. 29 overall) as its Opening Day starter. The 21-year-old left-hander has three plus pitches in his fastball, slider and changeup that could all play in the Majors right away, and he could dominate out of the gate for the Bisons. For Rochester, No. 2 Nationals prospect James Wood (No. 14 overall) looks to build on his Spring Training momentum by showing off his plus-plus power and impressive speed from the heart of the Red Wings lineup.

Offline wj73

« Reply #2: March 29, 2024, 05:10:49 PM »
I’ve got tix for Opening Night April 5th at Harrisburg. Not quite as cold as Buffalo or Syracuse, but the forecast looks like it might be in the 40’s by game time. Just a bit chilly.

Online welch

« Reply #3: March 29, 2024, 07:36:20 PM »
I’ve got tix for Opening Night April 5th at Harrisburg. Not quite as cold as Buffalo or Syracuse, but the forecast looks like it might be in the 40’s by game time. Just a bit chilly.

As I watched James Wood strike out, I thought he would be blown back against the screen.