Author Topic: The Sunshine Squad 2023: Gotta be better, right?  (Read 15268 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
5-2 over our last 7, .500 in the road, 8 games back of first.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Look at the current 1st page of the gdt index. More wins than losses. That's something like the last 24.

Online welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Look at the current 1st page of the gdt index. More wins than losses. That's something like the last 24.

When, oh when, will the Nats be able to beat Miami? Other than Miami, the Nats can beat the teams at or below .500. That's a step toward respectability.

Offline imref

13-11 on page 1

Offline imref

Zuck notes: The Nationals are 18-16 since April 20, the fourth-best record in the NL during that span.

Offline imref

If we take two out of three from Philly this weekend we tie Philly. Gray, Gore, Williams lined up.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Yesterday was the last Phillies invasion of the season, so I'd say that's sunshine.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Yesterday was the last Phillies invasion of the season, so I'd say that's sunshine.
august. rhymes with locust.  sort of.

• babble on
But that ordure will at least be contained to CBP
august. rhymes with locust.  sort of.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
But that ordure will at least be contained to CBP
8/18 & 19 are here. 8/20 is Williamsport.

• babble on
So much for sunshine
8/18 & 19 are here. 8/20 is Williamsport.

Online Natsinpwc

Online Natsinpwc

At least Nats are not last in the NL. And look who is below.

I will take my Nats cap to the papal audience tomorrow for a blessing. So things should be looking up soon.

• babble on
At least Nats are not last in the NL. And look who is below.

I will take my Nats cap to the papal audience tomorrow for a blessing. So things should be looking up soon.

Hopefully not this one or the holy water will boil

Online welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball

Next season, it's a whole new ballgame! We remember 2012 when the Phillies began to collapse and the Nats headed to 1st place. And this team is not as good as 2011. Once the Phillies stumble, their fans howl...I remember what they did with Ryan Howard.

(Note the reference to Stephen J. Walker's A Whole New Ballgame, the story of the 1969 Washington Senators, the last Washington team to finish above .500 before the 2012 team. Meet & greets: Ted to Howard: "Frank, can you take a pitch?" And Science: Ted: "Can any of you idiots tell me why a curve ball breaks?" And Dave Baldwin, future PhD in Biology and MS Engineering, explained. Ted Turned and walked away without saying a word. https://www.amazon.com/Whole-New-Ballgame-Washington-Anniversary/dp/1929763883/ref=sr_1_1?crid=QINOLZOJV6FB&keywords=stephen+j.+walker&qid=1686087805&sprefix=stephen+j.+walker%2Caps%2C73&sr=8-1)

Offline imref

Tough stretch coming up - Atlanta and Houston. We should be able to go 4-2 at least.

Offline imref

if the results of every one-run game were flipped:

Offline aspenbubba

if the results of every one-run game were flipped:

(Image removed from quote.)

WOW!! I still like the record of one week ago if we would have won 5 of the 15 blown saves we would be at .500. Still need to get rid of Dom Smith and bring up Matt Adams.

Offline blue911

WOW!! I still like the record of one week ago if we would have won 5 of the 15 blown saves we would be at .500. Still need to get rid of Dom Smith and bring up Matt Adams.

Not all blown saves result in loses.

Online Natsinpwc

Just switch more runs until we get first!

• babble on
Verily, the new national pastime
Just switch more runs until we get first!

Offline GataNats

Not all blown saves result in loses.

No reason at all to bring up a 40 year old Adams

Offline catocony

The past two weeks has been all cloudy.  The only good news has been Lane Thomas continuing to perform well.

Offline imref

Jumped ahead of the Rockies!

Online Natsinpwc

19-21 on the road.