Author Topic: Shooting very close to Nats Park, four injured, one dead  (Read 606 times)

Offline Chelsea_Phil

Not good.

Offline Chelsea_Phil

Not good

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
According to the Washington post it was half a mile from Nats park, across from the waterfront metro, inside of an apartment. Victims and shooter knew one another.  From looking at a map, it was closer to the Maine waterfront than Nats park (200 block of M st SW).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/09/05/five-shot-southwest-waterfront-dc/

Offline blue911

According to the Washington post it was half a mile from Nats park, across from the waterfront metro, inside of an apartment. Victims and shooter knew one another.  From looking at a map, it was closer to the Maine waterfront than Nats park (200 block of M st SW).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/09/05/five-shot-southwest-waterfront-dc/

Greenleaf housing project

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
So .... there was a shooting in Southeast?

Online imref

So .... there was a shooting in Southeast?
SW

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I don't think the term "very close" is right here. It's not like the unit block or 100s of M St SE.  I honestly think few of the attendees of Nats games go down M Street SW, other than driving to / from the game. The fact that it was in an apartment and not on the street also would make me think this doesn't have as much to do with the safety of driving around the ballpark area. Do people park at Waterfront and hike in?   

Online imref

I don't think the term "very close" is right here. It's not like the unit block or 100s of M St SE.  I honestly think few of the attendees of Nats games go down M Street SW, other than driving to / from the game. The fact that it was in an apartment and not on the street also would make me think this doesn't have as much to do with the safety of driving around the ballpark area. Do people park at Waterfront and hike in?   

Some people will take the waterfront metro to/from the games to avoid the crowds at Navy Yard. But this particular incident has nothing to do with Nats park or the area around Nats park.

Offline Natsinpwc

Yea this is not a big deal as far as Nats games.

Offline Chelsea_Phil

Yeah, sorry, I based my original post on a headline I heard on WTOP at 5:30 this morning. Clearly it was not the whole story, or even close to it for that matter.

Offline Five Banners

Yeah, sorry, I based my original post on a headline I heard on WTOP at 5:30 this morning. Clearly it was not the whole story, or even close to it for that matter.

Or change it to DC United, as that Metro Station seems to be the main one used

Offline Natsinpwc

EPA used to have offices in Waterside Mall. I know folks who found bullet holes sometimes when they came to work. On the other hand. I would walk there from L’Enfant Plaza during the day and have no issues. I’ve also walked from Nats Park to L’Enfant plaza after a Nats say game and had no issues.  That was a few years ago.

Online HalfSmokes

EPA used to have offices in Waterside Mall. I know folks who found bullet holes sometimes when they came to work. On the other hand. I would walk there from L’Enfant Plaza during the day and have no issues. I’ve also walked from Nats Park to L’Enfant plaza after a Nats say game and had no issues.  That was a few years ago.

Fort Mcnair was the same way. Now, it's the most convenient place to park for Nats and Audi field games if you can find someone with a dod decal to go with

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Fort Mcnair was the same way. Now, it's the most convenient place to park for Nats and Audi field games if you can find someone with a dod decal to go with
I think vets can park there, too.

Offline Natsinpwc

Yea. Used to park L’Enfant plaza even for night games as metro to eastern PWC takes so long. Could park at the meters by the metro Maryland avenue exit and feed them quarters until 6:30. Just two stops to the Navy Yard. That was in my working days and gave that up.

Offline machpost

Greenleaf housing project
The shooting actually occurred in the relatively new apartment building across M Street from Greenleaf Gardens.