Author Topic: Season Plans - looking for a share or a partner?  (Read 622 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Season Plans - looking for a share or a partner?
« Topic Start: January 24, 2024, 02:35:10 PM »
Post here if you are looking to join a season plan group or are looking for someone to join your group.

Describe how many games and how many seats you want to buy / sell. If you have a plan already, indicate roughly where (section and roughly the row) and the cost per seat.

Offline rugbyflanker

• OllllllO
Re: Season Plans - looking for a share or a partner?
« Reply #1: January 24, 2024, 03:46:15 PM »
Hi All - Our full season ticket group is looking to add a few new partners. We currently have 2 seats in the club level on the aisle (Section 217. row F) for $82 a seat.  We were thinking we might go down to a half season plan though if we can't get enough games spoken for this year.  We typically like a minimum of a 5 game commitment but you can certainly have more games.  We could also merge with another group as well if that makes more sense.  Please respond here or PM me.  Thanks.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #2: January 24, 2024, 06:04:07 PM »
I'm just a member of this group, not the plan owner. She is looking to sell some shares. (Any plan holders going to the hot stove event?)

Section 127, row L (8th row)
$80 per seat per game
Games are allocated via an online draft.
Option 1 = 2 tickets to six games for $960
Option 2 = 2 tickets to nine games for $1440

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #3: February 23, 2024, 02:43:12 PM »
Anyone doing their ticket drafts? Post-Covid we switched to draft via email rather than in person. The draft meetings were always fun but this is a lot more convenient. Question: what should the penalty be for not responding for 24 hours? 48 hours? A week????? Skip a turn until they respond? Their pick drops to #81? Lose a hand?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4: February 23, 2024, 03:05:56 PM »
Anyone doing their ticket drafts? Post-Covid we switched to draft via email rather than in person. The draft meetings were always fun but this is a lot more convenient. Question: what should the penalty be for not responding for 24 hours? 48 hours? A week????? Skip a turn until they respond? Their pick drops to #81? Lose a hand?
nominally, I reserve the right to skip anyone after 24 hours on a weekday. I think I've pulled the trigger on a penalty once in about 15 years. I would let that person wake up and say "ready to pick" and insert them back in the order after whoever had the current pick finished. I'm too nice about this.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #5: February 23, 2024, 03:55:24 PM »
nominally, I reserve the right to skip anyone after 24 hours on a weekday. I think I've pulled the trigger on a penalty once in about 15 years. I would let that person wake up and say "ready to pick" and insert them back in the order after whoever had the current pick finished. I'm too nice about this.

That sounds reasonable. We don't have any such rule in our group, but I think that I'm the only one refreshing the Google doc non-stop.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
The Nats are going to be enforcing that fans use the Ballpark app this year. I often texted screenshots to friends who are not regular fans so that they didn't have to create and account and load the app on their phone. The Ballpark app now has a message that screenshots are no longer allowed.

In other ticket news, the $5 tickets are now for DC residents only and they are limited to four games a year.

Offline Five Banners

The Nats are going to be enforcing that fans use the Ballpark app this year. I often texted screenshots to friends who are not regular fans so that they didn't have to create and account and load the app on their phone. The Ballpark app now has a message that screenshots are no longer allowed.

In other ticket news, the $5 tickets are now for DC residents only and they are limited to four games a year.

They seem so predictable as far as things like this

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
because the demand for seats is so hard to fulfill?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
because the demand for seats is so hard to fulfill?

I think that the affordable seats were part of the ballpark deal and the city doesn't care if the team limits the offer to DC residents. Might sell close to the full 400 available for the Yankees and Dodgers but these tickets will go largely unsold with the limit of four per person.

The no screenshot rule is the change that will impact me the most, I text friends screensshots all the time instead of transferring the tickets via the app.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
last year, apparently you could take the email of a ticket sent to you via the app, print it out, and take the print out to the box office to get in without the app. i don't know if they are still permitting that work around.

It's not just Old Chelsea who got turned off by the smart phone app. I know at least two others who have mentioned it as part of the reason they don't go. Both older (than me) guys, but that's still a chunk of the fanbase.

I get the idea of pushing folks for the app. It let's them target you with marketing pitches. It also cuts way back on scalping, forcing resale to markets that give MLB a cut. There is some convenience, especially when you are going to 20 games. Query though whether the data they get on me (Drinks Old Ox and Port City! Eats Pupusas and designer dogs! that must mean he uses a dry cleaner in Crystal City!  let's sell that!) is what they are after, or whether they think they can graduate the 1-2 times a year student intern into a 5+ game a year person if they come back to DC with a full time job.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
last year, apparently you could take the email of a ticket sent to you via the app, print it out, and take the print out to the box office to get in without the app. i don't know if they are still permitting that work around.

It's not just Old Chelsea who got turned off by the smart phone app. I know at least two others who have mentioned it as part of the reason they don't go. Both older (than me) guys, but that's still a chunk of the fanbase.

I get the idea of pushing folks for the app. It let's them target you with marketing pitches. It also cuts way back on scalping, forcing resale to markets that give MLB a cut. There is some convenience, especially when you are going to 20 games. Query though whether the data they get on me (Drinks Old Ox and Port City! Eats Pupusas and designer dogs! that must mean he uses a dry cleaner in Crystal City!  let's sell that!) is what they are after, or whether they think they can graduate the 1-2 times a year student intern into a 5+ game a year person if they come back to DC with a full time job.

I'm fine with the app. My issues are that I've sent tickets to friends who are coming to the ballpark for the first time and had to talk them through how to get into the ballpark while they are stuck at the gate and that it was easier to send my wife and kids screenshots than to have them all set up accounts. But I this move has been coming for a while so I'm not surprised.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I'm fine with the app. My issues are that I've sent tickets to friends who are coming to the ballpark for the first time and had to talk them through how to get into the ballpark while they are stuck at the gate and that it was easier to send my wife and kids screenshots than to have them all set up accounts. But I this move has been coming for a while so I'm not surprised.
I get it. For me, when we do an office outing, I end up with 10-15 summer clerks email addresses as partners to send out their tickets for the one game at Nats Park most will ever go to. Then there's the permanent staff who go to the game, too. Bit of a pain, leaves me with a lot of adds and deletes, and every time you enter an email, there's a new exposure of the data . . .